August Patch (1.0.1.383) is out!

Expected the obsolete frigates fix in this patch...

(Frigates still go obsolete with electricity, while the Destroyers are available with Combustion. And the Caravels correctly go obsolete with Combustion.
Or is it as intended?...)

when can I initiate diplomacy via clicking their names on the right :rolleyes:

The patch just downloaded for me as well (85mb ish). Alas a message came up with incomplete blah blah and even a verify of the game files was unable to fix. A complete removal of the game and I'm downloading the lot again now.!

All good stuff :D

I had that message also, left game 20 minutes and it was fine.

uh, bring up the diplo window? It's 1 click. Having all the leaders listed on the screen at all times just clutters it up.

They're already on the screen. There's no reason clicking them shouldn't do what it did in civ4

Lol I actually tried a rush pyramids strategy this morning (before the patch) with egypt on deity, it worked, and I also went tradition... Wish I waited a few hours to play that game, it probably would have played totally different.

Ugh, uninstalled Civ5 last week, now reinstalling to test the patch.
As always when a new patch arrives I'll try Pangaea Aztec OCC Culture Win with Raging Barbarians on King or possibly Emperor. I should be able to pull it off with the buffs to Tradition.

Can anyone confirm if the excessiv backstabbing has really been toned down ?

Downloading at a whopping 90 kps......I guess the servers are pretty taxed at the moment.

The Aristocracy, Landed Elite, and Trade Union updates play right into my hands. Now I can REALLY dominate a King-level game on Archipelago (the only map I can survive). The AI DoWs frequently, but NEVER sends the big invasion fleet across the large body of water. Gneeeeheheheheheheheee

Yeah that's exactly the problem with them. Presently it is too ineffectual to rush towards masonry straight off and build them. The question is does having 2 workers instead of 1 change that? There's a few scenarios I'm thinking about:

1) If you build no workers at all but just push towards the pyramids you can maybe build them by turn 50 or so. I don't have CiV in front of me ATM but I think it'll be about 25+ to research it and another 25 or so to build it. That seems to long to wait for your first worker so I think that's kind of a dud option.

2) Build 1 worker and then aim towards pyramids. With the worker and chopping and such you can probably shave 10 turns or so off the cost. This will leave you with 3 upgraded workers. If you are planning on a REX this might be a good option depending on your available resources and tech path and such. But did this approach actually save you a lot over just building / buying a worker when you needed it? I feel like I shouldn't go out of my way to get the pyramids... but at the same time if I'm heading that way anyways or have extra bonuses to building them this might be a valid option.

I agree with Martin though. An extra +GE point would've been a better option. Or maybe even a +3:c5production: in the building city permanently or something.

I like your option 2. I'm going to try that, hard building a worker first (ruins off), paired with Tradition. Dunno how it'll work out, but seems a fun play.

Good little patch. Devs were quite in hurry to rename Seoul, but still very welcome. Dying to know what minor fixes are. What about courthouse and embarked bugs?

I think big MP patch with sequential moves mode and MP AI is still to come. They just didn't have time to make it with this DLC.

Player can now manually save a game while in multiplayer.

This is, to me, the most important change. I can now have multiple MP games with different names saved.. so I can switch between them.. without manually messing with the folder.

Welcome to 1993, Firaxis.:)

To those having trouble following the patch, the standard things to try are:

-Restart Steam
-If still not working, right click the game and choose Propertiers -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

this is exactly the type of patch i'm looking for - not completely huge untested changes but small tweaks and bug fixes.

glad they made the completely worthless landed elite into a freebie with aristocracy.

the new landed elite is interesting. with that and the new wonder i guess tenochtitlan will now be able to get up to +80% excess food

the harbor / seaport adjustments are positive, seaport is worth building now. there are a couple old threads about the seaport but i won't dig them up, i'll just say i told you so here =p

they pyramids boost seems unnecessary, the worker speed + one worker was enough.

the brandenburg gate is interesting as well, units can start with 3 promotions without the total war policy.

On the pyramid boost, they probably went with statistics of people getting the various early wonders and realized it was still very low in high level play. Worker speed is nice but it isn't what it was in previous games where you needed/wanted every tile cleared/worked/roaded. The extra worker is just a decent boost considering the risk and how it's easy to steal at least one worker.

I wonder if anything along these lines would be effective:

- hopefully get 1 culture ruin, take citizenship as 2nd policy, use to improve & chop
- Build Pyramids early as possible, then immediately build settler
- Take free settler as 3rd policy (before settling settler #2)
- Have 3 cities, with 3 fully upgraded workers, very early
- Profit ?

Not sure how the timing will work out but seems intriguing.

Top Bottom