Can't build Broadcast Tower

rev063

Chieftain
Had a fun game playing Songhai for an OCC cultural victory. One weird bug I encountered on the way: after I finished Radio, the game wouldn't let me build a Broadcast Tower (it didn't even appear in the list of buildings to produce). Possibly related: the social policy that gives you a free cultural building never gave me a free building: when I completed it, I already had a Monument, but Temples were not yet available. I'd expected to get a free Temple when the time came, but never did. I'm guessing maybe it was expecting to give me a free Broadcast Tower, which is why I couldn't build it. Save game attached -- Radio is complete, but I can't build the Broadcast Tower. (Game started and finished in .332)

Huh, that's weird. I'm sure I didn't, and it didn't appear in the list of buildings in the city view either. Not sure if I was getting the culture bonus though -- I didn't check that.

I'm now getting this too. Every load from save has me getting spammed with advisor messages I've already turned off. I'm also not able to build broadcast towers. It's really killing me because I'm getting killed with unhappiness due to citizens wanting to change to autocracy since my culture is getting drowned out. Any suggestions?

Edit: I should also mention for full disclosure that the intro video somehow magically turned back on. Was there an auto patch through steam recently?

Top Bottom