Merging BUG with other Mods

Right, I just meant the Assets folder that lives with Civ4BeyondSword.exe as opposed to CustomAssets in your My Documents folder. I don't see any problems in the logs. You are talking about loading non-BUFFY saved games, right? Do saved BUFFY games also crash?

Are you able to start, save, quit, and load a new game using the BULL DLL? And can you load that same new saved game without the BULL DLL?

Old Games that were played with BUFFY crash when loading while using BULL DLL.

Other Users seem to have the same problem, they all exchange the DLL's to whether they're playing a Forum game (BUG/BULL) or a HoF / GOTM (BUFFY) .

Take a look here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=450849

Thanks for the link. Since BUFFY uses its own DLL it seems strange that it would even see the one in the main Assets folder. I know HoF has an assets checker to validate that you're running the correct files. It might be crashing on purpose if the other DLL has been modified.

Yo!.... right..

I wanna know how exactly I add two mods.. since I have absolutely no modding experience. (except changing unit cost/research cost)

Currently i only have TWO mods I wanna add
Advanced Diplomacy
AND
Plot Capacity ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372716 )

I have no idea how to add anything, there's no "good" tutorial (the ones prvoided in the first post appears to be HOW to make NEW mods not merging them)

I'd use RoM but that mod really annoys me with the annoying unremovable clutter it contains. (However, I'm gonna see if I'm hopefully wrong)

Could someone explain to me how the game works when you have multiple python files with the same functions. For example, in my mod, I now have several python files with an onCityAcquired function. However, it seems that only the version in CvEventManger.py is being called. What do I need to do to have it call the other functions as well and how does the game decide what order to run through these functions?

Yo!.... right..

I wanna know how exactly I add two mods.. since I have absolutely no modding experience. (except changing unit cost/research cost)

Currently i only have TWO mods I wanna add
Advanced Diplomacy
AND
Plot Capacity ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372716 )

I have no idea how to add anything, there's no "good" tutorial (the ones prvoided in the first post appears to be HOW to make NEW mods not merging them)

I'd use RoM but that mod really annoys me with the annoying unremovable clutter it contains. (However, I'm gonna see if I'm hopefully wrong)

merging two bug mods is easy
  • xml isnt modular in BUG, so merge typical game XML files as normal
  • add your bug mod to the load section of the init.xml file
  • add custom python files to the "contrib" directory in bug
  • special python files like "cvmaininterface" which comes with a bug install will have to be merged manually

check my sig link for a list of BUG 4.4 mods. each of which comes with a readme.txt explaining how to merge to an installed standalone bug install. i've been able to merge all of them into one installed "mod".

@Tholal - Each Python file is its own little world. All of those functions with the same name in different modules are unrelated. Only BUG makes them related by hooking them up to the event manager using <event> in your config XML.

Start with the BUG Tutorial and use the BUG Reference. Then come back with questions where you don't understand something.

I made my own little MOD that simply changes some xml files (added a few units/civs/leaders/traits) but did nothing to change the python or any other code. Just xml. The MOD is loading fine and I'm able to see all my new leaders in the custom game screen. However, when it loads the map, I get a message:

BUG Init: cannot find XML file for mod init
and none of the interface is on the screen.

I tried looking at the wiki entry. I added the MyMod.xml file to the Config folder in my custom assets which contains the code:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<!--MyMod - Provides whatever MyMod provides -->
<mod id="MyMod"/>

and added the line to the init.xml
Code:
<load mod="MyMod"/>

but I'm still getting the error message. Do I have to do a lot of work with python to get this mod to work correctly even though I haven't changed anything in the python code? Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT / UPDATE
I have solved this problem for myself. If anyone is making an "XML Only" mod for themselves and can't get BUG to work with it like I couldn't (above), there is a simple solution. Just go into CustomAssets and copy all the files (leaving out the ones you already changed for your mod) to your MOD assets folder (in their proper folder locations). That's it. I feel kinda silly. The CustomAssets folder contains basically all the BUG interface. By copying it into your MOD assets folder, you are essentially including BUG inside your mod. Sorry to take up a post on your thread, EmperorFool, but hopefully this will help other beginners.

