Civ 5 doesn't run when i choose directx11 anymore

bannoura

Chieftain
Hey, My PC specs are fine as i played the game for 60 hours before this problem started to happen, I believe it happened after the latest win 7 update i got. I can run the game on directx9 just fine but when i choose directx10 & 11, the game just gives me a quick black screen and crashes before i can blink my eye. It used to work before as i mentioned on both, now it only works for directx9 . I have all my drivers update including my sound card. I also DO NOT get an error message at all.

Probably not the correct answer, because he can start it, but it crashes (we have btw. our own Tech FAQ, where this is also listed ;)).

Please give us your DxDiag (my what?!?), then we'll probably be able to say a bit more. But I'd suspect some outdated graphics card drivers.

Please give us your DxDiag (my what?!?), then we'll probably be able to say a bit more. But I'd suspect some outdated graphics card drivers.

should be attached.

sry took a while to respond , i was outta town

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    49 KB · Views: 219
I am wondering if there is some virtualization going on in the mother board as posted here?

Had this same problem. My motherboard Z77 extreme3 came with Virtu MVP GPU Virtualization software. Going into it's config under applications and disabling the virtualization for civ5 made it work.

As I posted in the other thread, there is something odd about the display memory virtualization. If it is not the motherboard then perhaps the windows memory allocation file is corrupted and needs to be re-alocated?

The DXDIAG looked fine to me. Glad to hear you got it working though. Curious to know what was wrong...

Probably not the correct answer, because he can start it, but it crashes (we have btw. our own Tech FAQ, where this is also listed ;)).

Right, this section is intended for where the DirectX 11 option is grayed out, not for problems running the game in DirectX mode. I probably should reword that.

k i got it to work, this is gonna sound weird, but i had the same issue with far cry 3 and then i found this ;

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...-Solutions-gt-Far-Cry3-Has-Stopped-Responding

Solution 3 basically fixed my far cry 3 issue and civ 5 as well. I guess i had corrupted files, which is weird since i just recently formatted my PC. Thanks for the help

Interesting. So I figure it was either a DirectX problem, or something wrong with Visual C++. Since I don't know specifically what happened, I'm not sure which fixed it or what the actual problem was. I can't rule out a .net problem, either.

Top Bottom