SGOTM 12 - One Short Straw

The other half:

Rheims
(1) 89 base
(2) 96 base with citizens (including one currently )
(3) 105 base with 2 shops and 3 mines
(4) 112 base with shops + citizens
(5) 26 worker turns

Orleans
(1) 70 base
(2) 76 base with citizens (including two from growth)
(3) 101 base with 7 shops a mine and a railroad
(4) 107 base with shops + citizens
(5) 41 worker turns

Bcool
(1) 78 base
(2) 82 base with citizens
(3) 105 base with 4 shops, a mine, and a railroad
(4) 112 base with shops + citizens
(5) 27 worker turns (including 1 for moving onto hill)

Haiti
(1) 58 base
(2) 64 base with citizens
(3) --
(4) --
(5) --

Bermuda
(1) 83 base
(2) 87 base with citizens (including 2 )
(3) 93 base with shops
(4) 97 base with shops + citizens
(5) 10 worker turns

Bahamas
(1) 75 base
(2) 80 base with citizens
(3) 80 base with shop on corn
(4) 85 base with citizens + shops
(5) 5 turns

Paris
(1) 56 base
(2) 61 base with citizens
(3) 82 base with 3 railroads, 4 shops
(4) 87 base with shops + citizens
(5) 31 worker turns
Kamchatka
(1) 51 base
(2) 59 base with citizens (including 1 )
(3) –
(4) 59 base with shops (0) + citizens
(5) –

thanks shuyhe :)

I was working on a spreadsheet to model research and builds. I'm going out with friends for about 5 hours but if you think the spreadsheet might help please use it.

The first part I was modeling research rate and the rate that we might get the techs. I assume we would be able to maintain 5200 research throughout.

Then in the columns following I was going to attempt to match builds with research and the base hammers that we have. I think we can build thrusters in some low base hammer cities and save the casings for some higher hammer cities. So we can build the casings in 3 turns with planned max OF in cities with 90+ base hammers.

Basically spread the builds out to 15 or so cities rather than in your plan build both the thrusters and casings in the same cities.

Attachments

• space ship building.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 77
No time to look through the numbers now, but I agree - we have plenty of cities with production capacity. With RIs and FR, we should be able to do Genetics in 2t even with 0% slider. I think we should rush to Composites building wealth/research and then do all parts at once. Slightly lower production cities will start on Thrusters and other small stuff 1t before Comp. And, obviously take care of the 4 big parts first.

thanks shuyhe :)

I was working on a spreadsheet to model research and builds. I'm going out with friends for about 5 hours but if you think the spreadsheet might help please use it.

The first part I was modeling research rate and the rate that we might get the techs. I assume we would be able to maintain 5200 research throughout.

Then in the columns following I was going to attempt to match builds with research and the base hammers that we have. I think we can build thrusters in some low base hammer cities and save the casings for some higher hammer cities. So we can build the casings in 3 turns with planned max OF in cities with 90+ base hammers.

Basically spread the builds out to 15 or so cities rather than in your plan build both the thrusters and casings in the same cities.

This is all excellent work that you and shyuhe are doing. I won't be able to study it until Monday though...

@shyuhe, do you have enough info to play until Apollo - 2 turns? Also, I guess we need to agree if we plan to build RIs in more cities...

I think I do - I will probably queue up an additional worker or two to make sure we can terraform out 5 maximum cities (Rheims, Orleans, Canterbury, Hastings, and Bcool). Is there any other input before I proceed to rocketry?

Not sure if shyuhe is playing or not, but I hope we went with the 2 turn rocketry plan and more RSI.

I think fission after rocketry is fine based on the rough outline I was working on with the spreadsheet.

And I was hoping to plan out the builds to see exactly where we need the workers and by what turn. A lot of builds probably won't need a fully hammer maxed city especially if we spread the builds out to more cities.

shuyhe have you started playing? if so I will work on the spreadsheet based on the current situation. If you haven't I can work more on the spreadsheet using your numbers that you worked out for me. And hopefully determine if it is okay to do rocketry in 2 turns or not.

I can even roughly estimate the number of cities with wealth builds etc. To make sure our research estimates are reasonable.

Well what is your plan?

If your plan is to do whatever builds you can while maintaining 5200 research you can start now.

But if your plan is to do artillery and rocketry in 1 turn I'd like 30 minutes to make the spreadsheet better so as to convince you that it is better not to do so.

Ok great, I assume you understood I mostly meant Research Institute builds especially in the cities with higher research and base hammers.

Okay it takes a long time to plan the spaceship builds, but Shuyhe if you are checking the forum and haven't finished the turns, please check the spreadsheet

If the plan makes sense hopefully you will be able to build RSI in (or as many of these as possible)

Siberia Moscow Hammer Rheims Canterbury Bermuda Bahamas Hastings Bcool Island Nottingham Guangzhou Orleans
Beijing and Fish

There is some flexibility for RSI, but I used those cities for my spaceship launch plan

Attachments

• space ship building editted.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 68
oops sorry here is the excel version :blush:

It was an OpenOffice file before.

Attachments

• space ship building excel ver.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 64
Ok, I played through rocketry and stopped there. I realized that we'll have 3 turns waiting for Apollo and we may need to queue workers as necessary in various cities to make bcool's SS plan so I thought it wiser to stop here.

Our GP generation is going ok -- the big test is next turn from Bermuda for decent odds on a GSpy/GE. GP farm will starve on the next two turns but crank out a artist (I hope) on T+2.

We can push 7000 bpt with 700 gold, so that gives you an idea of how many hammers we have to play with (a fair number). I also found another aluminum source in the ice fields so I've queued a settler to go grab it - it should help on the SS builds in some cities I think.

Two notes - York didn't get an RSI as it would take 3 turns and I needed the cash at the time. Also, I've gifted/sold electricity/biology to Roosevelt. We can sell fission once we finish it after satellites and then ecology. Hopefully he'll clean up at least a few tiles...

And now I hand over the save :)

Top Bottom