Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok great, thanks.
Maybe something for the next version:
If Master Victory is on, get rid of the message spam saying you've got 60% of the required 51% to win the game etc... and/or a message the likes of "Your army is so large it blocks out the sun, your culture has left noone untouched and your scientists are centuries ahead of the competition. Your message to the world is clear: Resistance is futile!" A) Show mercy to the enemy, end this swiftly. **Win the game.** B) Maybe I'll show them the hard way... **Continue playing until other victory conditions are met.**
C) I haven't decided yet. Ask me sometime later **pops up the same message after 50 turns and asks if finally you accept your victory**

that way the mastery condition could become a standard (no option needed to turn it off or on. always active). if you chose option A it's the vanilla Civ victory system (i.e. like no mastery condition), choosing B is the default mastery condition system and C the variant for the unsure players.

saves time posting answers to players with victory troubles.

You're probably playing a Mastery victory then. You either need to have a score which doubles everyone else put together, wipe out everybody except your vassals or wait for the clock to expire.
If I have Mastery Victory enabled (Which I'm still not sure off, is there a way to check it?), it's bugged. Every civ is now my vassal, still doesn't win me the game. Only turning on the mercy rule works.

About the victories... how about just adding a "Claim Victory" button in the victory screen or next to the BUG button that becomes enabled once you reach any of the enabled victory conditions?

If I have Mastery Victory enabled (Which I'm still not sure off, is there a way to check it?), it's bugged. Every civ is now my vassal, still doesn't win me the game. Only turning on the mercy rule works.

About the victories... how about just adding a "Claim Victory" button in the victory screen or next to the BUG button that becomes enabled once you reach any of the enabled victory conditions?

Because that's not the point of the Mastery Victory. The point is to:

A.) Utterly dominate through sheer amount of points that you can invoke the mercy rule or

B.) Reach the Time Victory with the highest score, having achieved the score through conquest/diplomacy/culturally/religiously/and more.

Hi, i´ve got this problem:

I've installed 2.9 amd patched to 2.91 and am trying to install AND. I keep getting the error saying that it is the wrong directory, but I've got everything installed under program files. When I go ahead anyway, it says that it can't find WOC_installer.jar. I've tried reinstalling ROM a couple times and no luck. Any ideas? Thanks. I really want to try AND out!

As SonOfDogbreath had.

I don´t find the a new dawn.log file and I´ve got my UAC disabled. Could you please help me?

Many thanks!

How to uninstall AND?

I have RoM 2.91.
The game crashes when I reload a game to continue.
I do not play with administrator rights. Thats not an option.

The computer handled RoM 2.91 fine, same with Warlords Total Realism.

How to uninstall AND?

I have RoM 2.91.
The game crashes when I reload a game to continue.
I do not play with administrator rights. Thats not an option.

The computer handled RoM 2.91 fine, same with Warlords Total Realism.

Reloading a game, while in the game can cause crashes even in vanilla BTS. It all depends on when you are doing it I think and the (bad) memory usage. RoM adds more of everything so uses more memory. Which means you have to live with it - sometimes you will be able to reload a game while playing and sometimes you will just have to exit the game and start again with the load.

I downloaded the 1.73 version and the 1.73 G-patch. Then installed.

Now when I try to load the mod, it takes forever to start and the following error appears:

Tag: GAMEOPTION_INQUISITIONS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

The error appears around 50 times with diffrent file names. Then the game shuts down.

How do I fix this or uninstall a new dawn? Rise of mankind was working perfectly before.

I downloaded the 1.73 version and the 1.73 G-patch. Then installed.

Now when I try to load the mod, it takes forever to start and the following error appears:

Tag: GAMEOPTION_INQUISITIONS in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

The error appears around 50 times with diffrent file names. Then the game shuts down.

How do I fix this or uninstall a new dawn? Rise of mankind was working perfectly before.
This generally occurs with bad installs. Read the Installation guide on the first post of this thread, and make sure you followed the directions.

This generally occurs with bad installs. Read the Installation guide on the first post of this thread, and make sure you followed the directions.

Hey again.

I just realized I have RoM 2.81 installed. Not 2.91. So I'm gonna update and try again.

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the inconvenience.

Remember to delete your entire RoM folders in BtS/Mods/ first, as you need a clean RoM 2.91 installation to properly install AND 1.73 and patch H.

How do I install Patch J (or any patch for that matter) I have AND 1.73 installed, but I don't know how to get Patch J (it just asks for an application, where do I send it?)

Thanks!

How do I install Patch J (or any patch for that matter) I have AND 1.73 installed, but I don't know how to get Patch J (it just asks for an application, where do I send it?)

Thanks!

Just run it. It should install itself.

I also get the woc_installer.jar not found error. I am installing AND on a fresh copy of RoM 2.91 full. I have tried with UAC both on and off. I have tried the lite, recommended and full installs. I get the error every single time. It is becoming rather frustrating since I tried an earlier version of this mod and enjoyed it greatly. I also don't have a log file in my RoM directory.

Are you sure you are installing it in the right place?
Do you have Java installed?

der. I forgot to change the install directory from ../Firaxis/.. to ../2k Games/.., and that is all it was.

I have a peculiar problem. I try to launch the installer and I am informed with an "application corrupt" error. I'm not sure what to do. I tried re-downloading it several times, all of which seemed to go without any errors, but it didn't work at all. Messing around with various other options (compatibility mode, launch as admin) had no effect either.
I am running Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom