Strange Hive Unit

bluebear

Chieftain
I've decided to go back to playing SMAC original (no expansion) and I think I'm playing it without a mod. I'm playing as the Believers.

I decided to basically play the game until the mandatory retirement limit. When I was approaching the time limit, I noticed a Hive unit that I think I've seen once before. But I don't understand it. It's a fungicidal missile skimship.

I don't know how to recreate this unit. It's basically a missile skimship, but for some reason it has fungicidal special ability. What has happened?

Attachments

• hive1.png
    hive1.png
    236 KB · Views: 260
  • hive2.png
    hive2.png
    418 KB · Views: 287
I've decided to go back to playing SMAC original (no expansion) and I think I'm playing it without a mod. I'm playing as the Believers.

I decided to basically play the game until the mandatory retirement limit. When I was approaching the time limit, I noticed a Hive unit that I think I've seen once before. But I don't understand it. It's a fungicidal missile skimship.

I don't know how to recreate this unit. It's basically a missile skimship, but for some reason it has fungicidal special ability. What has happened?

What's happened is that the AI doesn't care about the "you can't do this" messages, and has created a unit type that has chassis 4, weapon 6, armour 3, reactor 2, and has the flag for "Fungicidal".

It's all a bunch of 1s and 0s in the actual game, after all. There's nothing stopping it from existing besides the game not giving players that option. :lol:

Top Bottom