Ever killed a Babylonian Scientist?

This behavior is just plain stupid. This is just one of the reasons why multiplayer is broken. This simultaneous turns needs more polishing, I think at least troop movement should be turn based because it's rather silly, if you are not on guard things like this can happen and it is a Turn Based game after all. Playing a Hot-Seat game with GMR would be fair, but that would take an insane amount of time.

Mp sim does have its issues but hey, its better to make an early academy with babylon than make an early bulb for science with babylon gs.

just because the opponent was a few seconds faster.

Unfortunately MP games often come to this: whoever clicks first wins the war. I don't like it either.

I was never a good AoE player lol

This is one of the main reasons I never got into MP. It effectively converts a great strategy game into a RTS game. The other reason is I don't enjoy being rushed in this game. Contemplating my move is extremely relaxing and enjoyable, but the stress of other's waiting on me would ruin that. I understand why they could not keep the game turn based, but simultaneous turns completely changes everything in regards to combat tactics.

Having someone lurking in the shadows to gank my GS would pretty much be a rage quit.

If you can do it because the other player was careless and did not guard the GS it's ok, it is actually worth it keeping a scout around. But taking advantage of a flawed system and doing it before the player has a chance to even move it's GS on the turn it's spawned sounds more like exploiting. The game is designed as a turn based strategy and you should not lose in situations like this just because the opponent was a few seconds faster. The simultaneous turns is a very good idea and it actually makes multiplayer playable, but the conflicts that arise from this should be resolved better.

I agree that it's heavily exploitative. Nevertheless it's still a great troll move as I said before, and it gave me a heavy giggle the few times I"ve managed to pull it off successfully.

With that said, I don't think I've ever killed the Scientist with first moves alone. It has always been because they moved it onto a hill, or across a river, or 2 tiles and expended their movement points. In addition it's hard to predict exactly where the scientist will spawn, and sometimes you will not be able to place your scout in range of where you think the scientist will go without being visible from their borders.

So the odds of your success are already so diluted that the possibility of killing it on first moves alone is practically irrelevant.

Nevertheless it's still a great troll move as I said before, and it gave me a heavy giggle the few times I"ve managed to pull it off successfully.
Great move indeed, I once killed my friends GS in multiplayer we didn't play CiV again for 3 weeks (we were playing an average of about 2 a week before)

This is one of the main reasons I never got into MP. It effectively converts a great strategy game into a RTS game.
The other reason is I don't enjoy being rushed in this game. Contemplating my move is extremely relaxing and enjoyable, but the stress of other's waiting on me would ruin that. I understand why they could not keep the game turn based, but simultaneous turns completely changes everything in regards to combat tactics.

Having someone lurking in the shadows to gank my GS would pretty much be a rage quit.
got somethin' against RTS's punk? :lol::lol: seriously though it is very annoying in MP when you have to think about a move and you have an impatient player bugging you to hurry up (I only ever played private MP games with my friend but he is very impatient) but I cant say much better about myself either.;)

Great move indeed, I once killed my friends GS in multiplayer we didn't play CiV again for 3 weeks (we were playing an average of about 2 a week before)

got somethin' against RTS's punk? :lol::lol: seriously though it is very annoying in MP when you have to think about a move and you have an impatient player bugging you to hurry up (I only ever played private MP games with my friend but he is very impatient) but I cant say much better about myself either.;)

Yeah but on the other hand though, sometimes it's frustrating when you have that player takes taking five minutes to end their turn on turn 20. It gets frustrating but sometimes I'm on either side of that coin.

I played lots of AoE back in the day, and my strengths where overall strategy, but my weakness was keeping an eye on what the enemy was doing. It was fun for a while, but time stress is just not fun for me. Contemplating strategy is what I enjoy and for civ the early game is where the most important decisions are made so my turn times can be extremely long. My friend has absolutely refused to play with me because he is extremely ADD.

Top Bottom