caravan gifts

Tadaas

Chieftain
does anyone have any idea why firaxis spent time on programming and art work for the caravan gifts in the trophy room, like the tenors or jugglers?

If I could trade them or sell them it could makes sense but seems like a lot of wasted eyecandy. Am I missing something?

Just eye candy that becomes a bit of a nuisance after a while.

I don't appreciate dancing bears btw, I'd like the option to liberate them. :p

I believe it is a totally useless part of the game. Watched it the first time around when I played the tutorial and after that... Nope!

A game full of depth and meaning in all dimensions and then this nonsense. But, hey it is only one push on the x-button (PS3) and then it is gone so I guess it is not that much of a problem. Only that they spent valuable time on something useless and then didn´t have the time to put in trophy support...

Wait. Did someone say something about Dancing Bears? Who doesn't love Dancing Bears?

Look at them. They are wearing tutus. Tutus!

Everytime I see them, I imagine Ghengis Khan roaring with drunken laughter.

So true lol. But would be nice if it told you who it came from and even better let you give gifts to other players. As homage, thanks, apologies etc. Would also be good if it added to your one of the victories depending on why you got the gift.

P.S. Anyone know why you get them? I.e. certain era? major victory? impressive culture? because tbh im baffled lol.

I've received them after major combat victories, due to cultural and economic expansion...I think if you're basically doing well you get them.

It wouild be nice if they served some purpose other than eye candy, but if you don't like them it's fast to just disregard the message.

I want vassal states.

I recall several times vassal states were useful to me. Would be neat for MP too.

I want the Apostolic Palace.

That's because you, sir, are a pig. A PIG! :p ;)

PETA!!!!

I was intrigued at first, and they are sort of cute (love the music playing for the dancing bears), but I just skip them at this point (except the bears) because there really is no reason to look at them.

:mischief: www.petakillsanimals.com - I would think dancing bears would be the least of PETA's problems.

Top Bottom