Wii graphics>>>Ps2!!!!

here's another Wii game that doesn't look like it was made for last gen:
Smash Brothers Brawl....it even uses the same graphics engine that Halo 3 used.

I understand why Firaxis put the Wii version on hold...it was because it wouldn't be ready at the same time as the others anyway, so they might as well hold it and find out how the other versions sell first. My bet is the DS has the highest sales of CivRev, followed by the 360, then the PS3. I also bet that the number of sales is high enough that they decide to put out the Wii version after all.

As for the guy that said the Wii is only for stupid housewives...try playing the Wii before you bash it like that....many hardcore gamers have a Wii and either a 360 or PS3...it isn't displacing those systems that much, but it is complementing them very well and has a lot of fun, original titles that aren't possible on the 360 or PS3 because of that 'motion control gimmick'

Twilight Princess was a bad example, as it's basically a GC port. In any case, the Wii is a little more powerful than the Xbox 1, which was the graphics leader last gen:

CPU:
———
Wii: 729 MHz PowerPC
Xbox: 733 MHz Pentium III

GPU:
—-
Wii: 243 MHz
Xbox: 233 MHz

RAM:
—-
Wii: 91 MB total
Xbox: 64 MB Total

Not that any of this matters, as the fact is it will take extra work to make the Wii version simply because it will need to use a different engine than the 360/PS3 versions. The Wii can certainly handle the game, it's just that the geometry and textures will have to be redrawn, etc. I agree it would probably be worth it financially though.

I'm also a "hardcore" gamer guy who owns a Wii, but then, I always buy everything. Right now I'm debating which version of this to get...

Downloaded the demos for both, and they're mostly identical. I like the DualShock3's D-pad more for switching units, but the PS3 demo has some framerate and loading issues that the 360 doesn't seem to suffer from.

You got that backwards. The gamecube version was a port for the Wii version. Anyhow, there are other games not graphically possible. Lets see...

Red Steel
Far Cry
Battle for the Pacific
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Need for Speed Carbon

I could go on but I think the point has been made. If I were you, I'd get the 360 version. I own PS3 360 Wii myself. Anyway, there are two reasons for this:

1. Wayyyy more people to play
2. Vision camera.

The only reason I could be convinced to get the PS3 version instead is if it has some sort of exclusive content or something.

You got that backwards. The gamecube version was a port for the Wii version.

There's no question that the Wii is more powerful than the GC, but that statement is false. Being a huge Zelda fan, I followed this game from when it was first announced. TP was originally in development for GC. It was announced for GC back when the Wii was still called the Revolution, and the original planned release (on GC) was November 2005, prior to the Wii being out :). All the early media and playtests of the game were on GC hardware, motion controls were only tacked on later.

Myself and many other GC owners were worried when Nintendo suddenly announced late in production that they were bringing it to Wii as well, because there was a chance they would cancel the GC version in order to promote the new platform (thankfully they didn't).

The only graphical differences between the two versions are the resolution (if you're using the Wii's component cables) and a slight upgrade in texture clarity.

You can read more about the development history here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Princess

There's no question that the Wii is more powerful than the GC, but that statement is false. Being a huge Zelda fan, I followed this game from when it was first announced. TP was originally in development for GC. It was announced for GC back when the Wii was still called the Revolution, and the original planned release (on GC) was November 2005, prior to the Wii being out :). All the early media and playtests of the game were on GC hardware, motion controls were only tacked on later.

Myself and many other GC owners were worried when Nintendo suddenly announced late in production that they were bringing it to Wii as well, because there was a chance they would cancel the GC version in order to promote the new platform (thankfully they didn't).

The only graphical differences between the two versions are the resolution (if you're using the Wii's component cables) and a slight upgrade in texture clarity.

You can read more about the development history here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Princess

Still, the resolution is higher so that is something. Anyway, there are better and more examples of what I'm talking about besides TP, that I've already pointed out. The Wii is graphically better than the Gamecube on every dimension, and there is already games to prove so. People that assoicate the Wii with last gen graphics are flat ******ed, end of argument. Now I know its not near the PS3/360 but saying its not any better than ps2/xbox is going overboard.

1. Wayyyy more people to play
2. Vision camera.
I often found both of these are a mixed blessing. In the past I've played a few PC games online that wasn't all that popular yet it wasn't long before we recognize each other. As for the camera and mic I usually end up turn them off which in turn saves bandwidth.

Top Bottom