version for the Wii?

CivRulez07

Warlord
i have a nintendo wii, in addition to my PC, and i know civrev is supposed to be a really great game. i was wondering if there has been any known talk on a version for the Wii - i would love to see a version made for it!!!

I don't really think about much for the wii. I mean, all you would really do is move the remote and press A and B alot. The wii is trying to do... Racing, Sports, and Cooking games. Not just moving the remote and pressing buttons. Sorry. I didn't find a wii version of it yet. They might make it though...

When the game was first announced, a Wii version was announced with it. However, some time later they decided to cancel it to focus funds on the other three platforms (DS, PS3, and 360).

Just to keep the record straight, the Wii version was not "canceled", It was "put on indefinite hold". The difference is that they left the door open just a crack, so that if they got the time, money, manpower, and incentive, they could still do the Wii version.

In actual practice, at this late date, consider it effectively canceled. ;)

I don't really think about much for the wii. I mean, all you would really do is move the remote and press A and B alot...

I don't get it. How is that different from just move the directional pad and press square and circle buttons a lot, or move the mouse and right and left click a lot?

Just to keep the record straight, the Wii version was not "canceled", It was "put on indefinite hold". The difference is that they left the door open just a crack, so that if they got the time, money, manpower, and incentive, they could still do the Wii version.

In actual practice, at this late date, consider it effectively canceled. ;)
dang it...well, thanks for replying! it's nice to know that, and i hope that, perhaps, a Wii version will come out sometime. i still think there should be one, but whatever they do, they do

I really hope that they release a Wii version though. Haven't played a console Civ in a long time. The last one was Civilization on the SNES!

I think it's safe to assume that they won't release a console version for Wii now. Take 2 is pretty much done working on Civ Revolution.

Which is daft considering the Wii is the biggest console.. oh well.

thankfully the tide is turning with developing time producing more an more for the wii.

I think so too. The regular game controller of PS3 and Xbox360 are more suitable for CivRev.

I think it would be really bad on the wii.
There's nothing you personally can control and move as its all select then go.
Especially as its turn-based.
what do u mean by "nothing u personally can control"?
I think so too. The regular game controller of PS3 and Xbox360 are more suitable for CivRev.
it's not really that different...just different button layout

In many Wii games you turn the controller around and use it as a regular game controller, at least part of the time. It is not all point and click.

And the DS has gamse with no use of the touch screen. Just because a game can use a feature doesn't mean it has to and shouldn't be on the system if it doesn't.

I use a mix, with a slightly greater amount of button use, but when I first played I used almost entirely touchscreen.

Top Bottom