[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

So I noticed a little booboo in 0.21 when playing a multiplayer game. Very tiny thing, but it may as well be mentioned I figure. Something is skewed with the "Orthus axe has changed owner" (or whatever it says) message. It just displays "TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_ORTHUSS_AXE".

Anyhew! :goodjob:

Its not one shot, it changes as you change religion. Here are the effects:

1. The Order- will always make you good.
2. Runes of Kilmorph- Will make evil leaders neutral.
3. Fellowship of Leaves- Doesnt effect alignment.
4. Octopus Overlords- Will make good leaders neutral.
5. The Ashen Veil- will always make you evil.

But shouldn't the effect be reversed if you stop following that religion? I was only Runes for about 10 turns but when I stopped my alignment didn't switch back. It meant that even with picking an 'evil' religion in OO, and with an evil civilization, I was still neutral. It just seemed a bit out of character flavour-wise was all.

So I noticed a little booboo in 0.21 when playing a multiplayer game. Very tiny thing, but it may as well be mentioned I figure. Something is skewed with the "Orthus axe has changed owner" (or whatever it says) message. It just displays "TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_ORTHUSS_AXE".

Anyhew! :goodjob:

Yeah, I'll fix that in patch "b".

No Hyborem here. Installed 0.21, was first to discover the Ashen Veil, and there are only 7 other civs left so there should be plenty of room. I've played for around 20 turns past the discovery of the religion. Am I missing something?

Hyborem now spawns with the discovery of "Infernal Pact", which requires you be Ashen Veil, not with Corruption of Spirit, which founds the Ashen Veil.

Is hellfire ritual removed? Can you be in peace with barbarians if you are AV? I didn't see helfire on rituals page, and without it I can't cast hellfire with high priests.

Why was eternal flame removed? I love the mod, and recently I have been trying to with through tower of mastery, and it is exceddingly difficult to get all the mana neccessarry through wonders, holy cities, mana resources and trading. Using eternal flame to trade for other mana was often helpful.

In general it might be nice if there were a few more ways (perhaps wonders) to get different mana types.

I cant install 21 :cry:

Code:
"error opening file for writing:

C:/Program\Fireaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall From Heaven 2 021\Fall From Heaven 2 021.ini

And if i ignore, next thing is error and so on...

I cant install 21 :cry:

Code:
"error opening file for writing:

C:/Program\Fireaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall From Heaven 2 021\Fall From Heaven 2 021.ini

And if i ignore, next thing is error and so on...

Actually your installation-path looks extremly weird. Are you sure that's where your Civ is installed? (Sorry for asking the obvious first ;))

No Hyborem here. Installed 0.21, was first to discover the Ashen Veil, and there are only 7 other civs left so there should be plenty of room. I've played for around 20 turns past the discovery of the religion. Am I missing something?

Hyborem isnt spawned with the founding of the veil but by the first civ that discovers infernal pact.

Is hellfire ritual removed? Can you be in peace with barbarians if you are AV? I didn't see helfire on rituals page, and without it I can't cast hellfire with high priests.

Yes, its a consequence of the armageddon counter now, not a ritual.

Why was eternal flame removed? I love the mod, and recently I have been trying to with through tower of mastery, and it is exceddingly difficult to get all the mana neccessarry through wonders, holy cities, mana resources and trading. Using eternal flame to trade for other mana was often helpful.

In general it might be nice if there were a few more ways (perhaps wonders) to get different mana types.

The fire sphere was already good enough without having a wonder that made it even better. We will probably see more wonders that grant mana types in the furture, but probably not 3 fire.

You know I have just started reading Lovecraft the other day, and I think I may have stumbled on one of your insperations for the Octopus Overlords.
Am I right?
It also makes me wonder will the Mitheral golem ever battle the Cthulhu?

Definitely some cthulhu stuff (as in the highest leader ranking) I too would like to see some sort of possible event where cthulhu "calls" weird things show up, a naval barb cthulhu maybe appears.

