Global Warming mod

Here's a save. It crashes at the end of turn 1, like all Global Warming games on my computer.

Attachments

• global warming.CivBeyondSwordSave
    56 KB · Views: 193
Here's a save. It crashes at the end of turn 1, like all Global Warming games on my computer.

I installed Blue Marble but I couldn't reproduce the crash.:confused:

I've attached an alternate .dll and GlobalDefinesAlt file to the first post thats merged with the Better AI mod. Just copy one mods folders contents into the other and use these files for the overlapping files.

I'm thinking about merging this mod, but I need to know how stable this is? Are there any outstanding known bugs? So far my mod is completely stable and I don't want to compromise that. Also do you have a merged with BUG 3.6 version? A mod already set up to handle the Sevopedia and such makes merging 20 times easier as Wolfrev is built on top of RevDCM 1.00 (Which includes BUG 3.6).

As you can see from a few posts up there was a problem but I posted the code, had others look at it and made changes which fixed the problem. Before that there was a mod somewhere that someone merged this with their mod and had problems, which I only learned about by reading their forum topic long after the fact. It was hanging and not getting to the next turn after hitting End Turn and with the problematic savegame from the poster above and I did get a end of turn hang with it like that other person had but after the last update I couldn't repeat it.
As it is there isn't a bug I know of unless the end of turn hang bug I fixed was different that the end of turn hang the other person had. However, it hasn't been as thoroughly test as I'd like due to my slow computer keeping me from getting through many games, and my CD drive just broke down so I need a new one. Well, a DVD drive now.
Regarding BUG, I've been using it with BAT1.1, but I don't know anything about merging with Bug 3.6 or Sevopedia although I haven't actually added pedia entries for any changes yet because I didn't and don't know how.

I've tested the mods features to make sure they work, but not how well they work in a game. So I could use some feedback as to how it has played out for anyone. Like how much/often did GW occurred, when did it start, how many nukes were used, what map did you use, did you keep your forests intact, did you intentionally avoid causing GW or did you wait until it started to try to keep it under control, how much did it affect the game, how much trouble did GW cause you, was it more trouble than you'd want to tolerate?

I like the change list you've implemented, but I want to see them tested in a game. What scenario or map did you use to test this mod and its features? thanks!

I like the change list you've implemented, but I want to see them tested in a game. What scenario or map did you use to test this mod and its features? thanks!

Most of my testing has been by setting the forge to 99 bad health and using the world builder to ensure the happens. Its only recently I started a real game to see it in action but then I got sidetracked working on Moo2Civ. I'm just getting back to it now.
I picked opposing leaders that had FLAVOUR_PRODUCTION set in their CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml section and then with either trait the trait Organized for faster factory production or Industrious for forges.
Any leader from China, Germany or Rome has FLAVOUR_PRODUCTION, as well as De Gaulle, Huayna Capac, Pericles, Ramesses, Fraklin Roosevelt and Stalin.
A map with a lot of land would probably be good. Maybe also a cold climate, but not the Ice Age map scrips because it doesn't actually have much cold terrain. It just cuts off the tops and bottom of the map so you get a long strip of map in the middle of the planet with huge but non-existent ice-caps.
If you start at the Renaissance at epic speed you should have about the same length game (assuming you don't want more turns) but more of it in the high production era. It would leave less time to cut down forests since you'd have logging mills sooner, so the extra trees might keep global warming off a little, but the AI is usually short sighted about keeping any forests anyway.
If you want nukes fired off, Ragnar, Monty and Shaka are supposed to be the most aggressive.

Ok ..so what I hear you say is use a custom scenario and fine tune the map as you play, using the worldbuilder. will the WB help save the map, and if so, will it work with the mod the next time I launch the mod. 'cause your version of global warming mod is more like a mod component and I am interested to add a map to it, so I wouldn't have to custom scenario every time I play it....any suggestions?

thanks much in advance!!

Well if we first assume that global warming will happen then we should start with terrain on the upper end of the scale. So very little desert and plains, unless there's not enough ocean to have oil, then you'd need desert to have oil available. If you put desert next to water it might sink into the ocean, but oil never appears on desert that's next to water. So mostly grassland with some forests and a small about of jungle just so you get jungle only resources. That's assuming you used Randomize Resources=true, but if you place them all manually then you could have bananas on ice if you want and could use just the terrain you want, but it would be more repetitive. Also larger than usual ice/tundra area but with extra rivers and forest around so it's still productive enough before they melt.
Here's an idea. If you have ice features along the top and/or bottom of the map and then set the maps world wrap to wrap the Y axis then you could have a situation where melting ice causes new sea routes to open.

I'm trying to merge this into RevDCM's SDK, but when I compile, CvGame.cpp throws an error saying "getWarmingDefense' : is not a member of 'CvFeatureInfo." What do I do to fix this?

This mod makes changes to CvInfo.h/cpp to add this function to CvFeatureInfo. Did you include these changes? You also need to modify CIV4FeatureInfos.xml to add the field to all the features (it should be included in the mod).

This mod makes changes to CvInfo.h/cpp to add this function to CvFeatureInfo. Did you include these changes? You also need to modify CIV4FeatureInfos.xml to add the field to all the features (it should be included in the mod).

I payed closer attention this time and caught one reference in the cvinfo.h that wasn't commented GWMOD, and that's why I didn't see it. Fixed now.

I payed closer attention this time and caught one reference in the cvinfo.h that wasn't commented GWMOD, and that's why I didn't see it. Fixed now.

lol you could have mentioned what it was!

Anyway, for anyone else who has the same trouble, this is the line that wasn't commented with GWmod in CvInfos.h.

Code:
int getWarmingDefense() const;
line 3124

Just successfully merged this into PIG mod. :)

how do rising seas work?

If a desert tile next to a water tiles is hit by global warming it turns to a coast tile. "Next to" means any of the eight squares around the tile and it doesn't have to be the ocean, it can be an inland lake. City tiles can't be hit so it could turn a city into an island but it won't destroy it.

Top Bottom