Question about turn speeds and disabling certain parts of c2c

marharth

Chieftain
I love this mod and have been following it ever since the old RoM, but I was wondering if it would be possible for me to disable certain aspects of the mod. I personally dislike the removal of civilizations unique units in favor of the culture system, though I understand the purpose of it and im sure a lot of people like it. Is there anything I could do to disable that part of the mod? I'm not really into civ4 modding on the developer side but I know some of the basics.

Another big thing for me is that the turn times are really long, similar thing happened in RoM. I generally play on fairly large maps with less than 20 AI, but reducing AI and map size only seems to help a little. Is this for everyone and is there some way I could fix this? I know Civ4 doesn't properly use all CPU cores or something of the sort, but I am not sure if that can be changed. I remember someone mentioning a trade system within the mod can cause serious slowdown with turntimes. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I have a pretty good computer so I am not sure that would help. I am not having FPS issues or anything it just takes a really long time for AI turns to process.

We've shaved turn times down significantly so what you're experience is a small fraction of what they once were. Some multi-core processing has been put to use to do so as well. There's probably a lot that can still be done but it's an ongoing project. It's just a very big big big game.

The original UU system does not function and cannot be made to without as much effort as it took to get us to where we are. The concept has not reached full fruition yet though so you may like it better once it has.

It is possible to disable the cultures but it is tedious to do. All you need to do is change the cost of the cultural building to unbuildable. You will need NotePad++ or an equivalent text editor.

If you are using the download version of C2C the file you need to edit is in Assets/Modules/Hydro/Embassy and is called Embassy_CIV4BuildingInfos.XML

If you are using the SVN (beta) version then the file is in Assets/Modules/Hydro and is called Hydro_CIV4BuildingInfos.XML.

If you have the download version change every building in the file. If you are using the SVN you will need to hunt for _EMBASSY in the name of the building and only change those.

Change the value between <iCost> and </iCost> from what ever it is to -1.

The cultural stuff will still show up in the pedia and tech pop ups but no one will be able to build them. No nation will get any UUs.

I have a pretty good computer so I am not sure that would help. I am not having FPS issues or anything it just takes a really long time for AI turns to process.

It would help if you actually stated what your turn times are. :)

Top Bottom