RI merged the BUG mod with K-mod, but would like to further integrate the two mods. I would like add to this list the data overflow that are in K-mod.

In which file is this data? I searched the CvMainInterface.py, but it seems they are imported from elsewhere.

Please tell me that it is in another file in python :lol:

Edit: Found in RawYields.py, but still needs the fuction for overflow...

Edit2:
Code:
	bool bIsProcess = city.isProductionProcess();
	int iPastOverflow = (bIsProcess ? 0 : city.getOverflowProduction());
How transform this code in python code?

Full code in the file so far (need the correct code for red):
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]# iPastOverflow
	def addOverflow(self, pCity):
	for eYield in range(YieldTypes.NUM_YIELD_TYPES):
		iValue = 0
		for eFlow in range(gc.isProductionProcess()):
			if not eFlow = 0
				range(gc.getOverflowProduction()):
		self.addOverflow(eYield, eFlow)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]
		iPastOverflow = self.getYield(eYield, OVERFLOW)
[COLOR="Black"]		if iPastOverflow != 0:
			# Subtotal
			self.appendTableTotal(screen, table, eYield, iTotal)
			#self.appendTable(screen, table, True, BugUtil.getPlainText("base"), eYield, iTotal)
			iValue = iPastOverflow
			iSubtotal = iTotal + iValue
			iTotal += iValue
			self.appendTable(screen, table, False, BugUtil.getText("TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_OVERFLOW", (iPastOverflow,)), eYield, iValue)
		else:
			iSubtotal = iTotal
[/COLOR]

Edit 3: Final Code - Working! :)
Code:
		#Overflow, #iPastOverflow
		pHeadSelectedCity = CyInterface().getHeadSelectedCity()
		iOverflow = int(pHeadSelectedCity.getOverflowProduction())
		if iOverflow != 0:
			# Subtotal
			self.appendTableTotal(screen, table, eYield, iTotal)
			#self.appendTable(screen, table, True, BugUtil.getPlainText("base"), eYield, iTotal)
			iValue = iOverflow
			iSubtotal = iTotal + iValue
			iTotal += iValue
			self.appendTable(screen, table, False, BugUtil.getText("TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_OVERFLOW", (iOverflow,)), eYield, iValue)
		else:
			iSubtotal = iTotal

It was necessary to make a small change to the code doesn't affect the other yields.
Edit 4:
Code:
		if eYield == YieldTypes.YIELD_PRODUCTION and iOverflow != 0:

[/COLOR]Result:

Attachments

• overflow.jpg
    overflow.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 868
  • final.jpg
    final.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 853
Hi,

I try to change some gameutils and it works fine for all players in SinglePlayer and MP besides Pitboss games.

F.e. I would like to add a wonder with the following code:
Code:
	def getBuildingCostMod(self, argsList):
		iPlayer, iCityID, iBuilding = argsList
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
		pCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCityID)
		pTeam = gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam())
		iCostMod = -1 # Any value > 0 will be used

## Apadana Palace Start ##
		if pTeam.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDINGCLASS_APADANA_PALACE")) == 1:
			obsoleteTech = gc.getBuildingInfo(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_APADANA_PALACE")).getObsoleteTech()
			if gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(obsoleteTech) == false or obsoleteTech == -1:
				capital = pPlayer.getCapitalCity()
				if capital.getNumActiveBuilding(iBuilding) and not pCity.isCapital():
					return 80
## Platyping Wonders End ##

Like said in your tutorial, I´ve made a different file named AlriksMultiModUtils (former CvGameUtils) where I have the new code to the existing callback and all the other callbacks. I´ve tried to register it in two ways in the init.xml:

Code:
<gameutils module="AlriksMultiModGameUtils" class="AlriksMultiModGameUtils" override="True"/>

and

Code:
<gameutils module="AlriksMultiModGameUtils" class="AlriksMultiModGameUtils" handler="getBuildingCostMod"/>

The problem is, that I get an OOS. The logs show, that all the computers of the players which are logged in calculating the BuildingCosts correctly with the discount. Only the pitboss ignores it, so on all the computers of the players some buildings are already finished while the pitboss believes there is still some production missing.

