Expansion pack announced - Civilization V: Gods & Kings

Theodora would not be a good choice for Byzantine ruler, imo. Civ may be needing more female leaders, but at least Wu Zetian ruled far longer than Theodora (who only ruled 1 year, not counting her time as co-empress with Zoe). They should choose Justinian (the most well known Byzantine Emperor), or Basil II (also well-known and accomplished).

I'm a little surprised this isn't being talked about much; From the Gamespot Ed Beach interview:
Ed Beach said:
"The nature of diplomacy is going to change as you progress through the ages," explained Beach. In the early ages, religion will be one of the crucial factors in how other civilizations respond to you. Later in the game, those religious prejudices will give way to ideology preferences. When a civilization commits to the freedom, order, or autocracy culture tree, it will become the new driving force behind international relations.

So religion isn't going to play the same role the entire game, and youe SP choices will matter in diplomacy now.

Sounds interesting.

Theodora would not be a good choice for Byzantine ruler, imo. Civ may be needing more female leaders, but at least Wu Zetian ruled far longer than Theodora (who only ruled 1 year, not counting her time as co-empress with Zoe). They should choose Justinian (the most well known Byzantine Emperor), or Basil II (also well-known and accomplished).

I could imagine they´ll take Michael VIII as he´s already integrated in the Mongol Scenario.

I think it might've been something to do with the recent patches, because I remember when I got the ... oh wait, we're getting of topic here, i"ll go right backup once i finish this. when I got the DLC it worked perfectly, but recently it didn't eliminate the other 2.

BACK ON TO THE TOPIC

Has there been any big news? Or annoucements, new screenshots?

Oh wow...totally shocked by this. I haven't played or paid attention to Civ5 in months (mainly too busy playing SWTOR) but maybe this will bring me back!

Really looking forward to this, especially the "steampunk" sounding scenario. I love playing the scens in CiV more than Vanilla, want to play now! I'd like some Civ's we havent heard or seen in any of the games before. I dont care how historically accurate they are as long as they are fun to play. Perhaps Scotland, with a unique unit called William Fookin Wallace that can beat up a GDR just by farting at it and like +100% per turn to science cause Scots invented everything (including bad spelling and poor grammar). Obviously im biased...

Civ V seems like a great game but it isn't my cup of tea. I am however looking forward to this expansion - looks rather interesting.

Top Bottom