PBEM Playtest of AWAW v1.2

What's the difficulty level to start the game? Also, I presume I start the game as 'open' for you guys then log in, and commense the turn? ~Gary

Only thing the difficulty will do is increase the numbers of discontent citizens in your cities from overcrowding.

Germany invades Poland. Posen captured. Rumors of heavy Polish casualties and, unexpectedly, heavy German air losses. The German Army quickly over runs ground resistance, however.

German fleet commanders upon the High Seas intercept UK combat data messages indicating that the United Kingdom has formally declared war against Germany. As such, two British transports were torpedoed and sunk in the North Sea. The German 'skipper' is reputedly confined to quarters pending investigation into this matter by the German Fleet Command.

German diplomats seek formal inquiry of their British brethren to either confirm, or deny, this report that the UK has declared an un-wanted, un-sought after war against the Reich???

Erroneous save removed

My vote goes to one minor, the axis minor. But can I, at my turn, or anyone else for that matter, remove the Spanish from the axis minor civ?

Well, everyone knows that I think a human starting off playing 'france' would be unrealistic... offering a far more exhausting drain on Germany right from the start, unlike the ludicrousness of the 'real' fight they put up.

But my thoughts on Spain: due specifically to the 'human' factor in PBEM, I think Spain should remain a M. Axis, under human control. However, 'spanish' built units shouldn't be able to leave Spain, OR attack out of Spain... unless Spain is attacked by an Allied player. Not only does this reflect a more 'realistic' version of our history, but it also, again more 'realistically' prevents an Allied invasion and subsequent troop build up in a 'pink' country that the Axis cannot then combat, while the Allied build up goes unchecked, pretty much protected by the 'pinks'... until they make the move to TAKE Spain, on their way into Western Europe.

Declaration of war confirmed!

Battle of the North Sea

German losses
1 Cruiser sunk in the North Sea
1 U-boat sunk along with 2 unused torpedoes

The UK administration asks the Americans and Russians for a conference, discussing a solid alliance between our proud nations, to counter German and Japanese aggression. Boli and Voltar, do you both use Civ2Dip? - attached are Civ2Dip offers for the US and USSR.

---
Bo, I think maybe there is a hidden UK unit in the Asian city of Hué (pink, neutral city)... something tells me there's something phony, because Civ2 is acting strange around this city, when I want to select the next unit.

Erroneous files removed

A couple questions:

1) Am I correct than that the playing order is as such?

Germany: Gary
UK: Morten
Japan: DoM
USA: Voltar
Minor Axis: Eivind
USSR: Boli

2) Can we reach a consensus on torpedo usage? I don't find the 'torpedo screen' very realistic, so I would prefer it not be used. They should have to stay with a sub at all times.

3) Am I correct that the Allied players cannot attack the Minor Allied and Neutral players?

4) Any tips for me? I have not played the scenario at all so I'm learning it as I go. (These can be sent by PM :))

I will have a look at that one Morten.

Note to the Soviet player (Boli) - remember to post the events occurances. The first nation of any game is the only one getting the messages - so plz post them. (have all the time forgotten to tell you this Gary in the other game, so feel free to do the same from now on)

A couple of quick answers... ;)

1. Yes, I think so.

2. Maybe. I personally agree.

3. No such house rule AFAIK - but hardly any great advantage unless they have already been decimated by the Axis and Japanese first, in which case 'seizings' of their oil fields from the 'Vichy' shadow administration and such will be quite reasonable, to protect them from the Axis.

4. The main difference is the oil fields, which are of critical importance, since they pay off exceptionally well fully exploited. It is needed for science as well as taxes. But you better get tips from Gary rather than me ;) - Looking forward to playing against you Duke, after witnessing the Scottish onslaught vs the Norsemen in the Hammer pbem...!

Morten Blaabjerg said:
- Looking forward to playing against you Duke, after witnessing the Scottish onslaught vs the Norsemen in the Hammer pbem...!

Ah, but it is usually easier to defend than to attack. It worked well for me thus far. ;)

Morten Blaabjerg said:
Declaration of war confirmed!
... to counter German and Japanese aggression.
The Japanese are shocked to hear of the Imperialistic nature of the United Kingdom with their declaration of war on us without an ounce of aggression on our part. The Japanese people see this for the political ploy it is and realize that it is merely an excuse for them to begin their attack on the Japanese.

The Minor Allies see the follie of the United Kingdom and agree to peaceful relations with us.

The Japanese Empire begins it's plans for the defense of the Empire.

~
Sorry, I hit a snag with the game. I sent a PM to BKA and will have to wait for his reply before posting the save.

Sorry for the delay all.

Duke pointed out a severe flaw in my scen - the Japanese Dojo temples weren't working. This has now been corrected, but it means that we have to start all over again with the scen, to make it properly work. Hope it is not too much of an annoyance - but I guess that Duke would be happier.

Just download the new scenario and rules.txt all, and plz. Gary, if you would be so kind to start again. Srry! :blush:

Sorry guys. I was hoping for an easier way around getting them working. :(

I only realized it because in the solo game I was messing with I built several of them in cities to help with unhappiness and they ended up not doing anything after they were built.

Wow, what a difference. It stops half the cities from going into disorder at the beginning of the game. :)

Opps. Something that BKA told me should not be in the game yet is in the game. I'l think we'll have to wait for this to be addressed as well.

Top Bottom