Platy World Builder

Actually it is more or less in a stable state.
There shouldn't be any bugs I guess, besides the ctd which I have no idea how to settle.
Any further additions will simply be changing of interface or additional functions which may be useful for some users but not necessary.
In other words, luxury function :)
The last part will be shifting one function back to unused 3rd icon.
Problem is if it is something other than change all plots, I probably have to include a new python file just to display hover text.

Updates

Not a single new feature :D

Added Plot Data accessibility here as well. You want it, you get it.
The traditional method of accessing plot data is still there, for whoever is actually aware of such a weird method to access.
For those who never know that it actually exist before... now you get an obvious method to access it.

1) Features used to be just Jungles and Forests.
Now expanded to all features. For whoever likes to see a whole lake filled with Ice.
Again, features will only be placed in tiles where it is possible to have them.
Thus, oasis for instance will not appear on all desert tiles, because of the <bNoAdjacent> tag.

2) Features and Routes are now added to Change All Plots options.
Fill up a whole map with railroads if you like.
Again, it is not going to appear on impassable plots or water plots.

I don't see the point of adding improvements and bonus to change area plots or change all plots, but if you need these 2, can easily add them in.

Thank you Platyping for:

- Set Winner :sleep:

- Access Plot Data :cool:

- and for the rest of course :goodjob:

Weekly update of French translations in attachment.

Since not so much to do, thought it could be useful to add all tags in German, Italian and Spanish as well, filled with English texts. Easier also for a possible translation into these three languages.

Cheers :)

1) Apply the * to indicate Dead to other relevant pages, such as Player Data Screen

2) Kill Player shifted out from Player Data Screen, parked under Game Commands now

3) Great People Progress Screen

A) Great People Rate shifted in.
B) Added a Total Progress. (Notes: Total Progress need not = Sum of all individuals)

4) Diplomacy Screen

A) Fixed a bug where current player is dead
B) Added a Show Dead option, to allow chatting with the dead... Off by Default
C) Towards Player/Others applied to every page instead of just espionage page
Example in Screenshot, Elizabeth is Free Vassal of Player.
If Towards Others is activated instead, it will show Elizabeth is Master of Player.

5) Version Page

Don't think there will be any new features, just put it into the vacant 3rd button.
Don't see a point of shifting change all plots back here.

6) Global Defines
Data loaded directly from GlobalDefines.xml file.
No longer hardcoded, so all of them are in.
However, for some reasons, gc.getDefineSTRING(XYZ) does not work for me, so you can only edit those INT or FLOAT ones.

7) Promotion Screen
Correctly sorted, it now goes from Combat I, II to VI rather than some weird order.

depends if advanced diplomacy edits any of the same files at this. if so it should work if it is merged in!

Also depends whether any python functions are altered by the SDK

Updates

1) Added Multi Tile function to Erase Mode.
You can now erase many tiles at 1 go.

2) Added Erase All function.
Mass Destruction... No idea if anyone actually needs this, but since there is a reveal/unreveal all, i put it there.

3) Added a 3rd python file, CvGameUtils, just to display help text.
Not necessary if you find it difficult to merge, although there are less than 5 lines...
No effect on the performance of the functions, but just to display the hover text to tell you what the "Erase All" button is supposed to be.

4) Rewrite goody check for Game Options (No Goody Hut)
Now code checks whether tile isGoody() instead of whether improvement type == Goody Hut
The previous code only checks for BTS Goody Hut.
The new code will work even for modified Goody Huts, like those on water.

Last update comes exactly 4 years after BtS...

Your 'Kill Player' is a bit radical! It is tempting to click the button and pfffhh... you're dead! (if you haven't changed the player - you by default).

Weekly update of French translations included.

Ahem, that one is to trick those with itchy fingers who cannot resist pressing it.
Well, I can disable it for human players if necessary.

I think so (says the one with itchy fingers)! or add a confirmation pop-up?

To me, confirmation is useless, since if he can understand the confirmation message, he can understand what kill player means.

Actually, more because adding a human check is just 1 line :)

Then add a disclaimer! You'd be surprised what stupidity users do... :mischief:

But right, adding a human check is a good thing.

Updates

1) Updated French translations

2) Kill Player now displays as Kill XXX, where XXX is Player Name.
If you see your name there and still press...
Refer to screenshot

3) Shifted Game Options out of Game Data.
Park it directly in vacant 3rd Slot, which was used temporarily to store Version.

4) Changed some buttons. Refer to screenshot

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 167
Merged all Text files back into one file to make it simpler for merging into mods.
World Builder is pretty much completed, so unless there are any bug reports or request for new features, there shouldn't be any further updates.

Updates

Uses isLimitedWonderClass to replace some old codes to include Team Wonders, although I almost never see them before.

Updates

Added option to show all or just visible options.
If a mod hides some options, there should be a reason like that option is still in development or has some bugs etc.

In other words, don't touch it usually.

So by default, it will now just show what is visible to players, but if you are stubborn and want to change what is hidden, go ahead.

Notes:
Sometimes the values of the hidden options may not be what they should be as defined in the XML, due to switching of mods.
So in a sense this WB is useful to confirm whether you are playing with correct options recommended by the modders.

Edit:
On hindsight, added a 3rd choice, Hidden Options just to display the hidden ones.
This new feature of 3 choices only appears if your mod has hidden options.
If there are no hidden options, you get the same screen as previous options. (Since there are no hidden ones, what is the point of switching among these 3 views)

A suggestion for the options that is related the the "Note" part of your post is that perhaps an indication of what the default setting for each could be good. Sometimes options, particularly hidden options, are set to be On instead of Off by default. It can be useful to know this (without having to look through the XML), especially for hidden options.

Maybe something like "(X)" after the end of the name of any option that defaults to being On, and a note on the screen about what it means. Or perhaps something in the hover text for each with "Default: " and "Off" or "On" as appropriate. A third option is color coding, although you might want to be careful about that as some people are colorblind in varying ways, and/or making the text bold or italic or both.

Havent bothered to explore how to add hover texts for them so currently that is out of question.
So I guess this will do.

Note that this X and O thingy only appears in Hidden Mode.
Don't think necessary in All or Visible Mode.

P.S.
Obviously those game options are modified just to test if codes are correct

Top Bottom