BTS Leet Pitboss III: XX Threat - Sign Up

Still there but you need to turn on hamachi otherwise you'll be unable to connect.

The server is still up.
My daughter took over for Indiansmoke last night and the start WAS GOOD!!!
In fact ii would be an EXCELLENT start if someone wanted to take over for her.
He is just used to playing a certain way and he lacked the imagination to adjust his strategy.
Can anyone else connect?

As i said i could connect, but i couldn't find dandridge at hamachi so i suspected that was the problem...

Well, I just hope you (bbfrancis) dont take it to your or your famillys advantage now that you all play in the game.

Other than that im fine.

I wish I was not in this position.
Like I said I don't know what Indian was complaining about HIS START WAS GOOD. If you look at his game lots of options are off and he picked the map to use which is pretty much the opposite of this map.
Frankly I would rather play with fewer players but higher caliber players. In the few games I have been on quitters and whinners are what makes game killers more so then starting game position. I am open to restart minus Whip and Indian or we can continue.

I wish I was not in this position.
Like I said I don't know what Indian was complaining about HIS START WAS GOOD. If you look at his game lots of options are off and he picked the map to use which is pretty much the opposite of this map.
Frankly I would rather play with fewer players but higher caliber players. In the few games I have been on quitters and whinners are what makes game killers more so then starting game position. I am open to restart minus Whip and Indian or we can continue.

I tried to be polite in stating my objections to the game format. Now I must say that I have never encountered a host who had such little regard for the desires of the players. On top of that he responds to those desires with personal insults.

Keep that up bb and you won't have any "higher caliber" players to compete against.

Nice Whip I hope everyone realizes this is from a guy that got caught logging in for an AI opponent that he was at war with then turning it back over to AI... Then the next turn he mysteriously destroyed that AI CIV. Double turned me on ACCIDENT then complained when I stayed logged on turn over so he couldn't double turn me again. On top of that he claimed staying on while the game turns over is cheating. I should have know better then to let you in again. Once a loser always a loser.

why dont you all take it easy?? it is just a game remember?

I think both host and some players are a little out of line here.. Talk nice and just play.

I have never complained about starting position, and dont think anyone should.

Nice Whip I hope everyone realizes this is from a guy that got caught logging in for an AI opponent that he was at war with then turning it back over to AI... Then the next turn he mysteriously destroyed that AI CIV. Double turned me on ACCIDENT then complained when I stayed logged on turn over so he couldn't double turn me again. On top of that he claimed staying on while the game turns over is cheating. I should have know better then to let you in again. Once a loser always a loser.

To the other players:

This is what you guys are in for. It's bb's way or the highway.

Again, I tried to be polite and he responds with lies and personal attacks. Loser, indeed. BB, you could have just left things alone after my polite acceptance of your invitation that I withdraw; but I guess you need to get your digs in.

I got "caught" at nothing in that other game. I'm sure people here really don't care but since I'm being accused of cheating I am compelled to respond. In that game I was close to the AI early in the game and I went after his one city with a warrior and an archer; the AI had only one warrior for defense. I didn't see the need to do any manipulation for the kill.

The double move incident was a minor thing that happens often in these games. Neither of these incidents had any significant impact on the game.

Bottom line is READ THE POST WHICH SAYS HOW THE GAME IS TO BE PLAYED.
If you don't like it DON'T PLAY!
Instead we have people who agree on how it is going to be played then complain and then quit. You knew the rules and you knew the setup. I have mislead no one on how the game is to be played. I have done nothing wrong here. However the people who agree not to quit and then quit are letting everyone down. If you look at the fact here Whip it is how you want the game to be played or you quit. Even though you agreed to the way it was being played. You are now letting everyone down by quiting.

Bottom line is READ THE POST WHICH SAYS HOW THE GAME IS TO BE PLAYED.
If you don't like it DON'T PLAY!
Instead we have people who agree on how it is going to be played then complain and then quit. You knew the rules and you knew the setup. I have mislead no one on how the game is to be played. I have done nothing wrong here. However the people who agree not to quit and then quit are letting everyone down. If you look at the fact here Whip it is how you want the game to be played or you quit. Even though you agreed to the way it was being played. You are now letting everyone down by quiting.

You invited me to quit, you said you had a replacement; I accepted.

I have nothing more to say here.

As a host of CIV games you can count on me to swiftly and harshly deal with whiners and quitters. Nothing sucks more then to play 3 months then someone just up and quits which changes the dynamics of game. If someone quits and goes AI that has a huge impact on everyone else. It gives a huge advantage to close by CIVs. Once play has started I wont go back and change things it is unfair to others. AFTER a game is finished you can also count on me to then take a look at how settings worked out, to do other wise would be to court unfair bias where players might be merely wrangling to get settings to how they prefer them. Which is why I like random then you don't get the guy who has been playing on a certain map and has a whole strategy based around it. It forces people to think on their feet. Where as some people prefer the 'PACMAN' follow the formula to conquer the maze approach I prefer the create a new situation every time to make thing interesting. I admit some people would rather work out a formula to conquer a maze and those people shouldn't play in my games. If you can only have fun by winning and can't have fun and be challenged by the process of learning new strategies don't play in my games. You can also count on me as a host to regularly start new games. As soon as I can flip the money for a new civ CD I can host even more games. The only reason I am not is cause my old CD is damaged.

Ok.... I briefly looked at my girls friends start too and it is GOOD!!! In fact all the starts I have seen look about the SAME!!! I am baffled as too what these people are complaining about???

I hope that is the last time you look at another civ... As I said, those tight family bonds dont fit in a pitboss game.

Unfortunately my daughter is 10 and she will likely need help.
Unfortunately because of outside forces we are in a situation where no solutions seem great. Like I said before I can turn over to AI or we can restart as alternates.

I hate AI. I think a restart would be better.
How does everyone else feel.

I could go either way. I don't think AI is a big problem at this point as long as you can find 2 replacements. On the other hand a restart is probably fairer since you now have looked at 2 other civs.

I think AI will be OK for the first few turns. It is not ideal, but better than one person playing two or even three powers. I am sure you will be neutral bbfrancis, but it simply is an advantage to know where other players are in relation to you and whether they are isolated from their team member or not and whether they have close neighbours.

I am also happy with a restart because I do have - two - bad starts :) But I am also happy to go on. It should not take too long to get replacements (and a couple of AI turns should not matter) and if that fails then decide whether a restart is needed.

Top Bottom