Browsing the Steam Workshop I encountered an interesting idea for nukes

Psychoward

Chieftain
On this page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=163863301&searchtext=

RancidHorizon6 wrote
awesome mod and idea. As far as making it balanced, nuclear weapons shouldn't be balanced. They are an unbalanced weapon. The only thing that balances one nuclear weapon is another nuclear weapon. That's why I think an awesome idea for a mod would be to fundamentally change nuclear weapons work in the game, and make them take two turns to reach their target.

That way, if someone tried to nuke someone else who had nukes, just like in real life they could detect a strike coming and respond with their own strike. That way it would be just like it was in the cold war between the USA and USSR. So nukes would be very valuable to have, but mostly as a precautionary measure. But if the other side didn't have nukes, then you'd be free to use them. I wonder if this idea is even feasible... (from a technical/modding/amount of work standpoint) if it was I'd be very eager to play it.

I thought this was a really intriguing idea, and I was wondering what everyone else thought of it?

With simultaneous turns, you get something similar to what you propose anyway.

The issue is still "one guy gets nukes built 10+ turns before the next fastest guy, and the next fastest guy's empire is still smoldering ash".

I rather like them in all of their civ iterations :).

-Nuclear Launch Detected
(look for red dot)

I think this would allow you too much time to move your units to safety.

If we were to make a change I would suggest the creation of defensive nukes which counter-attack anyone who nukes your city.

You drop a nuke on my city and it auto launches it's nuke back at you before yours hits me. (only 1 nuke per city allowed because the rest would be destroyed obviously)

both the attacker and defender get stuck in nuclear apocolyps

Top Bottom