Kjotleik's LongPlay 2.0

Kjotleik

Kjotleik
Kjotleiks LongPlay 2.0

Here is the long awaited update to KLP, the Kjotleiks LongPlay 2.0!

Why you want Kjotleiks LongPlay 2.0?

* 3 new GameSpeeds: Aeon (2k), Millennium (3k) and tor od-paam (7k).
* 6 new WorldSizes: Big, MegaBig, GigaBig, SuperBig, HyperBig and UltraBig!
* 4 new technologies (all "stolen" from OrionVeteran, by the way... thanks...)
* New units: A lot of aeroplanes (from Aviation Mod by....yes, OrionVeteran...)
+ Hospital Ship
+ Super Carrier (can carry ALL Air Units)
+ Coast Guard Cutter (to protect your coastal tiles...by... "you should know who by now!"
* When settled in a City: Great Merchants, Great Scientists and Great Prophets all yield +1 FOOD!
* Cities alone can hold up to 10 Air Units (when Airfield & Airport are constructed) [City: 2, Airfield: 2, Airport: 6]
* Cultural defenses changed (Walls are no longer a total waste of hammers in border-cities early in the game!)
None(2%), Poor(4%), Fledgling(8%), Developing(16%), Refined(32%), Influential(64%) and Legendary(128%).
* Buildings & Technologies no longer counted towards Military Power...
* Food kept from Granary reduced to 25% (to weaken Slavery).
* Temples required to build Missionaries.
Monasteries +1 Research Point to compensate.
* New Public School available with Education (req. Printing Press), to be built before Monasteries go obsolete at Scientific Method.
* Discount on unit-production removed from Marathon Speed.
* Technology-costs increased for Medieval, Renaissance, Industrial and Modern eras.
* Technology-costs decreased for Ancient era.
* +1 Movement point for Naval units at Optics, Astronomy & Steam Power.
* Gunships can now move into (and fight in) Coastal tiles.
BUT! They are given a heavy penalty fighting Naval Units to compensate for this capability.
* Bombers CAN sink ships! And destroy other units as well (but Fighters cannot).
* Max 4 World Wonders and 3 National Wonders per city.
* Peace Treaty length is now 30 turns.
* Max XP kept after upgrade is 99.

Download Kjotleik's LongPlay 2.0 here...!

Please note that all constructive feedback is welcome. Even if it should be negative! As long as it is constructive and well-reasoned, I do appreciate it regardless!

There is no modder-made civilizations in this mod. The reason is the huge amount of space it would require... Please download civilizations from the many fine Civ-modders on this forum!

This mod is tested, and works with, BTS 3.19 & BUG 4.4 (CustomAssets-installed). But you must copy the [Config]-folder from CustomAssets into the [Mods/Kjotleiks LongPlay 2.0/Assets]-folder in order for BUG to function properly with the mod. And remember to change the NoCustomAssets from 1 to 0 in the [Kjotleiks_LongPlay_2.0.ini]-file!

For credits... se the Credits.txt and Information.txt files in the download...

Yours Sincerely

Kjotleik of Norway:)

I might try this, and see how big a mapsize and slow a speed I can go to before I get a CTD. Nice work! :D

'Do expect some memory failure errors if you combine the largest maps with the slowest speeds'.
I'm not a computer expert, but shouldn't that be 'faster'? After all, more things happen at a time when playing at quick than at Marathon.

'Do expect some memory failure errors if you combine the largest maps with the slowest speeds'.
I'm not a computer expert, but shouldn't that be 'faster'? After all, more things happen at a time when playing at quick than at Marathon.

Faster speeds means less turns = less data to process. So, no it is correct with "slower".
I'm no computer expert either, but the above mentioned line seems logical to me...

@General Olaf: I look forward to your report on CTD's! As playing a game for testing-purposes takes Aeons:)rolleyes:) I have yet to encounter one...But then again, I have only tested Millennium speed with SuperBig size...just reaching the AD's at the moment.

Yours Sincerely

Game report so far: No CTD's yet :p, but (playing on an Archipelago map) my continent is an iceball and possibly isolated :lol: Playing on Millenium speed, got my cap to size 4 on T221, having built a Settler and a Worker there in that time.

And also: When Stonehenge takes 240 turns to build, it's kinda funny when someone else builds it after putting 200 turns of work into it :lol:

I do not even dare to imagine Sid Sushi on an archipelago map of the largest map type :shake:

Started another Archipelago, this time on Normal/biggest map, and I'm isolated again :lol: I get the feeling the generators are scaling the distances between landmasses up, which isn't really ideal. Mind you, at least this continent is semi-decent :p

I get the feeling the generators are scaling the distances between landmasses up, which isn't really ideal.

Well, I haven't really read through the Python-code in the mapscripts. I don't really know Python, you know. But if the scripts contain a set percentage of the water-to-land ration, then there is logic in the fact that more water is between the continents. It must be this way if the percentage of water is to remain constant on larger maps.

You could try Cephalo's PerfectWorld2, also included in the Map-folder of my mod. You will not be isolated, but have pockets of Grasslands to fight over! This is true as there will also be vast expanses of desert in the middle of continents. And a lot of Plains-land will be found as well. I could suggest other mapscripts as well, but I have only tried this one yet...play-testing that involves writing down things that happen in the game takes a long...no make that very long...time.

I hope you get a feeling about how the settings work in your games. I'm interested in what you conclude on topics like the one above. Come to think of it, I may remember wrong...but I do suddenly get this feeling it is possible to change the water-percentage in the PerfectWorld2 mapscript. I'll have to check it out. You can do that as well, if you like. Just open the mapscript in Notepad, and read from the top. There are some options that can be changed, I do think water-percentage is one of them...hmmm!

Yours Sincerely

Thanks, I might try that. I was reluctant to try PerfectWorld on a massive map size, but it would be the best Civ map ever :D

Top Bottom