My Caravels and Privateers have a mind of their own.

NiceOneEmlyn

Chieftain
This is the second "bug" I have found when playing One City Challenge Ocean maps.

1 - I bombard the City down to no health and take care to take out all ranged unit defenders in the vicinity.

2 - I capture a City with caravel/privateer.

3 - The vessel that captured the City appears to be sitting on the City ruins, and remains there until my next turn.

4 - The truth is very different, whilst my enemies and barbs are having their turn, my vessel is actually floating in the Ocean somewhere unbeknown to me.

5 - When my next turn comes around and assuming I have survived (often not), my next move is from this Ocean spot which might be no where near the coastal point from which I captured the City.

6 - I have lost many ships in this manner and it is damned annoying because my City attack armada has been depleted and it can take an awful lot of turns to send a replacement.

These are some of the predicaments I have found myself in when finally locating it's whereabouts.

1 - On the opposite side of a long streaky island, now it has to run the gauntlet of any enemy shipping that might be positioned along the route back to the fleet.

2 - In the middle of an enemy fleet, and the only reason I know that It was ever there is because of the puff graphic that we see when we loose a unit.

3 - Back in my own Capital City.

4 - The funniest one ever, I was put into a single hex lake contained within the borders of the City I had just razed!

Top Bottom