The crazy thing is, that the code works in pitboss games with standard BtS and only this modification.

Any idea why this problem occurs and how I can solve it? Thank you very much for your help!

EDIT:

Here the entries that refering to the getBuildingCostMod of the PythonDbg logfile:

Code:
load_module pickle
[COLOR="Red"]load_module AlriksMultiModGameUtils[/COLOR]
load_module BugOptionsScreen
[COLOR="Red"]22:50:17 DEBUG: BugUtil - binding CvGameUtils.CvGameUtils.getBuildingCostMod to <CvGameUtils.CvGameUtils instance at 0x1D5D2738>
22:50:17 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - creating callback getBuildingCostMod
22:50:17 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getBuildingCostMod - setting default to -1[/COLOR]
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugConfig - loading mod file AlriksMultiModSettings
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugInit - loading mod AlriksMultiModSettings...
22:50:18 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod AlriksMultiModSettings
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugUtil - looking up AlriksMultiModGameUtils.AlriksMultiModGameUtils
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - registering AlriksMultiModGameUtils.AlriksMultiModGameUtils
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - doPillageGold - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getUpgradePriceOverride - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getExperienceNeeded - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - canConstruct - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - doCityCaptureGold - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getConscriptUnitType - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - citiesDestroyFeatures - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
[COLOR="Red"]22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getBuildingCostMod - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler[/COLOR]
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getUnitCostMod - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - AI_unitUpdate - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getExtraCost - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - cannotConstruct - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - AI_chooseProduction - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - getWidgetHelp - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: BugGameUtils - doMeltdown - adding AlriksMultiModGameUtils handler
22:50:18 DEBUG: Timer - load mod [AlriksMultiModSettings] took 1 ms

Where is the tutorial? the link is a download exe file and it opens and installs the BUG mod itself with not tutorial

Edited as I didn't think I was clear

Hi!

...after 5 days, this tread is my last hope!

Im using some parts of the BUG Mod for my mod.

Now, i like to add a python Mod componente -> http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21217

I copy and paste the copy code into my mod py files, but it dont work.
Then i copy and paste the code to the next war mod in the same way as i did it to my files, it works in the Next war mod!

The creator says it could be a problem with the BUG Mod, "Widget help text disabled by BUG if you use it."

So, where can can i enable the help text?

Yeah, I was looking for the tutorial as well, but the link is not valid any longer. It looks like all of the old "sections" of the sourceforge page aren't there any more, so none of the links on EmperorFool's signature work correctly except of the general BUG link. :(

Hi! I am still in love with Civ4, but it seems I am way passed high modding season for this game. Anyone alive yet?

I am trying to implement slavery captures. I am using LOR 1.10, which uses BUG which seems to make everything different (no offence!). I tried to modify CvEventManager, but without luck. Then I found this post. I searched for onCombatResult in the files and found the "autologEventManager.py". My hope was to simply modify things here. However, I just get a at least for me useless error message in the game. This was my puny code:

Code:
def onCombatResult(self, argsList):

