New Unit Review Notifications

Obviously, UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL would be the primary.

Under the nature category, both should have (imo):
UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL_COMBAT_VENEMOUS
UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL_COMBAT_SCRATCH
UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL_COMBAT_HIDING
UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL_COMBAT_CAMOFLAGED
(perhaps for the tarantula: UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL_COMBAT_TREECLIMBING, UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL_COMBAT_POUNCE)
(perhaps UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL_COMBAT_BURROWING for either one but I'm not sure if they ALWAYS do this or not.)

I'm not thinking fast nor fleeing really work well for them.

I'd put size as UNITCOMBAT_SIZE_DIMINUTIVE and they're actually not bad natural fighters, even if their size makes them rarely a true threat (though they'll be a lot of fun once we get the poisons going!) So perhaps UNITCOMBAT_QUALITY_EXCEPTIONAL. Also, do you envision them as operating in tandem with others or as an isolated encounter with one that ended up being a bigger issue for the unit than they normally would be ignorable in nature? GROUP_SOLO would be fine for the isolated hostile encounter envisioned. If you're imagining a fair swarm of them or an encounter with quite a few in the area then Party or Company would be cool.

Either way, UNITCOMBAT_HEALS_AS_SWARM is probably more appropriate since they're insectoids (there's some interaction with Heals as Swarm with a late-game insect building.)

Thanks. I am not sure what Hydro wants with these yet. I want to get them in to see if they are useful first off.

What kind of input did you need from me?

Things like Arachnid would be for tarantula and the Scorpions.

Jungle Scorpion
Appearance: The Black Scorpion Model
Habitat: Globally in Jungles in the tropics.
Poisonous: Yes

Desert Scorpion
Appearance: The Brown Scorpion Model
Habitat: Globally in Deserts and other Arid terrain.

Cave Scorpion
Appearance: The White Scorpion Model
Habitat: Globally in Caves only.

Jungle Tarantula
Appearance: A reskin of the Spider made to look Black. (Maybe Sparth can help)
Habitat: Globally in Jungles in the tropics.
Poisonous: Yes (Mild)

Desert Tarantula
Appearance: A reskin of the Spider made to look Brown. (Maybe Sparth can help)
Habitat: Globally in Deserts and other Arid terrain.
Poisonous: Yes (Mild)

The main art for both is in game but the units may not be. I have recently added a Tarantula but I have not gotten round to the scorpions yet. I need to make sure I don't use the same text name for the animal as the siege weapon also called a scorpion. Plus I am doing the review of all the existing animals. This latter is tedious so I need something else to do at the same time as a break.

Hydro, something like that?
http://imgur.com/hIQKYOa

Scorpions are already in mod (dunno if active). Also do you guys need buttons for them?

1. Those look great!

2. Yeah I think e need buttons for them all.

What are they for? Do they build a Taxidermist like all the other animals for example?

Yes Taxidermist. Also Bug Catcher. Not "Bark Gatherer" like you have on the Tarantula. Also the Entomology Lab for Scorpions and Tarantulas.

Yes Taxidermist. Also Bug Catcher. Not "Bark Gatherer" like you have on the Tarantula. Also the Entomology Lab for Scorpions and Tarantulas.

I reported that in the bug thread. I allow the Tarantula to build BUILDINGCLASS_BUG_CATCHER. Which is of course the error it should have been BUILDING_BUG_CATCHER.

Top Bottom