Why can't I ever get BUG and BAT to work properly?

Pengu

Prince
Got the game. Download Bug mod and Bat mod. Should be simple yes?
Install and then run. Not for me.

The installation goes fine and starting the game goes fine. The everything starts to go wrong.
The BUG mod works, but all the icons in the entire game are gone.
All the icons on the scoreboard... gone
All the icons in the city screen showing resources, happy faces, gold etc .... gone

That Bat mod works even less. The graphics is fine and all.... but the whole interface is gone!
NO scoreboard, no city screen, no nothing.

What am I doing wrong???

For BAT (and this will probably work for BUG too)...

Start the game as administrator. That means right click the .exe file and choose "Run as Administrator".

Because of where the game installs, it often requires elevated privilege for some mods. If you installed BUG to Custom Assets (and the same with BAT), you will likely require elevated privilege to get the mods working right.

Remember not to run BUG and BAT at the same time - it won't work.

Didn't work for the bug mod. Drives me nuts this. :(
Bug mod shows icons if I choose the mods folder installation option but not if I install Bug mod normally with the customassests folder option. No clue what's causing it.
Didn't work with Bat either. No interface shown :(

Well, I kinda got BUG to work....
If I installed BOTH the mods folder option and the custom assets folder option
I can now see the icons even if I start the game up regularly.
But I am sure that's not exactly a solution... :)

I have no clue why BAT won't work

Do you have a special character in your windows user name?

Yeah, as a matter of fact I do. it's the character ö.
Why on earth should that be a problem...? :)

BUG stores user settings in the 'my games' folder. It has problems dealing with directory structures containing 'special' characters ... to the extent that it cannot 'see' the folders it needs to see.

I can't remember the work around ... try searching in the BUG forum for solution, special character.

Maybe LM remembers?

The workaround, assuming that the OP is using Windows 7, is to either create a new User in the system (without special characters in the user name), and install the mod under that user.

Or else:

Rename the user, again, using only English characters. In Windows 7, go to the control panel and choose User Accounts. Once loaded, select "Change your account name", follow the instructions. You may have to log off or reboot afterward.

The screen you want looks like this:

Users.PNG

Got the game. Download Bug mod and Bat mod. Should be simple yes?
Install and then run. Not for me.

The installation goes fine and starting the game goes fine. The everything starts to go wrong.
The BUG mod works, but all the icons in the entire game are gone.
All the icons on the scoreboard... gone
All the icons in the city screen showing resources, happy faces, gold etc .... gone

That Bat mod works even less. The graphics is fine and all.... but the whole interface is gone!
NO scoreboard, no city screen, no nothing.

What am I doing wrong???

LoL

For me, the BAT Mod's working FINE. The BUG Mod is what's refusing to work. So yeah, something's not working right. I just don't know what.

Top Bottom