Ragnar Diplomacy

In lack of response, and in respect to the Snaaty's idea and DMOC's support of the message above I took the liberty and I sent the DMOC's draft. I think we shouldn't stall and wait on this issue anymore. The question now is should we maybe send similar proposals to other teams with no religion?

Well, as for the current turn, I can't move our southern boat any further. We are blocked by Ragnar.

I guess I might as well reverse it and send it home since maybe we can use it for clams if nothing changes soon.

Also, seems Ragnar is letting everyone else through but us... typical.

Greetings Mavericks,

We have read through and discussed your proposal. While it is a very tempting offer we will have to decline as it can not be fit within the framework of the current agreements we have running

Regards
Robi, Team CDZ

Do we need any official answer to this?

And how about offering something like this to the Amazon or Sirius? They don't have any religions also.

It's tough when teams turn against us the instant we meet them.

Technically, I believe Ragnar turned against us before he even met us.

I see Carthage has now squeezed another city next to his to contest tiles. So tension should grow even more between them. You would THINK that maybe Ragnar, who should know we are on the other side of his contesting opponent would try to get us in an ally position with him. I just don't understand this...

I suppose we could run a mega bluff... and e-mail Ragnar telling him we are tired of this 4v1 thing, and are willing to just ceed off all our cities to Carthage and quit right now if no one gives us anything. Hehe. That may get a response :p

Could Ragnar be unwilling to deal with us because of our OB with Quatronia? It seems unusual that they would settle so near each other and still be allies, unless they are coordinating some defensive city placement scheme with each other.

Technically, I believe Ragnar turned against us before he even met us.

I see Carthage has now squeezed another city next to his to contest tiles. So tension should grow even more between them. You would THINK that maybe Ragnar, who should know we are on the other side of his contesting opponent would try to get us in an ally position with him. I just don't understand this...

I suppose we could run a mega bluff... and e-mail Ragnar telling him we are tired of this 4v1 thing, and are willing to just ceed off all our cities to Carthage and quit right now if no one gives us anything. Hehe. That may get a response :p

that could just end up in a DoW from the 4 trying to grab the cities before we give them away

I don't see that could happen.

Anyway, how about I make a public post on the main forum, asking if it's ok if we gift all our cities to Hannibal, since we are tired of the 4v1 thing :p

Just maybe suddenly everyone will want to be friends again.

I don't see that could happen.

Anyway, how about I make a public post on the main forum, asking if it's ok if we gift all our cities to Hannibal, since we are tired of the 4v1 thing :p

Just maybe suddenly everyone will want to be friends again.

No obsolete. That just looks very, very childish, especially after the way last game unfolded. This is how the game has unfolded. Yea, it sucks but these are the cards we've been dealt. We play this out and take as many down with us as possible.

Yep, grow some balls. 4v1 is not as bad as it seems, we have enough good players to have some kind of chance.

i like the overall situation, although its not like we have hoped and planned in the beginning;). we can now go for an early war and ignore all diplomatic restrictions. it wont lead to victory, but it will be lots of fun, playing without the pressure of winning the game. and like others already said, we still can do real damage to other teams, waging offensive wars (at least in the beginning):p

We should test their loyalty now. We should draft up a letter, telling them we have a chariot in range to capture one of Carthage's cities now on the continent. And ask if they would like us to gift it to them. Or else, we may raze it.

Though, I'm not sure if I razing is allowed in this game. If not, even better. If they say not interested, then no biggie.

Mmm, so why no reply yet. Don't we have more than one diplomember still around?

Anyhow, I just sent a very worrisome pvm to Rargnar's team. Let's see what response we get.

Well that was a super fast response:

BCLG100 said:
obsolete said:
Carthage has just switched to Music and will have so in 6 turns. We have received word from up the grape-vine that members on their team have intention to blast your neighbouring cities away with a culture bomb.

You didn't hear this from me though, this conversation did not take place.

Thanks for telling us this, where was the information procured from? Naturally we can't just believe everything an opposing team tells us :)

Another:

BCLG100 said:
obsolete said:
BCLG100 said:
obsolete said:
Carthage has just switched to Music and will have so in 6 turns. We have received word from up the grape-vine that members on their team have intention to blast your neighbouring cities away with a culture bomb.

You didn't hear this from me though, this conversation did not take place.

Thanks for telling us this, where was the information procured from? Naturally we can't just believe everything an opposing team tells us :)

I'm not sure it's technically allowed within the rules, but something that is unavoidable. Quite a few members on our team, regularly play with a few members on their team. So information is constantly leaked between us, as has been happening all long, which so far has been legit.

To currently back things up, we also have spy points on them enough to concur they are indeed on music and when they will get it. However, we have been told not 100% of their team were in favour of the culture bomb and want to use it for a golden-age instead, but a significant number are voting to either flip your city(s?) or force you to hand them over.

I'm not going to try to prove it to you as you'll find out eventually. Just wanted to give you a HEADS-UP on what is going on since they renegaded on us badly very early in the game and I have no problems letting their neighbours know what's up.

Hey,

Apologies if my reply sounded blunt, it was not intended to do so and we do appreciate the information. I don't think it's against the rules- these things happen in games such as this.

There is a chance we'll want to talk more about different things should this occur, have you and Indiansmokes team managed to sort an alliance out between you?

Regards
BCLG

This is quite interesting, I actually like this lie(you made up your "inside source" right?) as it is a semi-bluff but everything you say you know must be true. They are going for music and they must be considering a culture bomb so I think its ok because the info we're telling them is true.

What's more interesting is the response we're getting, something I thought might happen to one of the teams sooner or later I just didn't expect these guys to do it. Clearly, all the teams in the 4 team alliance are already thinking about which one of them will be the strongest as a result and if its not their own team, what can they do to stop them? These guys are clearly opportunists. They were rude to us when they met us because frankly, they didn't care about us. But now I bet they're worried that Carthage may run away with things at their expense.

We need to think of the best way to take advantage of this but kudos to obsolete for getting the ball rolling. I suggest continue the dialogue with them, leaking small details (and perhaps insinuations about their allies) and soon enough they may come to us with some sort of concrete offer.

On the other hand, they may just be seeking safe passage home for their galley in which case it may be a ploy. We should still reconsider whether we should DOW them over a galley now.

But now I bet they're worried that Carthage may run away with things at their expense.

Actually, not any longer. I sent them yet another follow up, that is going to make Carthage look like the least of their problems. No response yet, so I assume they are in deep thought mode right now.

Top Bottom