Favorite Settings

Larger cities is actually a VERY misleading option. Turning it on means you can work the larger radius as soon as your city hits the right culture level. With it OFF you can STILL wok the larger radious, but have to build a metropoliton admin first to enable it (which building is enabled at the same culture level as the automatic working with the option on)

Perhaps it should be renamed or something. But what should it be called?

Perhaps it should be renamed or something. But what should it be called?

Perhaps like "easier 3rd ring for cities" with description "3rd ring available without metropolitan administration building, just culture level 7(?) needed" if you hover over it?

Perhaps like "easier 3rd ring for cities" with description "3rd ring available without metropolitan administration building, just culture level 7(?) needed" if you hover over it?

It already has been in the SVN. The option text is now 'Larger Cities without Metropoliton Administration' and the hover description for it reads 'Cities will be able to expand from a size two radius to a size three radius after acheiving the cultural distinction of "Influential" without needing a Metropoliton Administration'

It already has been in the SVN. The option text is now 'Larger Cities without Metropolitan Administration' and the hover description for it reads 'Cities will be able to expand from a size two radius to a size three radius after achieving the cultural distinction of "Influential" without needing a Metropolitan Administration'

:hmm: I was wondering about that, thx for clarifying.

In regards to settings.

Options
Perfect Mongoose 3.10
Large
Prehistoric.
Eternity.
Break Pangea.

Notable settings.
Minor Civs.
Barbarian Civ.
Barbarian World.
14 Opponents.
All victory conditions except time and mastery.

Tweaks.
I start the game in immortal, I believe AI spawns with only one settler there. That same turn I switch to Deity. It Makes the AI quite challenging but keeps me in their leagues.

Result.
If you have neighbors it makes you compete with them from the start, they will most likely have the same tech level but different techs. Sabotage and espionage will give you the upper hand though. I remember a war with the vikings where they doubled me in size but I managed to turn their capitol over to me and then razed it. Which granted me a -66 relation bonus but ended the war.

It already has been in the SVN. The option text is now 'Larger Cities without Metropolitan Administration' and the hover description for it reads 'Cities will be able to expand from a size two radius to a size three radius after achieving the cultural distinction of "Influential" without needing a Metropolitan Administration'

You might want to consider having the "Larger Cities etc." option disable construction of the Metropolitan Administration building. By the time you have the Metropolitan Administration available for a city, there's a good chance that city's going to be at or near Influential Culture. Not always, of course, if you've built few cultural buildings. But regardless, it's very easy in the rush of the game to not realize that your city has reached Influential Culture and mistakenly choose the Metropolitan Administration as your next build, thus expending hammers on an unnecessary building.

Either that, or disable the Metropolitan Administration in a city with Influential Culture if this option's on. You'll still end up with an ultimately redundant building, since once the city reaches Influential Culture you'll get the third ring anyway, but the Metropolitan Administration will let you get to the third ring a little sooner.

You might want to consider having the "Larger Cities etc." option disable construction of the Metropolitan Administration building. By the time you have the Metropolitan Administration available for a city, there's a good chance that city's going to be at or near Influential Culture. Not always, of course, if you've built few cultural buildings. But regardless, it's very easy in the rush of the game to not realize that your city has reached Influential Culture and mistakenly choose the Metropolitan Administration as your next build, thus expending hammers on an unnecessary building.

Either that, or disable the Metropolitan Administration in a city with Influential Culture if this option's on. You'll still end up with an ultimately redundant building, since once the city reaches Influential Culture you'll get the third ring anyway, but the Metropolitan Administration will let you get to the third ring a little sooner.

I don't think it's possible to disbale buildings based on game opions, and regardless, allowing expansion to the 3rd ring is not the ONLY thing that building does.

I don't think it's possible to disbale buildings based on game opions, and regardless, allowing expansion to the 3rd ring is not the ONLY thing that building does.

Fair enough -- I'd forgotten about the other effects: hammers, etc. Okay, then, thanks for the quick reply.

FYI, it is possible to turn off buildings, units, technologies and just about anything else from game options. I play without the advanced economy, guilds or modern corporations options selected and all the things associated with those options do not appear in game. They still appear in the pedia but not in game.

FYI, it is possible to turn off buildings, units, technologies and just about anything else from game options. I play without the advanced economy, guilds or modern corporations options selected and all the things associated with those options do not appear in game. They still appear in the pedia but not in game.

Same here, i just dont like them, but to me Guilds is a toss-up:crazyeye:

Fair enough -- I'd forgotten about the other effects: hammers, etc. Okay, then, thanks for the quick reply.

Actually, if I am not mistaken, you have to have Influential culture before you can build the Metro Admin building.

Yet another reason why the "Advanced Guilds" at least should be removed and replaced with a better system that doesn't use corporations. I think next version I should focus on doing that.

Speaking of the advanced guilds, I have played about a dozen games so far and these new guilds never seem to found themselves. I checked that they should exist and I checked that they should found and spread automatically, but I've never seen a guild in a game yet. Is there something I'm supposed to do, aside from research the proper techs, and have corp friendly civics?

Speaking of the advanced guilds, I have played about a dozen games so far and these new guilds never seem to found themselves. I checked that they should exist and I checked that they should found and spread automatically, but I've never seen a guild in a game yet. Is there something I'm supposed to do, aside from research the proper techs, and have corp friendly civics?

I have had them found, but not often. I am not sure what's going on with it. Which is another reason why I want to remove it for a more transparent an easy to understand guilds system.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing an overhaul of guilds and corporations when the C2C team has the time to look at it -I can't pinpoint anything in particular that is wrong with the way they are, just that in C2C there are so many other things to concentrate on. I used to use them (especially the guilds, the masons guild especially, because it was fantastic for production/hammers provided you had the right resources) when playing ROM/AND, but in C2C my cities are all too busy doing other things that seem more important in that era than founding and spreading a guild - a plethora of regular buildings to get built just to supply cities with the things they need to keep up, and a range of wonders to beat the AI to! The guilds now just take a back seat and don't get much of a look-in, and the same goes for corporations.

This is NOT a complaint about having too much to do in C2C though, that's one of the things I love about it - but maybe guilds/corporations now need a bit of tlc to bring them up to speed and make them a valuable asset again, something worth considering amongst all the other great stuff.

I have not used the Realistic Corporations option (although I have hovered over it a few times when starting a game!) because I am not completely sure about what it does.

I have not used the Realistic Corporations option (although I have hovered over it a few times when starting a game!) because I am not completely sure about what it does.

It means that the corporations found themselves. The may also spread themselves but you can help them.

Top Bottom