Faerun

Really looking forward to 2.0, played 1.0 many times. Quick question, is it possible to make a terraforming spell for mages which would turn desert to plains or something? Call it Rain or something?

But seriously, you've never played a game of DND? I mean if you wanted to start now I'd recommend Pathfinder, its fun, simplifies the mechanics of 3.5 alot

Hey Krieger, thanks for the info. I guess I'd need some people to play with me? My family members absolutely despise games of all types, so I may be stuck with SP video games! ^^

Above you asked about the alternate map, and I should clarify that there is only one scenario map. The Underdark section is simply inaccessible from the main map except through the portals. Wish I had some spiders to put in those caves....

Really looking forward to 2.0, played 1.0 many times. Quick question, is it possible to make a terraforming spell for mages which would turn desert to plains or something? Call it Rain or something?

Well, terra-forming is, in principle, very easy to implement with lua (see my "Global Warming" mod). The problem is that the game engine does not update terrain graphics until the game is reloaded from a save, which means that the map doesn't visually communicate terrain changes (tooltips are always accurate).

It does, however, instantly update feature graphics, things like swamps and forests. With this in mind I devised a new spell that I plan on giving either to Druid units or the Druid Hero -- Command Plants. The druid moves into a forest tile, casts the spell, then the forest comes alive as a new unit type called a Treant.

The problem is that the game engine does not update terrain graphics until the game is reloaded from a save, which means that the map doesn't visually communicate terrain changes (tooltips are always accurate).
I keep thinking that there might be some way to "trick" the GraphicsDLL into updating. I bet that one of the features or improvements or resources (or some combo thereof) triggers a terrain graphics update (these graphical entities are cross-linked in weird ways).

We've already discovered a way to trigger a GraphicsDLL CTD: just place a farm, then a resource, then remove the farm (with Update Landmarks checked). Perhaps I'll write a script to try all the combinations...

We've already discovered a way to trigger a GraphicsDLL CTD: just place a farm, then a resource, then remove the farm (with Update Landmarks checked). Perhaps I'll write a script to try all the combinations...

The crash "works" also without placing a resource ;)

Excited about the big update! Will it include the ability to pick the custom map size? My laptop has trouble handling all the AIs and large map.

I've finished off the Schools of Magic content, which replaces the old Policy System.

All the spells are functional and add a very different experience to the base game. Mages now start with no spells, and are entirely dependent on "policies" to gain new spells. Clerics start with healing, but gain several spells through the Schools (this will be augmented by skills granted through Pantheons.)

For now I've decided against Alignment effecting the Schools of Magic.

Spoiler Schools of Magic :

*Spell List by School

Hey Krieger, thanks for the info. I guess I'd need some people to play with me? My family members absolutely despise games of all types, so I may be stuck with SP video games! ^^

Above you asked about the alternate map, and I should clarify that there is only one scenario map. The Underdark section is simply inaccessible from the main map except through the portals. Wish I had some spiders to put in those caves....

That would be cool...they might make good driders too if it could have the horseman animations attached to it.

No problem. Same with me and dnd...I found some guys at my campus to play Pathfinder with a year ago; college/high school is a great place to find people to game with.

It looks like you have one or two free squares in your school of magic screen. Maybe keep one box for governments? magocracy, aristocracy, monarchy, etc?

Checking out your progress looks fantastic. A suggestion if your looking for more underground resources I suggest Rothe, they are underground cattle harvested by the drow.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Rothé

If you look closely in one of the blurry screenshots of the underdark above, you'll see I added the Rothe resource. It reuses the truffles graphic. Thanks for the link!

Just a small update. I've finished off most of the content for the new Pantheons, which replace religions in this scenario. Founding a Cult of [Deity] generally provides a civilizational bonus and the ability to build Temples and Clerics of that deity. You can only build one deity-specific Cleric, but they are much stronger than normal clerics and each has a unique bonus. For example, Clerics of Waukeen can build roads; Clerics of Oghma provide a boost to current research when they are born.

Spoiler Faerun Pantheons :

Pantheon founders receive diplomatic bonuses and hits based on the compatibility of their pantheon alignments.

Hi FramedArchitect..Just a stupid question. When will the development phase complete? Can't wait to see the new contents.

It looks like you have one or two free squares in your school of magic screen. Maybe keep one box for governments? magocracy, aristocracy, monarchy, etc?
I may fill out the Schools of Magic with new branches in the future, based on suggestions. Your ideas are good ones, but for right now the existing schools seem to be adequate for basic civ building.

Hi FramedArchitect..Just a stupid question. When will the development phase complete? Can't wait to see the new contents.
I think I'm on track to release the G&K version, including the Magic, Heroes, Pantheons and Race components, by the first week of February. At that time I'll probably put a preliminary version up here so interested people can try it out for a week or so before I put out v.1 on Steam.

Good work, I doubt it's doable, but something to throw in the ideal bin. Thay and Vaasa would get culture for killing foes on the map like Montezuma does in the original game.

Is Bane one of the religions you have, or have you excluded him?

Good work, I doubt it's doable, but something to throw in the ideal bin. Thay and Vaasa would get culture for killing foes on the map like Montezuma does in the original game.

Is Bane one of the religions you have, or have you excluded him?

I think this is a good idea, but because of the increased value of culture in the scenario, you'd have to be careful in allocation of kill rewards.

Bane is not a Pantheon right now. I cut back the number of Pantheons to 12 partly to increase the value of founding them and partly to decrease needless complexity. However, the Temple of Bane remains as Damara's unique building, replacing the barracks.

Top Bottom