Religion RNG Moment

Nick31

Prince
In a recent game, I had a hilariously frustrating wait for a Prophet to spawn.

I was playing an Immortal game with Byzantines and found Mt. Sinai a looooong way from my capital. But, I thought it fun to send my first settler 20+ tiles from my cap and got a NW pantheon. I get to 201 faith quite quickly, and then micro off the wonder to work some food.

I waited 17 Turns for a prophet. Unreal. Just turn after turn after turn.

Does anyone know if your total amount of faith changes the prophet spawn rate? If you keep working the faith wonder and get to 250, or 300 faith, does that impact the prophet spawn odds, or is it once you reach 200, the chance of spawning is the same?

I ended up having a really fun game, but boy, I kind of had my early religion dreams dashed.

Waiting for the Prophet RNG is frustrating but I've never heard of 17 turns? What game speed are you playing on?
It is possible that once you go over the minimum amount of faith required the odds do improve but maybe Acken or Jon can confirm.

Does anyone know if your total amount of faith changes the prophet spawn rate?

Yes. Every 1 faith you have over the threshold is +1% spawn chance.

There's no point is settling Kailish or Sinai and not working it. When I settle those wonders, I usually buy/build a Granary first thing to offset the fact that a citizen is working a 0 food tile. At the very least, wait until your religion is founded, enhanced, and maybe even your first missionary spreading it to your cities. ESPECIALLY if you're playing Byzantium.

[EDIT]
Why would a person have to be jon or Acken to confirm?!

Oh, it was Standard Speed, alright. I can't remember ever having to wait more than 10 turns, so I was watching the faith counter with awe as it kept ticking up 1 every turn and no Prophet!

Thanks, Dushku. I feel like that made sense implicitly (as I can't recall having more than 250 faith stored up pre-Prophet), but the Micro-focus in me couldn't bring myself to work faith to then burn faith :).

In this game, and others, I generally save my gold to buy the Library so I can get a quick 3-city NC up. Particularly as this city was so far away, I let it stay smallish for awhile. I actually did the fun trick of using a CS for free roads, so I eventually had some massive road snacking North to connect it for a Trade connection.

I say this a lot, but Immortal is the way to play if you want to do fun things and still have a dominant game. In this particular one, an Aggressive Germany gave me an early DOW without the troops to back it up. I had a 3-city NC and 2 very strong cities (my Sinai one took awhile to get big, but did at least have 2 lux), so I impressed upon Germany the power of the Cataphract. Took his 3 best, and set off peaceful the rest of the game for T280 Science victory.

That usually happens. Prophets slowly spawn up way after you reached the faith requirements.

Holy...I remember it was 25% + x% for each faith pt higher than 200 on standard, so 17 is seriously bad RNG...it's usually not worth continue working the faith to get a better chance for a prophet. If I recall, when your prophet spawns it takes all your faith. you do get better chances for an early religion though.

it's usually not worth continue working the faith to get a better chance for a prophet. If I recall, when your prophet spawns it takes all your faith

This is a reason to keep working it, not to stop working it. Not working it, he lost all of his faith 17 turns later. Let's say he had kept working it and got the prophet 5 turns later. By 17th turn, he'd have another 96 faith instead of zero.

When I'm going for a religion, I push it as hard a I can, to brake anybody's shot at 1st religion; push it 'til Bozo's flimsy infidel attempt at faith withers into forgotten memory .

GProphet RNG is a pain, yes; so I'll build as many R.buildings as I can stuff into a city, even useful infidel R.buildings for the extra Fpt (so I'm greedy, house-sized snowballs are FUN to toss at unprotected cities !!) . Let Bozo do his R.buildings, I'll have them soon enough !

Captured or Rescued R.People (GPs, MSSYs) of useful types may/should be kept to use on new or dinky cities for infidel R.buildings, then send in your home-grown R.People to 'correct' such heresies, to your profit ! Useless R.People, I'll send to another Bozo to futz up THEIR 'alleged' faiths .

Im guessing that usually happens because youre the first one that reached the faith requirements and no one made a religion yet.

Top Bottom