New patch 1.10 - no more mega city :-(

Xbox 360 did not have an update yesterday.

I got an update when I started up the game yesterday - it was about 10pm MST

That's weird. I didn't get one last night, and I was looking for it after reading this thread yesterday.

correct! If the city you want to increase is greater than pop 5, it will NOT give you +1 per. settler. It will now take you 2-3+ settlers to increase 1 pop. When the city is above 11 pop, it takes 3-4 settlers now
is that how it works with Republic? what would be the point/advantage of Republic then?

is that how it works with Republic? what would be the point/advantage of Republic then?

Well the point/advantage of republic was to be able to settle NEW towns for only a 1 pop penalty to your capital/city. And that new city can be 2-3 pop depending on the age. So 1 pop penalty to gain 2-3 pop elsewhere is an advantage. I think doing a regular settler depletes your population by 2 w/out a Republic.

edit: and by "elsewhere" I mean "at a newly founded city"

Well the point/advantage of republic was to be able to settle NEW towns for only a 1 pop penalty to your capital/city. And that new city can be 2-3 pop depending on the age. So 1 pop penalty to gain 2-3 pop elsewhere is an advantage. I think doing a regular settler depletes your population by 2 w/out a Republic.

edit: and by "elsewhere" I mean "at a newly founded city"
now it's coming together, thanks!

so why was the decision made to allow settlers to settle in existing cities, in the first place? I always thought that seemed strange, when I found out you could do that.

I'm happy they decided to patch the mega city, but to be honest, if you have a city close to the sea + Harbor + Aqueduct = Megacity, specially if you are Japanese, slow but mega city anyway. If you can rise the pop of you city til 10 with only 1 settler, well that is more than boost for that city.

I'm happy they decided to patch the mega city, but to be honest, if you have a city close to the sea + Harbor + Aqueduct = Megacity, specially if you are Japanese, slow but mega city anyway. If you can rise the pop of you city til 10 with only 1 settler, well that is more than boost for that city.

Is it confirmed that they patched this? I still haven't seen anything official about it, and I tend not to trust unofficial sources.

Not yet or at least I did not noticed.

If true - I applaud this change. :thumbsup: A good solution to the problem. It would be nice to know how much food is added per settler.

Ok I just tested this out and its still the same. I have v1.10 in US and settlers still give me 1 pop. At 2 pop, 10 pop, 21 pop, 30 pop, you name it. Adding a settler to a city ALWAYS gave me +1pop.

The discussion on the 2K forums is really weird.

2K Elizabeth: No gameplay changes in this patch
Player: Um they definitely nerfed settlers
2K Elizabeth: wtf ima go test this with Firaxis
2K Elizabeth: Yeah everything's normal we don't know wtf you guys are talking about
Player #2: Yeah settlers are nerfed for me too
Player #3: wtf they aren't nerfed for me

Summary: Nobody knows wtf is going on.

Someone experiencing this should post a video on Youtube or something so we (and 2K, since apparently they don't even know about this) can at least see it happening.

Ok I just tested this out and its still the same. I have v1.10 in US and settlers still give me 1 pop. At 2 pop, 10 pop, 21 pop, 30 pop, you name it. Adding a settler to a city ALWAYS gave me +1pop.

I've notice no change either.

The discussion on the 2K forums is really weird.

2K Elizabeth: No gameplay changes in this patch
Player: Um they definitely nerfed settlers
2K Elizabeth: wtf ima go test this with Firaxis
2K Elizabeth: Yeah everything's normal we don't know wtf you guys are talking about
Player #2: Yeah settlers are nerfed for me too
Player #3: wtf they aren't nerfed for me

Summary: Nobody knows wtf is going on.

Someone experiencing this should post a video on Youtube or something so we (and 2K, since apparently they don't even know about this) can at least see it happening.
I'm totally Player #3

Cool. :cool:

The OP seems to have blatantly lied. I have never heard of a developer changing a game in this significant of a way, much less doing it without officially announcing it. This would be a major patch, complete with press release posted to all the major gaming news outlets.

Also, even if something was wierd and they would release a patch without announcing what it does, it has been almost 48 hours since the OP, and most of us have not gotten a patch at all.

This topic should be locked.

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THIS. I AM NOT, NOR HAVE EVER BEEN A LIAR.

I HAVE PS3 VERSION AND AM IN UK. I PATCHED TO 1.10 2 DAYS AGO.

SETTLERS NOW DEFINITELY ADD FOOD, NOT POP TO A CITY. I HAVE A SAVE GAME, POP 25 IN MY CAPITAL. IT TOOK 3 SETTLERS TO GET TO 26. EACH SETTLER MAKES THE APPLE COUNT RISE, NOT THE POP. PLEASE TRUST ME ON THIS.

ps I wrote that in CAPS as it is very important!

tonycz, since there's conflicting reports of this, the best way to verify this is if you send a video/screenshots of this taking place.

tonycz, since there's conflicting reports of this, the best way to verify this is if you send a video/screenshots of this taking place.

tonycz - People do not think you are lying. Since some people (yourself and about 3 others at the 2K forum) have seen the same thing, a video or screenshot would go a long way in helping the developers actually SEE it happening. (They have tested it, and cannot replicate the error. But OMG how many times have I had an IT person at work tell me that, only for them to come over to my computer and say "Hmmm...you are right. It is making that error you described perfectly to me that I could not replicate"?)

So at this point, until they see a screen shot this isn't going to get resolved.

And wow, are people angry on the 2Kforum. Wow.

Top Bottom