Civ World Questions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

When looking at some of the early leaders and obvious good players, they start the game by immediately building 1 of each diff house around their palace. Their houses # are waaaay lower than the way I start, which is concentrate on 1 resource. Yet they keep rollin in medals and GP, and while I produce mass food or whatever, I stay ranked way behind

What is the advantage in building small and worthless, yet a variety, of resource types early on? Do you get a GP each one or something?

Legitmate way: bubble popping and playing the market

Non legitmate ways: bubble popping macro*, manipulating the market with multiple accounts

* the difference is that with a macro you do not sit at your PC staring at the game for hours on end

On a couple of occasions while visiting another person's city (either to wed, initiate private chat or just scope things out), while I'm there, bonus resource bubbles will pop up. When you pop those, does anyone know who gets the +X? You for popping it or them for being in their city?

The city owner gets the resource. The person popping gets credit for the contest "most bonus resources gathered".

According to the Civilopedia, it doesn't become obsolete. Which makes sense, seeing as it'd not be able to transfer hands very easily if it did become obsolete. Only thru losing a battle you start could it be done, and at that point, you would then just not attack anyone.

Being the recipient of the most recent medal associated with it in your civ.

Defense - Military medal
Culture - Culture medal
Finance - Economic medal
Interior - Construction medal
Science - Science medal
Political - Population medal

What is the use of the odd resources: silk, oxen, incense, etc...?

Do they affect worker productivity?

The "odd resources" are there for you to buy low and sell high. The idea is to turn a profit doing this. They don't affect worker productivity.

All of this (and a whole lot more) is in the wiki, so you're aware. :)

I'm sure I know the answer already, but is there anyway at all to change the name of your city? I get the whole name-based city names, but mine are always really crappy suffixes, while other people get far better ones.

I keep seeing other players with ungodly high output among their citizens. For instance, 34 Food and (I kid you not) 116 science! I've tinkered with it a bunch and can't get anywhere near those sorts of levels. What am I missing here? I've looked at some of the guides, but haven't found much. Certainly nothing to boost my citizens to those levels.

Any ideas?
F

Great people. Lots and lots of great people. I'm still puzzled as to how to get that many though. Most I've been able to get of any type so far is 10ish, while those people have +50!

What does the palace upgrade given by the "Court of Camelot" auction item actually do for you?

It upgrades the palace one level. And the palace serves as a drop-off location, so when it's larger, the yield is too. But the granaries, worker locations and village greens are a lot easier to grow.

So unless it's really early on and you're focusing on wealth, science or culture, it's really just aesthetic and a fame point.

No, it does not stack. Your citizen will pick the one to travel to that offers a higher output. Usually this will be the University, unless the University is so far away that a nearer Library becomes better.

I wonder whether anyone in this game has ever researched everything?

I have a civbucks question; I've seen games with 10 limit per day and 50 limit per day. What determines th elimit of civbucks you can use per day?

Top Bottom