Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Thank you, TB.

I have been unwell (again), but I have been working on the changes to the animal tamers and I think I am liking the new way better. It is fewer buildings but many more tamed animals. Next is the animal cages and enclosures. Plus of course the rest of the animals.

The Dream Visualizer and the Dreamtime Machine both replace the Dream Simulation Center (and other buildings). The Dream Simulation building produces way more :hammers: , :gold: and so on, which means that constructing those buildings means a heavy malus in nearly everything.

In detail:

The Dream Simulation Center has +10%:hammers:, +10%:gold:, +10%:science:, +10%:culture:, +10%:espionage:, +5:c5unhappy: and +15:yuck:;

The Dream Propaganda has +5%:gold:, +5%:espionage:, -5% crime and +3:c5unhappy: .

The Dream Artist has +10:gold:, +10:culture:, +5:c5happy:

All 3 are replaced by the Dream Visualizer which has -30:gold:, +2:science:, 10:culture:, 10:espionage: and 4:c5happy:

This in itself is being replaced by the Dreamtime Machine which has -50:gold:, +4:science:, 20:culture:, 20:espionage: and 5:c5happy:

My suggestion: Remove the replacement of the Dream Simulation Center and the Dream Propaganda by the Dream Visualizer. Or completely overwork the stats of these buildings :) but I think the 1st solution would be sufficient...

And as a reminder:
Please check the Capuchin Crypt Wonder as it can never be built. It needs Bones but they aren´t available anymore at that time. Either prolong the availability of Bones or remove the requirement.

Missing nif.

Code:
RESMGR: Scene file Art/Units/Asian_Sparth/great_hunter/horsearcher_fx.nif failed to load. Reason: (code:1) Cannot open file.

Getting a WfoC hang on SVN 8265.

View attachment 388700

I just took a look at what's taking place here and its still related to Master Hunters... I have it on good authority that Alberts2 is currently working out an alternative mechanism to this whole thing (in a way that will be seriously helpful for many other AI goals as well.)

So in otherwords, I'd address this if I can figure it out except that he's already got this and I don't want to confuse his coding with any updates to that arena at the moment. You'd be best to simply take your version back to the one Joseph had found worked for now. There's still a number of major issues with that version too so if you're patient enough to wait for Alberts2's next commit that would be even better. I figure he's got another week on that project at least though.

The Subdued Crow can´t travel over mountains - even if a road is build on top of it. I received the unit from the Biodome which is working great now, btw.

It looks like somehow there is an error in the code which doesn´t allow to use peaks with Mountaneering for the Subdued Crow.

The Subdued Crow can´t travel over mountains - even if a road is build on top of it. I received the unit from the Biodome which is working great now, btw.

It looks like somehow there is an error in the code which doesn´t allow to use peaks with Mountaneering for the Subdued Crow.

Don't you mean Tamed Cow? You should only get Tamed units from the Biodome.

edit biodome does produce subdued animals.

Hallo and thanks for a great mod! I have been playing C2C for years under the name TowerWizard in these forums. However, I cannot regain access to that account since it uses a hotmail adress and those cannot recieve account password reset information...

Anyway, I recently decided to play this mod again. And I could for a few days. Then, suddenly, the UI disapeared. No mini map, no unit controls, no buttons anywere about the screen.

I have deleted every file I could think of: the entire SVN folder, the base game, all save games, the cashe... I have reinstalled Civ IV Complete, patched to 3.19, restarted the computer, then redownloaded the SVN... Even after all that, the UI is still not showing up.

Before it went away, I was trying to download a new map, which did use custom civs, and in the instructions to install it, there was mention of moving a folder named Custom_Civilizations from the installer into the Assets/Modules folder, and then remove the cashe. I could not find the cashe at that time, even though I searched the web and my computer. I tried to run the map anyway, and thats when the UI was removed for the first time.

I have since found the cashe (not in C:/Documents and Settings, but in C:/Users (changed since the first information was posted)) but as I mentioned, no matter what I do I can't make the UI appear again. It is showing for the base game, and for other mods/scenarios that was included in the base game. Have not tried if it works with other mods, like Fall From Heaven.

Please, can anyone help me?

EDIT: Also, the units I start the game with always seems to include tamed animals?

EDIT2: Also, Alt+I don't work. I can't get the tile grid to show up, or the resource icons either. I can access the menus using the F#-keys, and I can settle my settler using a key command, but the city interface is lacking all screens. The world builder seems to work as it should. If any of this helps, I don't know.

NEVER MIND

I made it work again! The problems were none of the above. It was simply that I had not named the folder "Caveman2Cosmos" but in some other way. It seems some files cannot be used or something, unless the folder has that exact name...

@TB It has taken me awhile to be sure but it does not look like the new upgrade for features with improvements are working. Could you check my XML to make sure I have done it right.

The beacon improvement is supposed to replace the coral feature with a feature called coral with beacon but it isn't.

edit Is there a limit to the number of free buildings? With the new stories some of them are not giving the free versions of the story building and it seems to depend on the order they are done in. My mistake:blush:

edit2 @TB Is there any way to replace the "power up" button and menu with just the buttons? Two mouse clicks for each unit when you upgrade 64 is a pain. ;)

@Hydro I have finally figured out a way to allow the ancients to use gold and platinum before the techs needed. Both can be found in their pure form and don't need the smelters etc to be used in jewelery etc. It is a smallish change but is it worth it?

The bonus for Gold and Platinum both become visible and able to trade at the same time as copper. Both have a vicinity building that produces a "X Hammered" which is used in jewelers etc. Each goes obsolete when the ore can be smelted, Metal Working for Gold and Chemistry for Platinum which is when the smelters should become available to produce ingots.

Game freezes when you end turn (I've been waiting more that 15 minutes and nothing - previous turns were fine)
http://szredziu.ayz.pl/AutoSave_AD-1641.CivBeyondSwordSave

I have latest SVN version. I selected in bug window to turn on logging - it is not working.
Its a pitty this mod is usless now - previously I spend many hours paying different game (on gigantic map) and somewhere around same year as here it stopped working.

I debugged it and here it what I found - can anybody verify correctness of my investigation ?
In CvGame.cpp is declared a method void
Code:
CvGame::update()
and it has defined label 'again':
Code:
}
			bSetSMCached = true;
		}
	}

again:
	if (!gDLL->GetWorldBuilderMode() || isInAdvancedStart())

and goto statement in same method below:
Code:
CvPlayerAI& kActivePlayer = GET_PLAYER(getActivePlayer());
	if ( (!kActivePlayer.isTurnActive() || kActivePlayer.isAutoMoves()) && !kActivePlayer.hasBusyUnit() && !isNetworkMultiPlayer() &&
		 getBugOptionBOOL("MainInterface__MinimizeAITurnSlices", false) )
	{
		updateTimers();

goto again;
	}

PROFILE_END();
I noticed that even after 20 minutes application is still in this GOTO loop.
Maybe this is the reason why sometimes game freezes after ending turn ?

Top Bottom