Units

rilnator

Emperor
I've created a scenario which I wanted to give a bit of a civil war era flavour. So I wanted to make several different infantry options available for production.

So I thought changing medieval infantry would help with this. I changed the attack and defence, changed the name and changed the Icon.

Only problem is, when these are produced, or when I placed them around them map in Edit they still looked like medieval Infantry. Even though the specs and name had changed.

You did not change the pediaicon sections which link to the animations. You either do this in the pediaicons.txt, and edit the existing entry for Medieval Infantry, or you make your own. Or as a simple change, change the pedia entry in the editor to PRTO_Infantry.

The unit icon itself does not have that big of an impact on the game's look. You can easily see what the unit icon does by looking at the unit in the city screen.

You did not change the pediaicon sections which link to the animations. You either do this in the pediaicons.txt, and edit the existing entry for Medieval Infantry, or you make your own. Or as a simple change, change the pedia entry in the editor to PRTO_Infantry.

The unit icon itself does not have that big of an impact on the game's look. You can easily see what the unit icon does by looking at the unit in the city screen.

Thanks mate, easier than I thought. This is real fun!

I tried to change the helicopter into a different type of plane so I chose the Zero from WW2 in the Pacific scenario.

Unfortunately game crashed as it didn't seem to recognise _Zero. Does not extend to other scenarios?

You have to set your scenario to look in the correct folder for the Zero.

In the Biq under Scenario, click Properties then under Scenario you will see Scenario Search Folders: That is where you set the Folders you want the Game to search.

Thanks mate.

Next question: Not a big fan of the culture flipping thing, losing 20 odd units in a newly conquered town is just BS.

How do you disable?

Thanks mate.

Next question: Not a big fan of the culture flipping thing, losing 20 odd units in a newly conquered town is just BS.

How do you disable?

Untick Allow Cultural Conversions.

How do you disable?

rilnator... in the Biq under Scenario, click Properties then under Scenario, on the right middle side, you will see Default Game Rules. Scroll down to find Allow Cultural Conversions. Uncheck it if you do not want it.

Regarding the Scenario Search Folders... When you type the Folder Links you want the game to search in, separate each with a semicolon.
Example... YOUR MOD;..\..\CIV3PTW\extras\Medieval Japan;..\..\then add another Search Folder Link if needed.

rilnator... in the Biq under Scenario, click Properties then under Scenario, on the right middle side, you will see Default Game Rules. Scroll down to find Allow Cultural Conversions. Uncheck it if you do not want it.

Regarding the Scenario Search Folders... When you type the Folder Links you want the game to search in, separate each with a semicolon.
Example... YOUR MOD;..\..\CIV3PTW\extras\Medieval Japan;..\..\then add another Search Folder Link if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Next question: is there a way to keep 2 (or more) countries at peace without a locked alliance. Or a war for war to start between 2 nations on turn 50 for example.

I have a scenario with 14 nations and by turn 3 everyone is at war with everyone else.

is there a way to keep 2 (or more) countries at peace without a locked alliance.

rilnator... Other than Trade... I cannot think of anything that would insure or try to preserve Peace and no War with the CIV Program.

Obviously, if the CIV does not want or need anything from another CIV, it would not care other than if that Civ gains more power and threatens them in some way.

Or a war for war to start between 2 nations on turn 50 for example.

I have a scenario with 14 nations and by turn 3 everyone is at war with everyone else.

Unfortunately there isnt much customization in this area of civ3. Though, if you use a preset map, you could use the submarine bug to start a war within 100 turns. But you have to make a suitable environment for this. There's a tutorial here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=325290.

Top Bottom