Resource icon

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) v.29 beta 5b

Cheers Nutty for the Just Ethnic Diversity mod, it's exactly what I was looking for to compliment RED. The larger unit sizes help me better appreciate the great unit artwork.

I do have one small issue though, I've been playing with the most recent version and I've noticed that the Mech Infantry unit is just one vehicle instead of 3. When I disable your mod and just use RED, the mech unit returns to being 3 vehicles. Has anyone else experienced this?

The larger unit sizes help me better appreciate the great unit artwork.

My thoughts exactly.

...I've noticed that the Mech Infantry unit is just one vehicle instead of 3.

Thanks for catching that. Stupid error on my part (CiV internally uses the word MECH to describe the Giant Death Robot, and in making my reference to that unit I used a wildcard, which of course covers MECHANIZEDINFANTRY as well).

I'm uploading a new version now. EDIT: Done. See the link in my sig.

Cheers Nutty for the Just Ethnic Diversity mod, it's exactly what I was looking for to compliment RED. The larger unit sizes help me better appreciate the great unit artwork.

You may already know this, but there`s a preference line in the Civ\Documents that allows you to zoom closer if you want to see smaller units. Works really great.

I upgraded my horseman to a knight but the model of the knight is that of the spearman. The unit functions like a knight with the correct symbol only the model is wrong.

I'm using vanilla Civ5 with this modpack. I'm Germany.

You may already know this, but there`s a preference line in the Civ\Documents that allows you to zoom closer if you want to see smaller units. Works really great.

That's true. I have changed this setting even though I typically use Single Unit Graphics:
- Edit your config file (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini).
- Find "Minimum Zoom Level" (defaults to 11.000000) and change it to, e.g., 7.000000 (or less).
But note that performance can suffer somewhat (and some people don't want to HAVE to zoom way in, or always rely on the unit icon to tell units apart).

I upgraded my horseman to a knight but the model of the knight is that of the spearman.

That's what happens when the game is having trouble with the model, e.g., it can't find the .fxsxml. It may be that you just have to clear your cache. I'll take a look, but note that Gedemon should be releasing the new version of R.E.D. Modpack very soon. :clap:

EDIT: The German knights are working fine for me. What other mods do you have enabled?

Thanks for all your mods on fanatics anyway. good stuff.

That's what happens when the game is having trouble with the model, e.g., it can't find the .fxsxml. It may be that you just have to clear your cache. I'll take a look, but note that Gedemon should be releasing the new version of R.E.D. Modpack very soon. :clap:

EDIT: The German knights are working fine for me. What other mods do you have enabled?

Where can I clear my cache?

I run:
  • Consaeptics UI tweaks
  • Coustom notifications
  • RED v10

I noticed other units upgrading to spears aswell

I run:
  • RED v10

I noticed other units upgrading to spears aswell

v.10 ?

not compatible with G&K and patched Civ5.

[to_xp]Gekko;11837348 said:
you know we're all waiting for JED v16 right? ;)
G&K compatible EDSUG for me please. :p
I'm working on it! :) But I'm also going to have a busy week. :(

EDIT: Watch the SUG thread. Betas have been posted there.

Delete everything in the C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache folder. You'll have to reactivate all of your mods.

And... what Gedemon said.

FWIW, I posted a new beta of J.E.D. for R.E.D. v18 (see first post). Note that I only did minimal testing, but I fixed a few glaring issues with that no one mentioned from the beta for v17 (that therefore never got a proper release).

If you use this and you run across any weirdness, let me know so I can fix it. If I don't hear anything for a while, I'll just put it up on Steam since Gedemon has been doing regular updates and it looks like we've got more units coming down the pike.

Samurai hasn't been scaled properly in v18.
Thanks. The Greek Hoplite had the same problem (those 2 UU's are special cases for R.E.D. since Gedemon has added additional unit models to them).

Fixed. A new beta has been uploaded.

Okay... So Civ5 is driving me batty... :crazyeye:

I can't even get mods to download at all any more... I was hoping the the hotfix or Nutty's 'diversity only' would finally resolve the on-going issues I've been having... WRONG!

I cleared out all the old mod-data from the game folders, then went on steam and un-subbed then re-subbed to all the items I wanted (Nuttys, the hotfix, and RED itself). When I boot up the game an go into the mods section however... Well, RED will go through the whole DL/install process alright... But then, nothing... It doesn't appear in the list of available mods... Re-booting the game or even the whole computer doesn't seem to help... If I go in-and-out of the "get mods" section, it will download the 'extra' items, but read itself still won't function. I went into my MODS folder for Civ5 in -/My documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/- ... There was a single file there called: "r.e.d. modpack (v 19).civ5mod" but that was all, no folder for the actual mod content or anything else, just the one file...

Is there perhaps a manual method for acquiring the mod, so I can manually verify the file structure myself as I go?

Please help me make the game playable again! :cry:

~JD

Top Bottom