Mod Component Requests Thread

A mod that renames captured cities, into cities of the Civ's own culture. I.e., I'm playing as America, very early in the game, and I have an early game war against England, when I capture London, the city gets named to New York. Is there any way this can be done?

Rhye's mod does something like that. It isn't a stand alone feature, but I'm sure he could make it stand alone if he were so inclined.

My request was posted in the Winamp GUI thread, but I'll repost it here:

I (and no doubt many MPers as well (or just anyone)) would love a merger between Civ and Trillian/AIM/Yahoo/Whatever that would allow you to use your chat program from within the civ game. Both because the in game chat sucks and because multi-tasking is all the rage.

A mod that makes villages and towns relieve some of the overcrowding penalty of the city closest to it. Maybe a village relieves 1 angry face caused by overcrowding, and a town relieves 2.

@Nekkerbee - I dislike this idea very much

My request is for generating great general points with buildings (slowest than regular great person). in this way, civs can prepare for war without fighting but knowing that will come on time. Military training should give a chance to give a great general before the first war.

Feel free to use the great general birth rate icon I've attached. I would have made it more red ...

bye

EDIT : 100th Download ! Incredible !

Attachments

• greatgeneral.gif
    greatgeneral.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 360
I'd like to propose a template so that adding modlets to existing mods would be easier. Some standards on commenting etc would be nice. Perhaps the xml can be preserved in a spreadsheet witht eh column headings representing the assorted files? Then adding a modlet becomes just inserting a block.

I can have a go as a sample if anyone things this is a good idea?

modlets ? what does it meams ?

thanks giving a try to this idea ( I'm not able actually to implement this kind of feature but have some ideas to share )

standards on commenting ? Have I made a fault saying my opinion on an idea ?

Warlords 2.08: I have the game core dll for 50 civs, I added it to civ gold. I can play a random generated map with 50 civs, but if I try to play a premade map with that many, the game crashes. How can I play a world map, or a Europe map etc... with all of the civs?

Can anyone make a mod component that will alllow open borders for one civ only, without the other civ being allowed in first civs borders. Example: The US troops are currently in Iraqs borders, but Iraqi troops are not alllowed in US borders. This would make things more realistic.

Also, in custom game you can disable vassal states. Is there a way to disable vassal states, by peace only, while still being able to acquire vassals through war? There should be two separate categories for vassal states, and not just one for peace ad war.

I would like to request a component that modded natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, and famines into the game. It might also include global warming (and the related effects), together with a very low probability of cometary impact (which would result in widespread famine and global cooling for several turns).

Can anyone could make a modcomp wich expands a little bit stiffy civics options

I have in mod new civics and war doctrines - tough they don't work as i want - for example i want to make Blitzkrieg doctrine that will allow to produce unitcombats tanks and bombers 10% cheaper and arms race 30% cheaper atom and hydrogen bombs classess

So what i really want is possiblity to make new option in civics allowing to decrease the cost of certain domains,. unitcombats and unitclasses.
Ifi it's to difficult please just make unitcombats

I would like to request a component that modded natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, and famines into the game. It might also include global warming (and the related effects), together with a very low probability of cometary impact (which would result in widespread famine and global cooling for several turns).

You could have the global warming raising the sea level, creating violent storms, and having large ice sheets calving off in the antarctic, like we have now. The bergs could hit ships like barbarians (i think TheLopez worked out the code for it). Paradoxically, some areas would get colder as some currents would stop or reverse direction.

Nuclear Warfare, on the other hand, might lead to warming or cooling, as the burning cities release gigantic amounts of CO2 and other greenhouse gases, but the dust reflects light back, encouraging the growth of glaciers, which could create a new ice age.

The world's climate is inherently unstable, and in the long run, a venus type climate is the most likely. All life on earth has nearly been eradicated several times, which could be why the galaxy isn't swarming with spacemen; extinction events before you can get interstellar space colonies viable are very very likely.

Even a disease could kill all of humanity. One single plague, like the one causing contagious cancers in tasmanian devils. We take things for granted, and view ourselves as masters of nature. We are ants, lording it over a pile of sand... and the tide is coming in.

You could have the global warming raising the sea level, creating violent storms, and having large ice sheets calving off in the antarctic, like we have now. The bergs could hit ships like barbarians (i think TheLopez worked out the code for it). Paradoxically, some areas would get colder as some currents would stop or reverse direction.

Nuclear Warfare, on the other hand, might lead to warming or cooling, as the burning cities release gigantic amounts of CO2 and other greenhouse gases, but the dust reflects light back, encouraging the growth of glaciers, which could create a new ice age.

The world's climate is inherently unstable, and in the long run, a venus type climate is the most likely. All life on earth has nearly been eradicated several times, which could be why the galaxy isn't swarming with spacemen; extinction events before you can get interstellar space colonies viable are very very likely.

Even a disease could kill all of humanity. One single plague, like the one causing contagious cancers in tasmanian devils. We take things for granted, and view ourselves as masters of nature. We are ants, lording it over a pile of sand... and the tide is coming in.

Precisely my point. Civilization exists only by grace of the natural world, and natural (climatic) phenomena are often the 'invisible hands' which guide much of history. I would like to see a mod which reflected that in gameplay.

I would like a mod that allows the player to become a vassal. It just seems weird that you are the only civilization that can't become a vassal.

Can someone do or tell me how to go about changing the penalties for being the master of a vassal? Both the diplomatic one with other nations and the city maintence penalty.

@gR - Is the guy who sings Anna boten going to be a great artist ? Maybe ABBA should be included in this mod ?

Is someone wanting to do a mod with the weirdest people : great ignorant replace great scientist, great maneuver replace great engineer, great spoiled replace great merchant, great ostracised replace great prophet, great incult replace great artist ?

@gR - Is the guy who sings Anna boten going to be a great artist ? Maybe ABBA should be included in this mod ?

Is someone wanting to do a mod with the weirdest people : great ignorant replace great scientist, great maneuver replace great engineer, great spoiled replace great merchant, great ostracised replace great prophet, great incult replace great artist ?

Great idea ;) and yes basshunter sucks!

Hey, Guys, I was wondering if somebody could either make OR teach me how to make an option when your creating a game to set an "era limit" where it prevents you and the computer from researching past the selected era.

Could this work???:confused: ;)

Top Bottom