Lake Victoria?

Supr49er

2011 Thunderfall Cup
Has anybody seen this in their games? I never have. If someone could post a shot of it, I would appreciate it.

Do you have Brave New World? It's not a very common wonder, so it could just be luck of the draw.

Yes, I have played maybe 20 games and have yet to see it.

Yes, I have played maybe 20 games and have yet to see it.

I guess I would chalk it up to bad luck -- Lake Victoria has been in 7 of my last 10 games.

A Natural Wonder that I rarely see is the Fountain of Youth. I think I've seen it maybe three or four times since its introduction.

LV comes up every now and then... it's the FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH that rarely comes for me!

well, this may/may not happen to you one day.. but while scouting at the beginning of the game, if you come across an oddly wide river that isn't typical game width, then LV will be at one end of that river. mentioned on the forums a while back.

Lake Victoria is fairly common. The two very rare wonders are Fountain of Youth and King Solomon's Mines. There was a post somewhere that included the rarity of several wonders.

I posted a screenshot of LV in the Funny Screenshots thread a while back. It came up in an ice-locked location. :D

2014-02-18_00005.jpg
Right there next to Corihuayrachina

i have a question, would lake victoria get the Aztecs UB's bonus?

i got it near me as Spain once - 12 food!!!

Im yet to spawn near king soloman's mines though. The would be 12 hammers as Spain which early on would be a huge advantage

Lake Victoria is fairly common. The two very rare wonders are Fountain of Youth and King Solomon's Mines. There was a post somewhere that included the rarity of several wonders.

I posted a screenshot of LV in the Funny Screenshots thread a while back. It came up in an ice-locked location. :D

KSM isn't that rare - I see it quite a lot. El Dorado is rarer, but both are a lot commoner than the Fountain.

On an old (but post-BNW) thread, someone went through all the NWs and found that with the exception of these three and Cerro de Potosi (which I think is about as common as KSM), all NWs have the same rarity - so Lake Victoria should be as common as Uluru or Grand Mesa. Low rarity in combination with its ridiculous yield makes LV pretty much without doubt the best NW in the game.

Ah, ok, correction. Any others that aren't counted as mountains??????

Not sure if it counts as a mountain in other respects, but you can't use Uluru to meet 'mountain within X tiles' requirements for Wonders or the observatory (in the former case I presume because there aren't graphical assets to represent, say, Machu Picchu on top of Uluru). I think the same is true of some other G&K Wonders, but I'm not sure - Mt. Sinai certainly counts as a mountain.

KSM isn't that rare - I see it quite a lot. El Dorado is rarer, but both are a lot commoner than the Fountain.

On an old (but post-BNW) thread, someone went through all the NWs and found that with the exception of these three and Cerro de Potosi (which I think is about as common as KSM), all NWs have the same rarity - so Lake Victoria should be as common as Uluru or Grand Mesa. Low rarity in combination with its ridiculous yield makes LV pretty much without doubt the best NW in the game.

Well, I was referring to another post where someone posted the actual percentage chance as a list.

However, another factor may be specific map types. For example, it would make sense for something like LV to have a lower chance to occur, overall, on desert maps. Percentage chance may only be one factor for a specific wonder to be placed on a specific map type, or rather you need certain tiles for certain wonders.

I think part of it is that you just don't notice when a wonder like Grand Mesa isn't around, for example.

Lake Victoria was fixed to count as fresh water for purposes of farming adjacent tiles and getting extra food at Civil Service, but it is not a lake for purposes of the Aztec Floating Gardens.

i got it near me as Spain once - 12 food!!!

Im yet to spawn near king soloman's mines though. The would be 12 hammers as Spain which early on would be a huge advantage

Spawned next to the mines with Spain onces. It's pretty much a reroll game as the advantages mean you will get pretty much every wonder you want and have a giant leader soon enough. Even on the harder difficulties it makes the game so easy :lol:

Top Bottom