How do ou quit a game?

Shafi-is-back

Prince
Your only allowed two be in two games at a time. I joined a game mid way just for the heck of it and its a drag, how do i quit the game?

Is it possible to quit? or am i doomed to wait it out until the game reaches its end?

You can't quit. One thing I have done when a game was dragging and I wanted a new one to start was to do what I could to get an era victory, even if it meant changing civs. Those last 2 eras can sometimes take a really long time.

according to the wiki, we're supposed to be able to quit, but it's not working:

http://wiki.2kgames.com/civworld/index.php/Lobby_Screen

The top section of entries shows the player's current games. Each player may participate in a maximum of three simultaneous games. Each frame in the Current Games list has an option to either Quit or Play. The game with the option to Quit is the player's currently loaded game.

Yeah, I've never seen that. It says Play or Continue, not Quit. A lot of stuff in the wiki is wrong or outdated. I wish they would give some people editing access.

To be honest, I hope they don't allow people to actually quit a game.
If people are allowed to just quit a game just because their strat isn't working at start and they want to join a new one, it kind of becomes unfair and the game will just lose all the players by the time you reach the 2nd page of science.

That effectively happens anyway. One of my games was so buggy I stopped playing for a couple days, and my civ had passed meritocracy, and now it is down to 3 players, and still says it has Max Players, and all our era victories were getting credited to another civ anyway.

I think it would be better to have an option to quit, but I think they'd need some kind of deterrent like when you switch Civs, so the first time you quit you can join a new game straight away, but then the second time you need to wait and the third time you need to wait even longer etc.

Better to have people officially quit a game than to just stop playing because the game is boring them. But having everyone on a losing team quit a game before the end would spoil it for people too. So it's kind of a catch 22, and I'm not sure what the correct answer is.

One of my games kind of reminds me of endgame in Civ 4, where you have passed the tipping point, and know you're going to win, but you still have to keep going for another 50 turns or so to finally finish it off. Only in this case, I'm not the one winning. :crazyeye: Since it's just dragging on until Rome finally wins, I'm experimenting with the market, city placement, etc - just sort of using it as a learning game. And whenever I get a dowry, I make sure and marry someone from Rome to hopefully get them to finish it off sooner. :D

To be honest, I hope they don't allow people to actually quit a game.
If people are allowed to just quit a game just because their strat isn't working at start and they want to join a new one, it kind of becomes unfair and the game will just lose all the players by the time you reach the 2nd page of science.

I dont see how this is any better forcing people to play in a game that one team way far in front refuses to win.

You can quit, but people are saying it won't let you join a new game. So, then, you are just not playing?

I think there should be a penalty for quitting... like not being able to start a new game for 12 hrs. That way, people have some incentive for staying in games they aren't winning.

Also, being placed in a new game without having a choice about it is really crap and needs to be changed. I'm really tird of starting games several eras in and playing catchup all game long

I want to just not play, but it keeps putting me in a game, and I keep quitting them, :lol:

It did this to me today. I wasn't in any games, and I wanted to see what games were available. I click on the CivWorld app and suddenly - it dropped me into a game that's already started. :mad: I wasn't given the option to choose my own game, or to choose not to play any games at all. So there's a ghost-me taking up a slot in a game that I have no intention of playing. And now with the rollback, the quit button is gone. :mad: :mad:

*grumples* That's really stupid. First of all, NO game should be an option. Second of all, let me pick which game I want to be in instead of dunking me in one that's already in progress.

If you have more than one game slot, it lets you choose.

I also discovered that if your available games are clogged with late-stage games your friends are in, you can join them and quit them, and eventually it will give you a "new" game to start.

Top Bottom