Hannibal/Quatronia Diplomacy

Well I don't know what's going on with this OB deal. Maybe I"m doing something wrong. I select OB from the diplo window but it never sticks. They never say anything about it?

Are we supposed to log in and simply wait 48 hours until they log in and then do a deal that way or what?

Well for some reason they are not doing it.

Are they a total rookie team? I'm getting that impression.

They may be rookies. Or at least inactive. They have not responded to our latest email.

Outwardly, we should continue to be friendly with them, but I think we need to search for more valuable friends.

He told me to always send him a pvm on the forum if there is a problem with his DIPLO guys. I did so and yet I'm not getting any response. :crazyeye:

Who ever thought diplo was easy was fooling themselves I guess. I can certainly see problems if ended up on the same side of a war, we wouldn't even be able to co-ordinate anything with them.

I am starting to agree here, lets find someone else who is at least talkable to ally with if we have to make choices. We are sitting here with MC sling-shot, and they don't seem that excited to capitalize off it when I thought we were offering overly generous deals.

Alright, I logged in T-54 and I see they finally accepted.

We need to set up another diplo thread. I got a pvm from Summer, seems the Amazon (Virgins) have finally met us. They told me they were holding up the turn because they sent us a diplo e-mail and were waiting for a response from us.

I find it very un-professional (yeah, yeah, I know it's just a game), that Hannibal has alpha now, and yet their team STILL didn't so much as email us a god damnned notification, or deal, or anything. WTF is up with this team? Either they are pretty dense, or they probably have decided they'll BS us later on (with someone else). I just don't get it. Makes me more than ever feel our #1 ally should be the Amazon Virgins for now.

Anyway, SEND THEM another message for now. See if they want Mono perhaps, for Hunting, Animal Husbandry, and Meditation? Hmm, maybe we can get sailing out of the deal too, in case Cyrus won't give it. Tell them we are just finishing off sailing as well. Remind them they can save a precious 25% on hammers right now with their religion.

Do it fast, or else Cyrus may beat us to this deal.

Dear Team Quatronia,

Not hearing from the friendly nation of Quatronia saddens the Maverick people! Give us a sign of life so that are people may know that your nation still lives strong!

We noticed that the technology situation is now much different than when we last communicated. We would like to propose a trade to be done on this current turn, if you would be interested.

We would like to offer the secrets of Monotheism, which will grant the Buddhist zealots the fervor to construct buildings faster, in exchange for the knowledge of Animal Husbandry, Hunting and Meditation.

We look forward to your response,

Best,

TheMike
Team Mavericks Diplomat

Looks like a decent deal to me. Beakerwise we gain more, but technically Mono is less available than the others. On the other hand again, if we don't trade Mono NOW, Cyrus possibly may so it's best to maximize off this while we still can.

I'm still curious.. who the HELL got screwed over on failed Mono gambit? I suspect we f*cked over someone who tried to nail Poly, then they decided to try for a second time and go for Mono, f*cked over by the Mavericks again!!

Think a third time is a charm with Theology? lol

I have my suspicions it was Pacal, but we'll see. Any other nominations?

Is there something I could add to help expedite the trade? Like ask them to initiate the trade in the trade window?

Trade is initiated. Let's hope they see it when they log in. So far Willem has logged in more than once. I SUSPECT they could be either tweaking their turn, or they are currently dealing with Cyrus who was logged in before us. Both times he came in and left pretty fast, probably checking trade deal.

For now, I"ll assume Willem knows Cyrus. I'm not sure if it's legal for us to ask Cyrus if they KNOW Willem, if we haven't met him yet ourself?

Anyhow, I suspect Hannibal may not like our trade deal, unless they get priest in there as well. We will see. I sure hope we get AH this turn, so I can maybe divert our FW to those plots instead.

Maybe it's cause I'm tired. Not sure what FA means? I thought you meant f*ck off at first, lol. Don't think that's what you were getting at.

I am begging for permission to DoW on Carthage this turn. That MAY bring them back to the barganing table again after losing OB benefit. I bet you they'll play stupid and act like their diplo guy was not doing his job again.... and I bet you again the first thing they'll do is ask for OB again.

Sure, I support a little Trireme diplomacy anyway... Granted we don't have them yet, but still. We get Sailing somehow, whip a trireme just so they can see it sailing around - that should get their attention...

Top Bottom