####################################
        # My naive try to change something #
        ####################################
        'Combat Result'
        pWinner,pLoser = argsList
        playerX = PyPlayer(pWinner.getOwner())
        unitX = PyInfo.UnitInfo(pWinner.getUnitType())
        playerY = PyPlayer(pLoser.getOwner())
        unitY = PyInfo.UnitInfo(pLoser.getUnitType())     
        if playerX and playerX and unitX and playerY:
            CvUtil.pyPrint('Player %d Civilization %s Unit %s has defeated Player %d Civilization %s Unit %s'
                %(playerX.getID(), playerX.getCivilizationName(), unitX.getDescription(),
                playerY.getID(), playerY.getCivilizationName(), unitY.getDescription()))

xType = unitX.getUnitCombatType()
        yType = unitY.getUnitCombatType()
        player = gc.getActivePlayer()
        unitSlave = gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNIT_SLAVE")
        if (yType != gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE") and yType != gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNITCOMBAT_ARMOR") and yType != gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNITCOMBAT_HELICOPTER") and yType != gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNITCOMBAT_NAVAL") and yType != gc.getInfoTypeForString("NONE")):
            if (xType != gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNITCOMBAT_HELICOPTER") and xType != gc.getInfoTypeForString("NONE")):
                iRand = random.randint(1, 100)
                if (iRand >=1):
                    if (player.isCivic(gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVIC_SLAVERY"))):
                        newUnit = playerX.player.initUnit(unitSlave, pWinner.getX(), pWinner.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI)
                        newUnit.finishMoves()

#################
        # End of my try #
        #################

if (AutologOpt.isLogCombat()):
            self.UnitKilled = 1
            pWinner,pLoser = argsList
            if (pWinner.getOwner() == CyGame().getActivePlayer()
            or pLoser.getOwner() == CyGame().getActivePlayer()):
                playerX = PyPlayer(pWinner.getOwner())
                playerY = PyPlayer(pLoser.getOwner())
                winnerHealth = float(pWinner.baseCombatStr()) * float(pWinner.currHitPoints()) / float(pWinner.maxHitPoints())
                zsBattleLocn = self.getUnitLocation(pWinner)
                playerXDesc = PyPlayer(pWinner.getVisualOwner()).getCivilizationAdjective()
                playerYDesc = PyPlayer(pLoser.getVisualOwner()).getCivilizationAdjective()
                if (pWinner.getOwner() == CyGame().getActivePlayer()):
                    if (self.bHumanPlaying):
                        message = BugUtil.getText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_WHILE_ATTACKING_DEFEATS", (zsBattleLocn, pWinner.getNameKey(), BugUtil.formatFloat(winnerHealth, 2), pWinner.baseCombatStr(), playerYDesc, pLoser.getNameKey(), BugUtil.formatFloat(self.fOdds, 1), lPercent))
                        self.iBattleWonAttacking = self.iBattleWonAttacking + 1
                    else:
                        self.fOdds = 100 - self.fOdds
                        message = BugUtil.getText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_WHILE_DEFENDING_DEFEATS", (zsBattleLocn, pWinner.getNameKey(), BugUtil.formatFloat(winnerHealth, 2), pWinner.baseCombatStr(), playerYDesc, pLoser.getNameKey(), BugUtil.formatFloat(self.fOdds, 1), lPercent))
                        self.iBattleWonDefending = self.iBattleWonDefending + 1
                    Logger.writeLog(message, vColor="DarkRed")
                else:
                    if (self.bHumanPlaying):
                        message = BugUtil.getText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_WHILE_ATTACKING_LOSES", (zsBattleLocn, pLoser.getNameKey(), playerXDesc, pWinner.getNameKey(), BugUtil.formatFloat(winnerHealth, 2), pWinner.baseCombatStr(), BugUtil.formatFloat(self.fOdds, 1), lPercent))
                        self.iBattleLostAttacking = self.iBattleLostAttacking + 1
                    else:
                        self.fOdds = 100 - self.fOdds
                        message = BugUtil.getText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_WHILE_DEFENDING_LOSES", (zsBattleLocn, pLoser.getNameKey(), playerXDesc, pWinner.getNameKey(), BugUtil.formatFloat(winnerHealth, 2), pWinner.baseCombatStr(), BugUtil.formatFloat(self.fOdds, 1), lPercent))
                        self.iBattleLostDefending = self.iBattleLostDefending + 1
                    Logger.writeLog(message, vColor="Red")

Top Bottom