Ice Breakers?

EdgarSalas

Chieftain
Hi, i'm new in this forum but old with Civilization (SNES, PSX and PC Versions).

I don't "speak" english but i have an idea that want to share.

Could create a unit that breaks the ice? Some naval units are wasted in areas without an exit.

Thank you all!!!

This comes up a lot and the consensus is that most people want ice breakers but it's never been a top priority.

I actually just made a suggestion for this over in the Ideas&Suggestions forum, where it was a UU replacement for a workboat in an Inuit/Canadian/Other Far Northern civ. My idea is that it has all the abilities of a workboat, but has an additional action allowing it to move onto an ice tile and remove the ice for coast or ocean (unit consumed upon action).

What if workboats could break ice? It might consume the work boat but it may be worth it to provide a surface navy with routes through the polar regions.

I concur. Work boats should be able to break ice. Ice breakers exist so they should be incorporated into the game.

I would love it if global warming made a comeback, perhaps after a certain threshold of world hammers and use of nuclear weapons. What Civ was that from?

Top Bottom