Crash to desktop when downloading mods

Lochsloy

Chieftain
Game crashes when trying to download mods I'm subscribed to. I did a complete clean install, deleted everything civ related, and it still does it. It did this to me when I first reinstalled civ a few days ago, and I deleted mods + cache and tried installing with the directx9 option (just on a whim, thought I'd see if it worked) and it downloaded all my mods without crashing and I was able to play. I played about 50 hours no problem. I was able to subscribe and unsubscribe from mods with no issue. I had a bug with a mod so I decided to do a clean install of my mods again to try and correct the clash, but then I ran into the problem again

I've since tried reinstalling the complete game a few times, deleting cache/mods, still no go. I thought maybe it had to do with the size of the mods it was downloading (mostly extra civs) so I tried unsubscribing to all the larger mods and giving it just a few to download. It still crashes. I'm going to end up having to just manually download them all if I can't figure out what's going on. I'd really prefer to not do this though.

Initially I'll see the mods populate in the list as downloading, then about 5 seconds later they'll be gone, and then it crashes to desktop. I'm pretty good at troubleshooting usually, but I can't find a single lead online about what the problem might be and I don't seem to be getting any closer to a resolution.

Found this in windows event logger, not sure it's of any help or not.

Error 2/14/2015 5:53:46 PM Application Error 1000 (100)

CivilizationV.exe
546ccb59
CivilizationV.exe
546ccb59
c0000005
003cb630
01d048c21ac1c98e
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CivilizationV.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CivilizationV.exe
7a11ef45-b4b5-11e4-be9a-00268332bf35

Edit: I just tried completely reinstalling steam and civ, updated graphics driver and still crashes when starting to download the mods.

Edit 2: Started in directx9 mode with steam set to offline mode. I saw a few mods in the mods folder that were downloaded before it crashed on the last attempt so I know it's connecting and retrieving some of them at least before it crashes.

Edit 3: Turned steam back to online mode. It didn't try to download the rest of the mods and won't til I delete the cache probably, but I was able to go to a mod and unsubscribe/resubscribe and it downloaded without crashing.

Edit 4: Deleted modsdb in the cache and as soon as I went to the mods screen it crashed.

Top Bottom