Avatar: The Last Airbender Civilizations

Hey I have a question-
when playing this mod and I encounter other nations: they all show up as Genghis-Khan.
is this intentionally? i checked your xml and all four leaders have the Art-Define-Tag as Genghis-Scene. Aren't they better represented Air by Indian, Water by Iroquis, Earth by China and maybe Fire by Genghis.
Or do I have the wrong xml?

Other than that, I really like the graphics.

Alright so I've been trying to add the Fire Bender unit to the Fire Nation for the past few days, and have had no success. Each time I load the mod, only the Fire Nation shows up as a playable civilization, and when I click it the window disappears and I'm left with the Civ V menu background. If I hit <esc> though, I can get back to the previous window.

I have tried both adding a unit class ("Bender" unit class) and making the Fire Bender replace the warrior for the Fire Nation. Neither have been successful.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. :)

You would need to post your XML files...specifically the Unit and UnitClass xmls.

Did that problem occur before or after adding the Fire Bender unit?

Hey I have a question-
when playing this mod and I encounter other nations: they all show up as Genghis-Khan.
is this intentionally? i checked your xml and all four leaders have the Art-Define-Tag as Genghis-Scene. Aren't they better represented Air by Indian, Water by Iroquis, Earth by China and maybe Fire by Genghis.
Or do I have the wrong xml?

I have the same problem as caroco: every civ is represented by Genghis Khan. They still have the custom leader pictures, flags, etc., but when I talk to them, it's Genghis Khan.
Also, some DLC civs (Spain and Babylon if I remember correctly) still show up.
Other than that, nice job so far!

Sorry guys, I didn't realize this went to a second page. :p

I added the leader head issue to the list of problems on the opening post. As I stated there, I will likely make them all static images. Unless of course someone makes a custom leader head, which would be awesome.

As for the DLC, I don't actually own the DLC except Babylon so I don't know the exact civilization XML to remove them. I can guess it would be "CIVILIZATION_SPAIN" for Spain, but it would be much easier if I knew them exactly. If someone could give me the civilization title XML, that would be great.

Anyways, I have now released version 4, though it is technically version 3. I had uploaded version 3 to the mod browser without noticing a minor, easily fixable, issue. I fixed it, but had to upload a version 4, and could not get rid of the older version 3.

Version 4 includes the first UUs, but certainly not the last. Go to the first post to see details of further UUs and various issues associated with them.

I'm having trouble loading the map. I dl the mod from the mod downloader, then I installed and enabled it. When I go to set-up game, the teams I can be are correct (fire nation, water tribe, etc), but there is no avatar map. Help

I tried moving the map to the maps folder, and now I can see the map, but now the teams don't load in the correct location

Ok, well, it works now. For some reason mods take like 20 minutes before I can select it in start-up.

I have to keep the map in the MAPS folder, then select that map while the mod is enabled and select "load mod" when i pick that map. Shouldn't it work without putting the map in the MAPS folder? It does for my Terra Nostra mod.

I guess I'm asking more of a general mod question than a question of this specific mod. Sorry about that. And sorry about making so many posts. I'll just edit this one in the future.

I just watched the entire Avatar series again, so I'm just pumped =)

EDIT: and can I suggest you don't make the Fire Nation city already settled from the start. It's annoying that I can't do anything until I build a worker 70 turns later

Yeah, I'm still having map issues. The first time after I build the mod each time, the map won't let me pick a Civilization, instead "randomly loading one" (though it always picks Air Nomads for some reason). I'll keep looking into it though.

As for why the city is already settled, I decided to make the Air Nomads pre-settle their cities, as otherwise the Northern Air Temple may end up being in the east, or something similar. Same with Water Tribe. Since I did this to those two civilizations, it made sense to also do it to the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation. However, for some reason this prevents the production and science pop-up, and as you said, the player doesn't do anything for awhile. I'm open to suggestions.

Meanwhile, I'm having a bit of an odd problem. For some reason, only the Water Tribe is showing up as a playable civlization, yet the others show up in advanced set-up. I tried turning off my "civ removal" xml (which removes all of the real-world Civs), but for some reason this caused just Greece to be added, along side Water Tribe. I also turned off the Water Tribe xml, but this caused only the Earth Kingdom to be shown.

I have an idea for the Air Nomads. What if their trait made every tile they own function as a road tile? That way, they can connect cities without spending money and time on roads, and they can be much more mobile within their own borders. The trait would help the Air Nomads to make more money and also give them a critical advantage in defensive wars.
Did you succeed to code that ?