Actually now that I think of it, it would be real cool for the three "lesser" religions to have a random event that may or may not occur (chance based on their religious influence and AC) cthulhu, earthquakes, and new mtns, sudden swarm of animals + treants (ooh ooh, howsabout barbarian Guardian vines spawn on every forest tile, now that would be annoying) just a thought

Also if you just read lovecraft, I recommend this site http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/?date=2003-11-30

I just played a game as Valledia, the new 21-Version, but unpatched yet. I don't know, what went wrong but 4 of 9 Civs are near the end of the tech tree (I am one of them) but no one founds the Ashen Veil. I could do it myself but what for? It would take 1 Round for me, should be the same for the more advanced Civs, shouldn't it? I even gave 'Ways of the Wicked' to all Evil Civs on the Map, this was 150 Rounds ago, but nothing. Thus no Basium either of course. The game is nearly over and no Armageddon? I am afraid, this is not really intentional, is it?

Great mod. but I just got this while playing the infernals:
Memory allocation failure - exiting program.
reson:bad allocation

What is that and why?
I have a suggestion for the Illians. The Lord of winter could be reborn through: 1st a wonder or ritual that brings some sort of mini iceage and then the civ has to build the unite (gathering the pieces and performing some rituals over the body of the god of winter).

But i have to agree with evlutte, some events for the neutral religons whould be fun.
One other thing. Shouldn´t the armagedon counter be able to swing the other way? instead of hell on earth, it whould be heaven on earth.

just some suggestions. keep up the good work.

MAF happens whenever a mod (or map) uses too much memory. Actually its bad coding on firaxis side. its no "bug" as vanilla Civ doesn't use as much memory as most mods, still its something they could have avoided.

The "bigger" a mod, the smaller the map can be without encountering MAF. BUT: there is a workaround that will be implemented in ViSas next release iirc, and which should be made public to other mod makers once its "polished". At least thats what I read from the ViSa forums.

Till that workaround is implemented into FfH2 there are just a few things you can do:

1) choose small maps
2) save often
3) restart your computer regularly

The bigger the mod, the bigger the map, the longer you play, the quicker you get the MAF.

More memory on your side does help, a bit. But it doesn't solve the problem. neither do the suggested counteractions.

Though hopefully once the workaround code is implemented in the major mods, MAFs will occur much less frequently.

Hello,

Because I'm not currently at war with the Luchiurp I really don't care but if I have plans for westward expansion I want to report this...

Apparently Barnaxus is not working as a world unit should (only one, blah, blah, blah). After getting repeated messages that Barnaxas has been created [born?]... I looked into the Dwarven cities & discovered that Beeri had in fact 57 Barnax(i). Maybe I'll just stay on my little island for now.

Thanks for the note on MAF - I've been irritated by it for well over a year now - it's good to know that I'm not the only one who sees it.

Thanks,
Seamus

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 155
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 135
Kael said:
Originally Posted by Kael View Post
Its not one shot, it changes as you change religion. Here are the effects:

1. The Order- will always make you good.
2. Runes of Kilmorph- Will make evil leaders neutral.
3. Fellowship of Leaves- Doesnt effect alignment.
4. Octopus Overlords- Will make good leaders neutral.
5. The Ashen Veil- will always make you evil.

But shouldn't the effect be reversed if you stop following that religion? I was only Runes for about 10 turns but when I stopped my alignment didn't switch back. It meant that even with picking an 'evil' religion in OO, and with an evil civilization, I was still neutral. It just seemed a bit out of character flavour-wise was all.

I agree with Colin, I think that if you switch away from Runes or Octopus then you should revert back to your original alignment, otherwise everyone will be neutral that has been any religion except Order or Vale.
In my current game, I've got big demons coming into play from my planar gates, Use Death & Enthropy magic but I'm still Neutral as I spent a few turns following the Runes.
I think all civs which turn away from the religion should revert back to their original alignment.

Top Bottom