Music in Gods and Kings

I sure hope not!
That's our national anthem and I don't like the idea of national anthem's being the Civs theme music. Apart from that, it's not a terribly nice sounding one, unfortunately.
Though anything is better than that horrible carnival/circus sounding music the Dutch had in Civ IV :(

I can't think of what it actually will end up being for the Dutch though...

Ha I thought the Dutch music in Civ IV sounded good up until the modern era when the carnival began. From that moment on I couldn't take William very seriously

Ha I thought the Dutch music in Civ IV sounded good up until the modern era when the carnival began. From that moment on I couldn't take William very seriously

Bahahaha. It sounded like something out of a Banjo-Kazooie game. Poor Willem doesn't get any respect.

I remember that the composers provided a site for people to listen to Vanilla Civ shortly before release. I wonder if they'd do that again for the expansion.

What kind of theme should Gustavus Adolphus have? The Swedish national anthem? Or something else?

I could imagine them using "Fjäriln vingad syns på Haga". It's one of the more well-known traditional Swedish songs, written during the 18th century by Carl Michael Bellman. It could make for a great orchestration, I think.

Here's a link to an English version of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACyYbupyNgc

That's a great song, but it's just a couple of decades behind Gustavus Adolphus' lifetime. I wonder if there are Renaissance alternatives? For some of the leaders, like Augustus, Ramesses, Kamehameha, Nebuchadnezzar and Sejong they chose music from their time period, or even named after them/dedicated to them, and/or written/composed during their lifetime....

That's a great song, but it's just a couple of decades behind Gustavus Adolphus' lifetime. I wonder if there are Renaissance alternatives? For some of the leaders, like Augustus, Ramesses, Kamehameha, Nebuchadnezzar and Sejong they chose music from their time period, or even named after them/dedicated to them, and/or written/composed during their lifetime....

Not all leaders had themes from their lifetime. Catherine had Prokofiev. Bismarck had Ode to Joy, Elizabeth had I vow to thee, My country. and so on

Augustus' music was altered heavily,
Ramesses' music was based on ancient music, but I'm not sure what group made them.
Nebuchadnezzar's music is based on Hurrian Hymn (not exactly the same as Babylonian music but close)

Not all leaders had themes from their lifetime. Catherine had Prokofiev. Bismarck had Ode to Joy, Elizabeth had I vow to thee, My country. and so on

Augustus' music was altered heavily,
Ramesses' music was based on ancient music, but I'm not sure what group made them.
Nebuchadnezzar's music is based on Hurrian Hymn (not exactly the same as Babylonian music but close)

Yea, only some leaders have music from their time. But it's nice when the music matches the leader. If they can pair Gustavus Adolphus with music from his time, that'd be great. :)

Augustus and Ramesses are arguably from their time since ancient Roman/Egyptian music didn't evolve all that much, same for Nebuchadnezzar (though the problem with Nebby's is that his music is not specifically Babylonian per se).

Ok, Geoff Knorr (one of the composers) responded to my email. He said that he will reveal more information about the music when the game is released. Hopefully, he'll keep his word.

Ok, Geoff Knorr (one of the composers) responded to my email. He said that he will reveal more information about the music when the game is released. Hopefully, he'll keep his word.

thanks for the update :goodjob:

Top Bottom