My best city so far

Has anyone managed to put up a mega city NOT using the Romans? So far all the mega cities have been nothing but Roman cities. It would be nice to see some OTHER civilizations getting the mega city treatment.
Yeah, I made one last night using the Egyptians. You just need to get Code of Laws as soon as possible so you can switch to Republic. It's only a few techs: Alphabet --> Writing --> Code of Laws. In this case it helps to have a city or two working on sea squares early.

It is definitely possible with non-Roman civs, but not nearly ass effective. The 1/2 price Wonders and Roads is also a big boost. It isn't just Republic.
Right. I got so used to paying 15g and 30g for roads that it takes some time getting used to paying 60g and even 100g for roads when playing the Egytians. :D

Wow, looks like I'm going to have some catching up to do with this game when it comes out here on Tuesday... I'm sure I'll get my butt kicked on multiplayer the first few times I play

Wow, looks like I'm going to have some catching up to do with this game when it comes out here on Tuesday... I'm sure I'll get my butt kicked on multiplayer the first few times I play

The key in any strat whether your Feeding or not, is to have an early defense while still being able to implement your strat. Unless your going for a rush or an agressive style of play.

Top Bottom