You've broken my game!!!

tonycz

Chieftain
:mad:

This has been for about 3 weeks now (or however long it is since they released 1.10 in Europe.

I have a PS3, patch 1.10, and live in the UK.

Ever since the patch I can no longer connect to any type of MP game.

I know very well it is not only me with this problem. I've seen many people post about this on here, and yet we haven't had a reply to the problem, telling how or when it will be fixed.

Not only that, the scoreboard is absolute non-sense as well. Often (before 1.10) wins were not registering, and the ranking system is terrible. How can I (record 4-3) be below people with a record of 0-3?

I just want this sorted out, badly. Not even sorted out in fact, I'd just like someone official (Elizabeth?) to reply to this, telling me how and when this will be getting fixed.

One final moan before I'm gone. How can you patch a game for Europe and not the rest of the world? Why has the settler thing only been changed for us? Not that I can connect to anyone, but if I could, and played against a US player, both with Rome, I wonder who would win?

Seriously, I just don't get any of this. I really wish they'd make a sticky explaining everything. I've never in my life received such poor customer service from a global business (and trust me, I've eaten in McDonalds!). Where is the communications?

:mad::(:cry::confused:

:mad:

This has been for about 3 weeks now (or however long it is since they released 1.10 in Europe.

I have a PS3, patch 1.10, and live in the UK.

Ever since the patch I can no longer connect to any type of MP game.

I know very well it is not only me with this problem. I've seen many people post about this on here, and yet we haven't had a reply to the problem, telling how or when it will be fixed.

Not only that, the scoreboard is absolute non-sense as well. Often (before 1.10) wins were not registering, and the ranking system is terrible. How can I (record 4-3) be below people with a record of 0-3?

I just want this sorted out, badly. Not even sorted out in fact, I'd just like someone official (Elizabeth?) to reply to this, telling me how and when this will be getting fixed.

One final moan before I'm gone. How can you patch a game for Europe and not the rest of the world? Why has the settler thing only been changed for us? Not that I can connect to anyone, but if I could, and played against a US player, both with Rome, I wonder who would win?

Seriously, I just don't get any of this. I really wish they'd make a sticky explaining everything. I've never in my life received such poor customer service from a global business (and trust me, I've eaten in McDonalds!). Where is the communications?

:mad::(:cry::confused:

please don't expect sympathy, apologies or usually even explanations. I got banned from the 2k forum for posting 'unpatch me' in 7 threads (jesus i almost brought down the global economy with that misdemeanor lmao)

Basically, they don't really care. This 'looming on the horizon' patch 1.20 is no compensation for breaking the game and doing nothing about it. And the real joke is the 1.10 patch was only, allegedly, a head start for DLC that hasn't been released yet lol (although the conspiracy theorists may suggest they deliberately broke it to give themselves time to fix the utter chaos that was ps3 multi-player).

Still, it's all really rather pathetic. Fortunately i work and earn reasonable money so i, in my utter blind devotion to Civ (despite this complete mess up... it's the only game i've had loyalty to for over a decade) bought an Xbox to play it. If this isn't possible i'm more than sympathetic to you and it's a shame that all you're going to get out of 2k and their representatives is more pissed off. Rather than them rolling back the patch and sorting it out... and no, deleting the patch yourself doesn't do it so if that guy comes in here and feels like posting that again then there's no point).

and no, deleting the patch yourself doesn't do it so if that guy comes in here and feels like posting that again then there's no point).

:)

I am sorry deleting the patch did not work. I know from other posts that it has worked for some people.

hey there,

sorry it took me a bit to get to this thread -- i'm usually faster at responding on the 2K Forums -- but while taking off 1.10 will not solve all problems for you, it may help find you some games on MP. however, 1.20 is currently in QA and will fix all these problems and should be out soon -- i'll update this forum with more details when i have them.

i do believe Padma put up all the info on 1.20, so i won't repeat it here!

thanks!

Lo, I certainly gonna line Mr Gate's pockets even more by buying a 360 just so I can play this. Why would I do that? I hate Microsoft and everything they stand for. I have the better console, and am not about to spend a reasonably large amount of money to buy an inferior product to the one I have just so I can play a game that I've already bought and should be able to play in the 1st place.

WTF? You hate microsoft and everything they stand for?? What making money?
I have a PS3 and 360 and like them both, but sorry, that comment is just plain stupid. lol.

Ok, so I can't have my own opinion? It's not the making money that I hate them for, that would be stupid, you are just putting words in my mouth there. I never said once that I hate them because they make money.

I hate them in much the same way as I hate Apple. They are both attempting to monopolise the industry, taking away customer freedom of choice. This is why I use Firefox instead of i.e. I would use other programmes too, but unfortunately there is no wp package that is anywhere near as good as Word. The office applications are the best on the market, which annoys me, because I don't have the option to use something else instead.

I also hate the way ms throw money around to get what they want. GTAIV, lets give Rockstar a couple of million so we can have exclusive dlc. MS know they have the inferior system, and therefore have to pay companies big money to develop exclusively for them, as they know that if all things were equal, and the same things were available for both consoles, then the PS3 would eliminate the XBOX360 very quickly.

So there you go, that's why I hate Microsoft. Not because they make money, because they don't play fair. Next time, instead of assuming like you just did, maybe a simple question would be better. Just ask me why I hate them, instead of assuming it's because they make money.

The things you accuse Microsoft and Apple of doing aren't things that Sony has avoided. Sony basically "bought" the dominance of Blu-ray through their consortium. In fact, almost all large corporations do the same kinds of things. That's how they get so big. Do you hate all large corporations?

Here's a list of the 500 biggest corporations in the world: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2008/snapshots/2255.html

Do you avoid products from all of them? That seems like it would be pretty hard to do, but maybe you're just a lot more "organic" than the rest of us.

Top Bottom