Jibberish or the real languages?

Since I don't know any languages except English and some Spanish, everything in the demo was jibberish to me. This is not a problem.

However, I'm just curious. Was that true made up Jibberish? Or was it the real languages? For example, would Julius Ceaser be speaking in Latin, and all his advisors the same? When you talk to Montezuma is that Aztec he's speaking in? Does Alexander speak Greek? Etc...

I haven't even played the demo yet, but I can tell you it's just gibberish.

I haven't even played the demo yet, but I can tell you it's just gibberish.

If you haven't played the demo yet, how can you tell me its gibberish? :p

CivIV used real languages, so I wouldn't find it strange for rev to be the same.

I don't care which way they go, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, let me turn off the gibberish if I want to. I was ready to throw my sixaxis through my TV after a few hours of the gibberish.

I don't care which way they go, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, let me turn off the gibberish if I want to. I was ready to throw my sixaxis through my TV after a few hours of the gibberish.

I don't know if turning off the gibberish will be an option, but you can always mute the advisors from the options screen.

i dont find the other leaders bad. They speak jibberish, but with a similiar dilect(atleast to a foreign ear)to respective cultures[i sure someone living in france or greece would get the same feeling]. Advisors which speak a more american jibberish can be more annoying though.

i dont find the other leaders bad. They speak jibberish, but with a similiar dilect(atleast to a foreign ear)to respective cultures[i sure someone living in france or greece would get the same feeling]. Advisors which speak a more american jibberish can be more annoying though.

As an American, I think the American gibberish would be pretty awesome.

Has anyone played The Sims? I swear that ALL the leaders and advisors are speaking Sims language...

Since I don't know any languages except English and some Spanish, everything in the demo was jibberish to me. This is not a problem.

However, I'm just curious. Was that true made up Jibberish? Or was it the real languages? For example, would Julius Ceaser be speaking in Latin, and all his advisors the same? When you talk to Montezuma is that Aztec he's speaking in? Does Alexander speak Greek? Etc...

they are speaking gibberish...you'd know if julius caesar was speaking latin, because at least some of it would make sense to you(since both English(well, partly) and Spanish are based on latin)

they are speaking gibberish...you'd know if julius caesar was speaking latin, because at least some of it would make sense to you(since both English(well, partly) and Spanish are based on latin)

What a dissapointment. It wouldn't have taken much effort for them to figure out the few phrases in the native languages, and it would have made the gameplay that much better.

As an American, I think the American gibberish would be pretty awesome.

i am american to. Like i said though i enjoy the foreign leaders becuase it's well foreign.my best guess would be that the native population of any certain leader would find they're leaders as i find the americanised advisors. (Lincoln will be anyone's guess, but my hopes aren't high.

Yes, it is Simlish. But hell yes, you can turn it off. Thank god! I really don't like where CivRev is going, but I'm willing to give it a try anyway.

They're speaking gibberish, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the previews. Also - it's actually a better solution than using natural languages, because you would end up being sick of listening to the same couple of sentences over and over.

It saddens me that Civ is going farther in that weird direction.

First cartoonish leaderheads and diplo lines in Civ 4, and now jibberish in Revolutions? What's next!?

Cartoon diplo lines and jibberish leaderheads!? :crazyeye:

But seriously, the Simlish isn't too bad, but I would prefer some lines in native tongue rather than paragraphs of jibberish.

They're speaking gibberish, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the previews. Also - it's actually a better solution than using natural languages, because you would end up being sick of listening to the same couple of sentences over and over.

You here the same gibberish over and over. Alexanders gibberish is very convincing. I seriously thought it was actually Greek. It really sounds like a real language!

I find that Rev's gibberish isn't as bad as most online gibberish I've heard.

I had the same thought about Simlish, too!

Incidentally, why does Alexander sound like a California surfer dude?

Top Bottom