IOT Game Information

I come here to advertise the upcoming JIOT, my first IOT and forum game in general EVER!

Hopefully opening sign-ups in December. More information next week.

Despite the lack of general interest shown in this forum, today I bring you some more and exclusive information about my upcoming IOT!

For starters, the corporate logo:
Spoiler :

The main title is JIoT, and I'm working with a few subtitles at the moment.

On the ruleset, it will be extremely simple, in order to provide an easily manageable game that it is my intention to update for longer than most IOTs.

It will also feature a new map I'm developing at the moment.

Next Friday, more!

Well, most NESers and IOTers are pretty separate for reasons I cannot fathom.

Anyway, if this IOT is fairly easy to learn, I'll probably join it.

Not fairly easy, outright obvious hoe rules work, that's how it'll be.

Well, most NESers and IOTers are pretty separate for reasons I cannot fathom.

Anyway, if this IOT is fairly easy to learn, I'll probably join it.

Because attempting to merge separate but similar social circles always works and is never any trouble.

Despite the lack of general interest shown in this forum, today I bring you some more and exclusive information about my upcoming IOT!

For starters, the corporate logo:
Spoiler :

The main title is JIoT, and I'm working with a few subtitles at the moment.

On the ruleset, it will be extremely simple, in order to provide an easily manageable game that it is my intention to update for longer than most IOTs.

It will also feature a new map I'm developing at the moment.

Next Friday, more!
Post again when you have more, or just tease us. :)

Wait, are you threatening to play an IOT?

JOAN, HURRY!

Today is Friday! And Friday means update on my progress on JIoT! I can advance that, following a long and proud tradition of ruleset theft, my IOT will reuse an already-tested full ruleset with minor tweaks.

But if I'm stealing a ruleset is because it is already perfect for this IOT. And also because I am not really a man of rulesets, but more a man of maps. Here, inspired in the Australian School of Cartography (aka TK's I&B games' map style), I present the first draft of JIoT's map!
Spoiler :

It is still unlabelled and it is based on actual geographical accidents, heir to my first solo attempt at a world map which was praised for its nice-looking Africa. This time I was more flexible with terrain changes in order to produce better-looking provinces. Asia is still a mess, though.

North America and Anatolia need work as well, for reasons stated in the IOT Dev thread.

You have already said that in the IOT Dev thread, now STFU and go away.

SonicTH has set out two intresting games that may be of note to ya all.

One is the Universel Game, set on a plain world which mechanical focus.

The other is IOT X: the Space Race. Set in classical style of a IOT game with focus on roleplay, to the point military is focused on war plans and your nation is set in how you write it.

Both these have room for more players.

On the other hand, I offer SonRISKyDiplomacy which is just a streamlined combination of Diplomacy and Risk using TK's Iron and Blood map.

I'm afraid I'm postponing JIoT until January for several reasons.

Basically, many IOTs going on, with I&B4 probably arriving on December, the fact that I want to play I&B4, TerraNES and several others and that will leave me without time if I am able to adjust my schedule so I can actually play all of them, and the fear that a stop due to Christmas vacation may kill the game due to its simple and fast nature.

In the meantime I will work more on the map and maybe even work on some rulesets for a hypothetical and much more complex sequel.

I'm starting a game soon hopefully, but much of the world is still rather blank, so I'm gonna advertise it here.

The game is an Earth-bound politic/management game where you have control of a country whose power is ranked as Great, Medium, or Small. Great Powers have to solve domestic issues while catering to the world as its leaders, colonizing the Solar System for extra resources to keep their position. Medium powers are the most diplomacy-reliant powers, with less focus on domestic issues and more focus on trying to become major powers themselves by making various deals, eventually obtaining enough influence and power to proclaim themselves great powers. Small powers, while under-developed, offer the most flexible play styles. Their only domestic problem is staying in power if you forget about the underdeveloped economy that can stille be buffed with trade.

Here's a map of all nations so far.
Spoiler :

And Andorra+surrounding area is claimed, but have not been specified yet.

Sadly, there are a large amount of Great Powers and Medium Powers compared to Small Powers, which is the opposite of what I want happening. Medium/Great power slots are frozen until I get more small powers.

to be fair the first one didn't get all that far; it only technically finished.

It got, what, eight rounds? That's longer than the average IOT.
Not to mention that DT was fairly significantly more powerful than anybody else, by that point.

Top Bottom