Inflation? Blame the tooth fairy.

skadistic

Caomhanach
Its trickle up economics I tells ya! Start out with an average of $2 a baby tooth and thats just going to flood the coffers with extra money. This leaves people like me who have no teeth left in the poor house!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/22/health/webmd/main3865879.shtml

That's according to a new tooth fairy poll from Securian Dental, which runs dental plans.

The poll, which included 647 parents, shows that the tooth fairy pays $2.09 per baby tooth, on average, up from $1.71 last year.

Most parents said they pay $1 per tooth. The second most common payment was $5 per tooth.

Then there were the outliers. One parent says the payout is a nickel per tooth. And at the other end of the spectrum, another parent splurges with $50 per tooth. And since kids have 20 baby teeth, which get replaced by 32 grown-up teeth, that adds up to a pretty penny.

What's up with tooth fairy inflation? Chalk it up to a boom in the $5-per-tooth crowd, notes Marty Weiland, operations analyst for DeCare Dental, which administers Securian Dental plans.

Seriously I remember getting a nickel a tooth and my little brother got a quarter.

Its trickle up economics I tells ya! Start out with an average of $2 a baby tooth and thats just going to flood the coffers with extra money. This leaves people like me who have no teeth left in the poor house!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/22/health/webmd/main3865879.shtml

Seriously I remember getting a nickel a tooth and my little brother got a quarter.

Shoulda saved up those teeth or traded them to kids with richer tooth fairies and split the difference :lol:

Shoulda saved up those teeth or traded them to kids with richer tooth fairies and split the difference :lol:

When your 9 its all about that instant gratification.

I think baby teeth should be put on the commodities listing.

I got two silver half dollars for my first tooth, one silver half dollar for my next to nd, from then on I got paper money ranging from $1-5, usually I think it was $2, but I know I got $5 once, and I got $1 a few times...

Jesus, who are these rich bastards giving $50 a tooth?

I could barely afford a single Hot Wheels car with what I got.

We never got money for our teeth in Poland, but for some reason I saved all of mine and kept them in a little box.

So when we ended up in Canada and I found out that kids get money for their teeth, I tried to exchange all of mine (10-15 or so) for some marijuana money.

My parents weren't into Canadian traditions at the time, though :( And then I threw my teeth away.

I got 20 dollars once for 2 teeth that i had to have drilled and scraped out. I should have spent it on some more of that nitrous oxide I was so high on it I had to be carried out :lol:

It's not enough to say that the tooth fairy market is experiencing growth; what we have to know is what the median tooth payment is.

Cleo

I'm Indian, thus my parents (now throughly Americanized first-gen immigrants) didn't do the whole Fairy thing, though I sure did. I got 5 crushed teeth under a pillow, then stopped.

Got Jack all.
$2 dollars a tooth ? somepeople are certainly well off

I had four adult teeth extracted (one each level each side) to avoid overcrowding. I remember some dam cynical haggling on my side, but my parents were lawers and could hold their own.

IIRC my mum held out until I pointed out that the dentist had needed to put his knee across my forehead to get the necessary purchase to get the bugger out of my head. Still only got £1, no chance of notes.

Ah Let be serious and blame the fed. ;) From its inception pumping out paper to sell unbacked to a Gov purly capable of printing its own stacks, weve all had a few teeth wacked during the late stages of this ireversable process

Im sure some gold doothes even a few plantoium dooths!, havth comth from our nouthes to keep um bastrahs at bay :cringe: :trouble:

I bet more believe in toothfairy conspiracy then the fed sabatoging our doller :D

We never got money for our teeth in Poland, but for some reason I saved all of mine and kept them in a little box.

So when we ended up in Canada and I found out that kids get money for their teeth, I tried to exchange all of mine (10-15 or so) for some marijuana money.

My parents weren't into Canadian traditions at the time, though :( And then I threw my teeth away.

Teeth for marijuana money...:lol:

I had a nice chuckle at that one. Must be good living in Canada!:smoke:

Nah, I blame George W. Bush.

Top Bottom