Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Leo: could you take a look to this savegame...
I've accomplished the 1st uhv goal (the different buildings), all the request have a green "v", but when it's time, it apperas the fail message... How it is possible? Have I missed something?

Not to mention that I already have another project in the pipeline that I would like to be able to devote all of my attention to at some point ;)

A mysterious Project.:goodjob:
Will you do it like PI did with EUIV, and give us a hint every week?:D

Oooooh, so mysterious ! You mean a CIV project right ? Can you tell us anything about it ?
A mysterious Project.:goodjob:
Will you do it like PI did with EUIV, and give us a hint every week?:D
No, I have decided to keep quiet about it until I have something to show. All I can say is that I've been working on it for over a year with significant pauses, and that it uses RFC mechanics. I won't confirm anything else; the goal is to release a completely playable but not completely balanced mod like edead did with SoI.

@Leo: could you take a look to this savegame...
I've accomplished the 1st uhv goal (the different buildings), all the request have a green "v", but when it's time, it apperas the fail message... How it is possible? Have I missed something?
I've looked at it, and I can't see why the code should fail. It would be more helpful to get a look at a pre 100 AD save so I can see how I get the goal to check.

No, I have decided to keep quiet about it until I have something to show. All I can say is that I've been working on it for over a year with significant pauses, and that it uses RFC mechanics. I won't confirm anything else; the goal is to release a completely playable but not completely balanced mod like edead did with SoI.

Hmm, time to make a new "wild speculation about leoreth´s post" thread? :D

I just hope it's not CIV-based. I agree with the majority of Civ veterans that CIV is an epic fail. Civ IV FTW!

Also, speculations:

- RFC: WWII Global Warfare

- RFC: WWII Europe

- RFC: Ancient Middle East

- RFC: 18th~19th century Europe

- RFC: Middle Earth

I just hope it's not CIV-based. I agree with the majority of Civ veterans that CIV is an epic fail. Civ IV FTW!
Very true. As it happens I recently made a post about why I would never create a Civ5 mod:
Your comparison with chess shows the problem with Civ5. Chess is a tactics game. Civilization is a strategy games series, of which Civ4 is a fantastic incarnation. Civ5 is what happens if someone who likes Panzer General too much tries to shoehorn its inherently tactics-oriented premise into a strategy game.

Civ5 has a lot of design problems, some of which have been addressed by G&K, others haven't (like the atrocious AI). But that's not the problem. The problem is that Civ5's premise is inherently flawed and there's no amount of addons that could fix this.

Frankly, I think if there's anything in Civ5 that's better than in Civ4, it's more worthwhile to implement it in Civ4 than to switch to Civ5. I for one am fairly certain that thanks to the C&C community Civ4 will outlive Civ5.
Not to mention the not entirely irrelevant fact that Civ5's DLL sourcecode still hasn't been released - and even if it was, rewriting RFC for another game without something to base it on would far exceed the amount of work I would be able to invest.

Also, speculations:

:mischief:

Also, speculations:

I'm going to guess and hope for RFC: Ancient Middle East... based on SoI's map, perhaps, but an era far more to my liking. :D

Yes... get the Harappa in a different way.

Or the Hittites will finally conquer Egypt. Foolish barbarians, Suppiluliuma shall tear down your pharoah and place the One Sun upon the throne! (nerdy hittite refrences).

I'm guessing it's some sort of fantasy Mod Leoreth's working on, judging by the amount of historical mods out there already and that he's am Avatar fan.

Leo... Stop posting in OT and finish and polish the latest version of DoC... : /

I'm sorry, I'm currently stuck at the university all day, and I'm not really motivated to mod in my free time.

The current download site demands that you sign up for a subscription before it'll allow a download. Could you change the download hosting site?

^You don't need a subscription just to download, just one to make it not take 100 minutes.

As I have suggested before, every release put it out on a less dependable but faster website, but have the current one slower and more dependable. The non-SVN should not take much longer, if any longer, than the SVN, if only after a non-SVN release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom