SGOTM2 Germany - Team Bugsy

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
SGOTM2 Game Thread

Welcome to your game thread for SGOTM2-Germany

Here is the start position.

Each team has their own save file. Please download and play from the correct save. If you use the wrong save the server will not accept your submission. Also, please make sure that the software version is correct. PM me immediately if it is not.

You can download your save file >>HERE<<.

The Roster
Denyd
grahamiam
Leibnitz
RowAndLive
Sir Bugsy

i opened the save this morning but did not move any units. my monitor is very clear and i can usually see some stff under the immediate fog. to my eyes, to the se,e, there appears to be a game or fur. 2t nw, on the plain, there appears to be something but i can't tell what. imho, scout with the worker. it appears the starting spot is nice but we may want to move se to veify the game if there's nothing to the nw. if a food bonus is nw, then settle on the spot. :)

Hi team,

I also check in.

I have opened the save (without moving any units) and I agree to grahamiam. To the E-SE is definately game. Two tiles NW could be wheat. We can see coast to the NW. Maybe fresh water. This would mean a 4 turn settler factory.

So a possible starting sequence could look like this: Move worker east and settle on spot. Mine - road. Build two warriors. Cultural expansion. Road to the potential wheat, irrigate, if theres fresh water. Granary prebuild, maybe after building a third warrior. Then the worker could chop the forest at the game tile.

Edit: I don't know if we should go for Pottery at max or if we should gamble and hope to get Pottery from a trade soon.

yep, leibniz, definitely a good sequence. use the game chop to help quicken the granery build. however, if wheats to the north and that's the coastline, we'll have to waste a couple of turns irrigating the BG to the NW, then mining back over it after the wheat is roaded/irrigated.

do we have culturally linked starts? if so, we should expect england close by and they will have pottery. I recommend that the 1st player check to verify they are even in the game. if not, then 100% pottery imho.

Do we want to play the variant? Sounds interesting.

And what strategy do we use for this? My understanding is that we are not allowed to build UN but we can capture it.

For a good score we probably want to expand to the domination limit. We have to make sure that we eliminate all civs we are at war with.

Using E-Spionage to see which Civ will complete UN and then using Panzers to capture?

Gifting techs to the AI may also be important. First for a better AI attitude and second to have a high tech pace in this game.

if i read the intro page right, there are 3 continents available. therefore, imho, best bet is to expand like mad, and warring with our neighbors with the intent to take our continent before or just after the AA. we should try to wipe them out so they can't vote against us.
also, we will need suicide galleys to find the other continents early so we can get to some useful tech trades.
once these 2 goals are accomplished, we can begin thinking about how to get the UN vote our way.
early wonders to consider: Colossus (we start with BW) and GLight. Glib probably be useless. Pyramids always nice but not necessary. ditto oracle.

germany starting techs: warrior code and bronze working

Checking in and I got it - I probably won't be able to play until tomorrow (Sunday) night - I'll play 20 (normal for a start)

I'll read over the thread before starting.

I think the variant would be fun. I vote go for it.

If we can get a nearby coastal city, the Colossus would be good to have.

I'd move the worker east. If there is nothing , then settle in place.

Checking in. Just let me know who I'm following, or if I'm starting - doesn't matter.

Just for grims, let's go with the roster as posted by mad-bax. I think it will be a nice change.

Works for me. I'm OK with the variant, or a variant variant......

So far the vote is going:

Denyd:
G-man:
Leibniz: For variant
R & L: For variant
Bugs: For variant

Turn Log 1

Turn 0 – 4000 BC - Reset to personal preferences – Opponents are Russia, France, England, Japan, India & China, so all first level techs are in play – Ann (worker) NW to BG finds wheat, we are on a river and we get 2 BG’s to start and will get the wheat on first expansion, so I found Berlin on opening spot, I start a warrior. Research begins on Iron Working at a 40 turn pace (gamble on getting pottery in trade)

Turn 1 – 3950 BC – Ann starts mine

Turn 2 – 3900 BC – ZZZZ

Turn 3 – 3850 BC – ZZZZ

Turn 4 – 3800 BC – ZZZZ

Turn 5 – 3800 BC – Berlin builds warrior starts another

Turn 6 – 3750 BC – Thor (warrior) S

Turn 7 – 3700 BC – Thor S spots a pair of spices – Ann completes mine

Turn 8 – 3650 BC – Ann starts road – Thor S

Turn 9 – 3600 BC – Thor S – Berlin builds warrior starts barracks

Turn 10 – 3550 BC – Thor S – Odin (warrior) E – Berlin culture expansion, grows to size 2 – Ann completes road

Turn 11 – 3500 BC – Odin E – Ann moves to wheat – Thor S

Turn 12 – 3450 BC – Thor S spots brown border – Odin SE – Ann starts irrigation of wheat

Turn 13 – 3400 BC – Russia (brown), is cautious, Moscow only, 10g, up Pottery & Ceremonial Burial and down Warrior Code – no deals seem fair (Pottery for WC + 45g + 1gpt or WC for 10g) – Thor W spots ivory in Russian lands – Odin E

Turn 14 – 3350 BC – Thor W – Odin E spots incense (lots of local luxuries so far) – so as not to waste any shields – trade Warrior Code + 1gpt + 42g to Russia for Pottery – Catherine now polite – switch Berlin to granary

Turn 15 – 3300 BC – Odin SE – Thor SW – Ann finishes irrigation

Turn 16 – 3250 BC – Thor W finds another Ivory – MM Berlin to speed growth – Ann starts road – Odin E

Turn 17 – 3200 BC – Odin NE spots what might be eastern shore – Thor SW

Turn 18 – 3150 BC – Thor SW meets Russian Warrior – Odin N – Ann finished road

Turn 19 – 3100 BC – Thor W – Ann moves to BG E of Berlin – Odin NE to confirm eastern shore – Berlin population grows to 3

Turn 20 – 3050 BC – Thor W spots furs (that’s 4 local luxuries) – Slider to 8-1-1 to prevent rioting – Ann starts road – Odin SE – Orange border shows up next to Thor

Turn 21 – 3000 BC – Thor NW spots York – England (orange) – Elizabeth is polite, has London & York, is up Masonry, Alphabet & Ceremonial Burial, has 1g – Catherine has connected an Ivory, still with 1 city, 59g

Not much to talk about as a recap – the granary will be done in 2 turns, there are a pair of warriors out scouting the world – Russia is to the south and England to the west of a pretty good sized island – still 22 turns to go for Iron Working – Berlin is size 3 and will grow again in 6 – I checked out the situation with England and she’s not interested in any trades at the moment – I think she’s pretty much painted a big target on her chest at this point (ahead in tech & cities) – I played to 3000 BC as that seemed to be the normal stopping point last game for the opening player.

Denyd: you need to upload your save to the GOTM server. To do this just hit the link to "upload to server" in my sig. You can get the scores and graphs there too.

It is not really necessary to provide a link to the save in the game thread anymore. All you have to do is download your save from the "downloads and scores" link in my sig. :)

Anyway... you or one of your team needs to upload the save so that the score is registered. I'm on my way to work and done' have time.

nice opening! 2T from a granery, how nice :) ok, any settler locations prefered? to the south and east are lux. the west and north are unknown.

Looks good Denyd :)

Seems that we have a solid mass of jungle to the S and SE and a lot of work to do. So we should buy a worker from the AI whenever one is available.

Probably we want our next two cities building units. Then I think somewhere near the lake could be a good place, since we don't want wasting too many worker turns with clearing jungle at the beginning.

Another good place seems to be in the E near the river.

Do we want to use RCP?

Top Bottom