Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Just a preview of things to come. Civ specific events:

Spoiler :

FYI, since this will rely on Whoward's DLL (or the Community Patch), I will be releasing this as an additional add-on as opposed to integrating it directly into E&D.

Hehe, I can see Gauls leader icon there.

Btw, Sukritact do you plan connect some of decisions with your MCIS mod? For example Venetian arsenale decision.

Hehe, I can see Gauls leader icon there.

Btw, Sukritact do you plan connect some of decisions with your MCIS mod? For example Venetian arsenale decision.
I already have.

The latest update reworked San Marco's Basilica (Rescue the Relics of St. Mark); which now provides 10% of the culture of cities which have a trade route with it. It uses MCIS.

I already have.

The latest update reworked San Marco's Basilica (Rescue the Relics of St. Mark); which now provides 10% of the culture of cities which have a trade route with it. It uses MCIS.

Ah, yeah. I forgot about it when I was translating it.

Saw this on the Reddit thread and decided to give it a try. Really like it, but I can't seem to make it past the second event without the game crashing. I'll put the lua.log below, taken immediately after the crash. Also, if it makes a difference, I'm playing on a Mac through Steam (as Austria), the only other mod being used is EUI. Not sure what you're looking for, but here's the entire log:

Edit: The log is too long to post, are there areas of it that I can omit?

Saw this on the Reddit thread and decided to give it a try. Really like it, but I can't seem to make it past the second event without the game crashing. I'll put the lua.log below, taken immediately after the crash. Also, if it makes a difference, I'm playing on a Mac through Steam (as Austria), the only other mod being used is EUI. Not sure what you're looking for, but here's the entire log:

Edit: The log is too long to post, are there areas of it that I can omit?
You should be able to paste it on pastebin. Then post a link here.

Anyone having a problem with "Hold a Holy Festival"?
It's the second time I've got a CTD and the last line of the log was about that - this doesn't mean it HAVE to be Decisions, though, just an indication. :)
Are you using Tomatekh's mods, if so are you using the latest version? I think Jan had a problem like that before, which cleared up on deleting the cache and updating to the latest version.

I started a game as Portugal and founded a city.
I was awarded 340 gold to start.
On my second turn I was told about the Casa de India decision. Wondering why I was able to enable it, I clicked the button. This subtracted the 300 gold cost from my treasury and gave me two routes.

Disliking this outcome, I reloaded the initial autosave. When I founded my city in that save, I had 680 gold. I also already had enabled this Casa de India decision. I tried to get to the actual start of the game, but the Casa de India decision was always in effect. As well, I can endlessly award myself gold to start the game.

To reproduce, put these two save files in your ModdedSaves/single/auto/prev folder, and this save in your ModdedSaves/single/auto folder. It requires JFD's Piety and Prestige, whoward's DLL mod v. 38, this mod, and Cultural Diversity.
... I can't actually upload the files as any single one of them on turn 0 is already six megabytes.

Hallo. I found these errors in my lua :

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\EventsAndDecisions_Utilities.lua:307: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\EventsAndDecisions_Utilities.lua:307: in function 'HookDecisionCivilizationIcon'
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Core\Decisions\Civ Decisions\CivDecisions.lua:355: in main chunk
=[C]: in function 'include'
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:58: in main chunk
=[C]: ?

C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua:32: bad argument #2 to 'SetValue' (Must be of type boolean, nil, number, or string)

The last one apears a lot of times

Hallo. I found these errors in my lua :

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\EventsAndDecisions_Utilities.lua:307: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\EventsAndDecisions_Utilities.lua:307: in function 'HookDecisionCivilizationIcon'
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Core\Decisions\Civ Decisions\CivDecisions.lua:355: in main chunk
=[C]: in function 'include'
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:58: in main chunk
=[C]: ?

C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua:32: bad argument #2 to 'SetValue' (Must be of type boolean, nil, number, or string)

The last one apears a lot of times
Sounds like a mod conflict somewhere; or problem with the cache. Make sure you have the latest version and clear the cache before trying again.

Updated; hopefully this helps solve some crashing issues.

So.... you changed the file found at the mediafire location? I can see this on the mediafire site. But I think that standard practice is to give some note of the date of the current version in the "splash page" with the link.

Will try it out. I am also considering using your architecture to solve an implementation problem I'm having with a social policy tweak mod. It's like PolicyPlus but more ambitious. Or like Reform and Rule but more familiar. Somewhere in the middle. :)

I'm seeing a crash that I believe is related to E&D while debugging the CP. In short, I believe one or more events/decisions from E&D are passing a bad value on to the science functions in the dll.

For example, in your core decisions lua file, you have:

Code:
local iTech = pPlayer:GetCurrentResearch()

You grab iTech here, which is fine, however if the player has no research, and you pass iTech on to other functions (like setCurrentResearch()), it passes a -1 into the dll, which causes a crash (especially if the DLL is trying to grab the attribute of a tech, where the tech is -1).

You may already know about this problem - if so, feel free to disregard. I'm fairly positive it is coming from E&D, as the call stack for the crash starts in the DLL's lua, and E&D is the only mod I'm debugging with that calls on research functions from lua.

Cheers,
G

I'm seeing a crash that I believe is related to E&D while debugging the CP. In short, I believe one or more events/decisions from E&D are passing a bad value on to the science functions in the dll.

For example, in your core decisions lua file, you have:

Code:
local iTech = pPlayer:GetCurrentResearch()

You grab iTech here, which is fine, however if the player has no research, and you pass iTech on to other functions (like setCurrentResearch()), it passes a -1 into the dll, which causes a crash (especially if the DLL is trying to grab the attribute of a tech, where the tech is -1).

You may already know about this problem - if so, feel free to disregard. I'm fairly positive it is coming from E&D, as the call stack for the crash starts in the DLL's lua, and E&D is the only mod I'm debugging with that calls on research functions from lua.

Cheers,
G
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention; I'll look into it and see where it might be causing crashes specifically.

it's an amazing idea, i really like it!
however, it seems this mod doesn't work on my game. As shown in the upperleft in my attached screenshot, there is no option for decision enact. I am sure I installed the mod correctly, and I already saw palace provided Magistrates in my game. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2014-12-20_00001.jpg
    2014-12-20_00001.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 121
Top Bottom