Who's Interested in Turn-Playing, Planning, Being Diplomats...??

Snaaty's proposal third-ed....

I would be happy to perform any of the less sexy, less desirable odd-jobs that the people in the C&D department wont want. Things like tracking EP's to see who's generatinng the most and who's spending them on us, seeing who's gaining on tiles which are being culture clashed etc... Basically anything small but important enough to keep an eye on. What do you think?

most important in early game is someone who can read the demo screen (=can assign each increasing and decreasing to what tech/unit/citygrowth/newcity it was without further knowledge of the enemy;)... ...this maybe can be some sort of secrect service councel and everybody who is interested in that should contribute (usually it goes down to 2-3 players BEEING ABLE and WILLING to do that on the long run:))

but that shouldnt be put into the job list, it should be placed in a seperat threat, maybe named secred service or whatsoever, cause it must be done by above described experts and there is really no sense in rotating and voting (i neither CAN do i nor do i have INTEREST in doing it for exemple:rolleyes:)

on general note on jobs for me:

i cant take any official jobs, cause i cant be around on a regular basis... ...these days i have a lot of time, cause of holidays, but next week things will already look different.

so i will have to limit my doings on digging in the sandbox (sandkasten) and help with / provide some background for planning ahead and structuring things here a little

I like the sounds of what Snaaty suggests however to have 5 dedicated diplomats (one for each rival civ) also has it's benefits such as one person being focused entirely on one rival civ and is less likely than one main diplomat to overlook something. It's quite possible that Snaaty's proposal would work better but I thought it'd be best to examine all the possibilities before arriving at one conclusion. Aside from that one point I +1 Snaaty's system.

Looks like Snaaty's proposal wins then. :)

Are we just saying that DMOC takes the three big roles for now, or should someone else take one over?

Snaaty said:
most important in early game is someone who can read the demo screen (=can assign each increasing and decreasing to what tech/unit/citygrowth/newcity it was without further knowledge of the enemy... ...this maybe can be some sort of secrect service councel and everybody who is interested in that should contribute (usually it goes down to 2-3 players BEEING ABLE and WILLING to do that on the long run)
I thought we should start a Demo screen thread. Maybe the TP can take a screenshot of F9 and note of any other related info, and we can have a focussed discussion of it in one place.

@ DMOC:

I´m really not too happy with what you´re stating here:(... ...game starts tomorrow, we have organized exactely nothing, no assigned substitutes for turn player... ...nothing... ...and now i´m reading that you aren´t here for 2 days:lol:

sorry, no offence intended, just the hint, that YOU are the LEADER of this tribe, as long as we dont vote a major

please read what i proposed some days and some posts above here in this threat.

please take care to start polls for the jobs needed and described ASAP, most important

- 2 substituts for main turnplayer (which is you
- main diplomat and 2 substitutes (we can later decide to have 1 diplomat for each team we meet)
- major (leader of our tribe, who takes care of stuff like votes and has last word on everything)

we have enough people here in this threat that applied for above mentioned jobs. just put them into the voting slots and make a very short voting time, like 24 hrs to ge it done in time

thanks in advance:goodjob:

Top Bottom