Did you succeed to code that ?
I haven't tried that yet, I would rather spend time on adding more content, since the Air Nomads already have a trait. That doesn't mean I won't pursue it in the future, but for now I want to focus on adding units, leaderheads, ect.

hey Boster
how's it going? any progress or updates?

I've been working on a new map for the Avatar World.

It's much better than the previous version from the Civ4 converted map into hexs (which is pretty good I must say).
I started a new map from scratch, to scale, and modified to include well distributed resources and new one like stone. I might be done in a week or so .. and would like to share it for some feedback and comments.

If you like it maybe can you include it in your mod.
-c.

I have been working on creating custom traits for the custom units, so as to make them more customizable. I also managed to create static leader heads. I will likely release a new version as soon as I finish with the traits. Because of school starting up, my work rate has slowed considerably, but I haven't abandoned the project by any means.

I am still having the problem with displaying only the Water Tribe as a playable nation, so the best thing for anyone to do right now would be to help me with that.

As for the map, in all honesty I was never super happy with the current map, and was planning to update it anyways :p. So, I probably will use your map if it's good (though I will probably make minor alterations as needed, so be aware.)

I am still having the problem with displaying only the Water Tribe as a playable nation, so the best thing for anyone to do right now would be to help me with that.

I will try looking into this.

As for the map, in all honesty I was never super happy with the current map, and was planning to update it anyways :p. So, I probably will use your map if it's good (though I will probably make minor alterations as needed, so be aware.)

No problem. Sounds good. Actually- I'm done and it looks pretty nice. Like I said, it drawn to scale. I printed the map from Nick's site overlay-ed with a hex-grid. I haven't played on it so I don't know if it's well balanced yet. Anyways, I have some concerns and some feedback would be good. Like for example, I made the rivers in Earth Kingdom large as water (coast) tiles for two reasons: (1) decrease the total land area for EK (it's huge compare to the other Nations, when drawn to scale); (2) to make them navigable like the mention in the show. This actually works alright in Civ V since you can embark units from early on the game.
Other questions are: should cities be placed on the map already or only settlers? If for a scenario, at what point on the story line to start? pre-war? should western Earth Kingdom cities be conquered and puppet-ed by Fire Nation?

Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to figure the problem out till I release the new version, but hopefully that will be soon.

Also, that's a good idea for the river thing, since they do often use them for ships in the show, plus it reduces the land area of the Earth Kingdom. I do want settlers already settled, since otherwise you can't insure that the Air Nomads/Water Tribe cities are in the right spots.

As for the scenarios, I was planning on having multiple versions. For now, the version I want is a "dawn of time" scenario, but eventually I will make a war scenario(s) and possibly even a Korra scenario.

The way I see it, there should be no research, so that Gyatso doesn't get guns!
Earth: Great defense but weak offense
Gets Castle/Great wall
Air: Speed and terrain advantage
Not sure of special buildings
Fire: Great Offense
Gets mounted units or something
Water: Terrain advantage in snow and dunno (embarked units can shoot?)
Gets Spearmen

Leaders:
Air: Aang
Earth: Toph or Kuei
Water: Katara or Sokka
Fire: Zuko

Base:
Air: India
Earth: China (maybe?)
Fire: Alexander ('cmon fire is warmonger and Greece is too)
Water: Dunno
I can re-do the map!

Leaders:
Air: Aang
Earth: Toph or Kuei
Water: Katara or Sokka
Fire: Zuko

With the exception of Kuei, None of these were leaders (well, Zuko is eventually, but it takes all of the show). Why not use actual ones from the show? Arnook or Hakoda for water (I'd suggest Hakoda, b/c he's cooler), Pasang, Gyatso, Tashi, or Iio for Air (I suggest Gyatso, for the same reason Hakoda), Sozen for Fire, and Kuei for Earth?

Base:
Air: India
Earth: China (maybe?)
Fire: Alexander ('cmon fire is warmonger and Greece is too)
Water: Dunno

I can re-do the map!

I would suggest Fire be Mongolia, and Water perhaps Japan or Korea. It keeps the Asian feel of the show, as well as fits their style a bit better (Greece, for instance, is actually geared to diplomacy as well, while Mongolia is all warmonger) Japan/Korea both have naval history if not bonuses, which makes sense for Water. Air and Earth are both good, since there's no Tibetan civ

(Greece, for instance, is actually geared to diplomacy as well, while Mongolia is all warmonger)
He is?
:confused:
The mongols have mounted archers, did the fire nation have it?
The Hellens have Hoplites (like the fire nation pikemen) and Companion Cavalry (rhinos?)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on.
A good scenario is where you are the water tribe (or something) and air nomads are
:c5occupied: and you have to liberate them.

Top Bottom