Things to improve

i've only played the 1939 europe map as italy. i think i had way too many units to start, because i was totally able to overrun france without building anything else. the french cities all had only 1 or 2 defenders. the british also was weak in africa. i think some rebalancing of that map is needed. italy should not be this strong in 1939.

i didn't need to build anything. as italy i started with more than enough to take over france even without artillery. try it yourself - you have a ton of infantry and tanks to start.

yeah italy would be more balanced - for me playing with france was real frustrating - i couldn't help Poland attacking Germany on West because i needed to move reinforcment to keep the marseille (i even moved some units from north africa) - after loosing Marseille and Lyon i know that italy needs to be more balanced

the same goes for soviet union - playing with this country is also real frustrating - economy sux much

Guys, this is the greatest thing since CIV IV itself. But...

Hitler needs to do the Nazi salute (Augustus Ceaser)
Hitler needs to have Fascism fav civic
France, Poland and UK need to be in a locked war with Germany and Italy
France, Poland and UK same team
Germany and Itlay same team
IN EUROPE 1939:
Lowlands country replaces neutrals in that area (hitler at war with, locked)
SE European countries replace nutrals in that area (python hitler war with)
In the beginning, Russia has a waffen SS soldier. ???
Python scripting Hitler invades Russia on that date
Russia should have a constant red color through all scenarios.
Where are the KGB officers??????????
Russia needs to have contact with USA and France at beginning
Hirohito leaderhead (can't remember who made it...)
Franco leaderhead (same as above)

PS: Love the anthem at the welcome screen!

Sorry for answering it couple days later but real life was taking to much time in past two weeks (and it seems next two weeks also would be busy :( )

Guys, this is the greatest thing since CIV IV itself. But...
Hitler needs to do the Nazi salute (Augustus Ceaser)
Hirohito leaderhead (can't remember who made it...)
Franco leaderhead (same as above)
Thank you :)
about Hitler - he won't be animated in next update.
We needed to choose - animated few 3d leaders, or more nations and leaders with static black-white photographies. We choosed something in the middle and orginal - static 3d pictures of "war room"
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5437409&postcount=468

Hitler needs to have Fascism fav civic
I'm quite sure he has settuped already this way - he changes probably he thinks that this civic is better.

France, Poland and UK need to be in a locked war with Germany and Italy
France, Poland and UK same team
Germany and Itlay same team
IN EUROPE 1939:
Lowlands country replaces neutrals in that area (hitler at war with, locked)
SE European countries replace nutrals in that area (python hitler war with)
Python scripting Hitler invades Russia on that date
Always war options is idea we consider to turn on.
About python scripts - i think it would work well with one single map mods - the things get harder when there's more map for one mod.
The second argument against scripting is that scripts (in the way you propose - force germany to strike soviet union) force you to replay history not rewrite.

In the beginning, Russia has a waffen SS soldier. ???
Just simple mistake :p

Where are the KGB officers??????????
KGB did not existed during ww2 (it appeared in 50's) - earlier was NKVD and much earlier Cheka

Russia needs to have contact with USA and France at beginning
OK we'll fix this :)

PS: Love the anthem at the welcome screen!

Yeah kodzi did great job with soundtrack :)
Hopefully he will find more time to complete more music for new update

I don't know. And to AsioAsioAsio: On the python scripts: All good Arguments. And I kind of like the Idea of a photograph. Ever seen that portrait of hilter in armor? HAHAHAHA!!!! (please don't use that) And a couple other suggestions. Personally, I think that you might want to change a couple of things civic-wise. Guerilla Warfare should be super charged, almost as good as blitzkreig. Guerilla warfare is one of the things that held the Nazi advance off for a little while. And You should have some more advantages in the area of Right wing politics or left wing. Just some gold might be a liitle small. And also, Germany should be super power charged and exploding with WAY too many units. And It should have a border with france. And The Leauge of Nations should have a very weak military structure, VERY weak, because Germany conquered those areas relativly easily. And why is poland a vassal of England?

But, like I said, still a fantastic job!

"Hitler needs to do the Nazi salute (Augustus Ceaser)"

Wouldn't that make the mod criminal in Germany and some other European countries?

An interesting implementation would be to add in the Inquisitor mod and allow special units to remove the other "religions". IE Gestapo, Commisars, and OSS Agents could all remove the other religions as a special action.

This would be historically accurate. German agents removing non-Nazis, Chiang Kai Shek and then Mao removing each others people, US locking up Japanese and German citizens, etc.

Yes indeed - the inquisition mod is planned to be add (i don't know when) and the way as you mentioned :). Politician activists and gestapo and nkvd will get new options allowing to remove ideology (religion)

@Emperor2 - with start of game Poland is independent, they becomed vassal of Great Britain. Wich has sense cause polish goverment through romania escaped to London.
Haha i saw this hitler in armour - i have this poster somwhere on hdd :).

I heared that Napoleon looks bad with ceasar animations - besides it might be to offensive. The same goes for swastikas - they're banned in some countries. The small graphical patch will remove all of this things that might b offensive, but i want to leave it in default version of mod - it's part of history not propagation of nazism in this mod.

At the beginning of the 1939 scenario Germany has a total of 3-4 planes (BF 109s). It should have some tactical and dive bombers to be used vs Poland. The tile improvements are REALLY messed up. And also, Italy took a city, therefore it is too strong. (Although it was a French city...)

Also, cities should not be razeable and settlers should not be buildable.

Yes cities shouldnt be able to be razed, but dont take out settlers. It's cool to make new cities in Africa..

although cool it does seem a bit strange to see india building cities in africa etc

Yeah, but its too fun to be taken out : D And mods idea is to rewrite history not replay.

The problem is, the AI is building settlers when it should be building military units...

sorry makke - the settlers would be removed by default in most (if not all) of the scenarios.
But thx to PeteT it would be very esay to turn it on / (or off) back (it's depending to scenario creator - perhaps he would create two versions to choose).

It would just need to open scenario map in notepad and remove (or add) one value. I'll give more details about it soon but it works like this options when you start custom games (for example no city raizing, or one city challange, etc.)

Top Bottom